[Tutorial] Root Your EVO3D with Automated Scripts

Search This thread

hardeep

Oct 2, 2007
Kajang
www.MemorableStudios.com
Yep, it dawned on me and I found that option - now I can use Titan to backup everything :)

Is there a possibility to add automatic remounting the SD into the script using adb? I am not really familiar with this...

Thanks again
Christoph

I am still learning ADB... these scripts however are slightly modified and files updated to make it work with our EVO3D...

chw9999

Dec 29, 2006
Bensheim
Do I have to switch the scripts off?

When I restart the phone and try to temp root it again using the scripts, I always receive an error:
--- WAITING FOR DEVICE
* daemon not running. starting it now *
ADB server didn't ACK
* failed to start daemon *
error: cannot connect to daemon

After restarting the PC it works again... Is there a way around restarting the PC?

I am using XP...

Cheers
Christoph

infinitig37s

Sep 24, 2008
Simple to use. Useful for those who want ROOT access via ADB or Device for Backup, etc. It is a modified scripts from Doomlord and some1 in the CDMA threads...

Prerequisites
1) Uninstall all HTC Sync & Drivers
2) Download and install http://downloads.unrevoked.com/HTCDriver3.0.0.007.exe
3) Make sure your device Display is set to NEVER TURN OFF & not locked in the lockscreen

Instructions
1. Download attachment
2. Extract to C:\
3. Execute file Step 1
4. Execute file Step 2. If doesnt work, go to C:\files and execute Step 2
5. Remount SD card again from the DEVICE SETTINGS page

This will work for all devices not limited to EVO 3D.

For locked bootloaders (any versions), this will result in a temporary ROOT access, and will be lost after reboot.

Please feedback for whichever H-Boot this works on.

Thanks to our following comrades...

Team Revolutionary with their ZergRush exploit
http://xdaforums.com/show...1296916&page=2

DoomLord with the automated script
http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1321582

For the third guy I cant remember where.. maybe the CDMA section with the permatemproot stuff..

With this script, Titanium Backup and Root Explorer will definitely work even on LOCKED bootloaders (will lose root after reboot, just rerun the script)

For problems especially with SUPERUSER FCs, please download and run the .bat file in the UNROOT.zip. This will clean the system of all old temp root stuffs like superusers, etc...

Appreciate your thanks..

First, I would like to thank you for your great work ^_^
um...correct me if I'm wrong...
Is that true for locked bootloader users, everytime we finished the temp root procedure, only one program can be granted for root access?
Cause everytime I try to start a 2nd program which need root access, FC happened...
Is that me with this tool, only 1 program at a time can be granted for root access?

Thank you for your replying ^^ have a nice day~

hardeep

Oct 2, 2007
Kajang
www.MemorableStudios.com
First, I would like to thank you for your great work ^_^
um...correct me if I'm wrong...
Is that true for locked bootloader users, everytime we finished the temp root procedure, only one program can be granted for root access?
Cause everytime I try to start a 2nd program which need root access, FC happened...
Is that me with this tool, only 1 program at a time can be granted for root access?

Thank you for your replying ^^ have a nice day~

Not true... since I have a LOCKED BOOTLOADER device, however, you may suddenly lost your root access after certain apps.. there is no clear indication which specific app, as it is quite random...

if your SUPERUSER FC, repeat the UNROOT procedure -> Reboot -> ROOT... if SUPERUSER still FC, try clearing DATA in APPLICATIONS SETTINGS and update to latest superuser from market... it works for me..

looknsee

Feb 13, 2009
if superuser FC, u can just reinstall the superuser and everythings work.

Last edited:

wasiff

Nov 19, 2011
unroot problem on evo3D

untitled.JPG

this is wat happened when i tried to unroot my evo 3d and then it hangs my pc i had to restart twice...

the root runs successfully but runs titanium backup ones in root access and when i tried to backup things it said no root access again...tried this 5 times!!

joelivethelife

Jan 13, 2011
Simple to use. Useful for those who want ROOT access via ADB or Device for Backup, etc. It is a modified scripts from Doomlord and some1 in the CDMA threads...

Prerequisites
3) Make sure your device Display is set to NEVER TURN OFF & not locked in the lockscreen

Instructions
1. Download attachment
3. Execute file Step 1

For locked bootloaders (any versions), this will result in a temporary ROOT access, and will be lost after reboot.

For the third guy I cant remember where.. maybe the CDMA section with the permatemproot stuff..

With this script, Titanium Backup and Root Explorer will definitely work even on LOCKED bootloaders (will lose root after reboot, just rerun the script)

For problems especially with SUPERUSER FCs, please download and run the .bat file in the UNROOT.zip. This will clean the system of all old temp root stuffs like superusers, etc...

Appreciate your thanks..

Hi bro, its good to see a fellow Malaysian contributing to the dev section.

I was wondering, my set from DiGi is 1.49.0011, is it possible to root this without voiding the warranty permanently like htvdev? I'm a bit confused..

hardeep

Oct 2, 2007
Kajang
www.MemorableStudios.com

I was wondering, my set from DiGi is 1.49.0011, is it possible to root this without voiding the warranty permanently like htvdev? I'm a bit confused..

Have to wait the revolutionary team to hack the unlock bootloader method. With this temp root, you can backup n restore from titanium backup. Maybe remove some bloatware which are not in system partition.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m

Reactions: Dynasty5600

seblog

Mar 9, 2009
Ok, i can confirm that this method still work with Hboot 1.49.0018
need to launch step 2 from \files\ folder
had some troubles with titanium backup and i had to select auto,indirect method plus use the busybox of titanium (and not the system one) to restore all apps
all working fine in the end, thanks!

hanibalsk

Feb 18, 2012
HI rooted my evo 3d with DoomLord scripts, everything was ok, su and CWM was working, then I started instalation CWR from CWM. Screen was black, phone restarted and it took too long to start phone. It frozen on HTC logo and do nonhing. So I restarted phone by pulling out battery. But it still is stopped on HTC logo.

So I tried recovery, but maybe something going wrong. I have rom zip file at root of sd card. bootloader found zip file, then parse and then nothing. I see only menu with Bootloader, Recovery, factory reset and image crc. Nothing else. I tried Recovery - nothing, Bootloader->rebooot - nothing. Still freezing at logo.

So I tried install cwr image throu fastboot. Packets are succesfully written, then I choosen reboot and still nothing.

I have Bootloader 1.49.0018, S-ON, Unlocked and used DoomLord's script.

Any idea? thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Prerequisites

Instructions
    1. Download attachment
    3. Execute file Step 1

Appreciate your thanks..
    Just tried on my HK Evo3D (HBoot 1.49.0012, completely stock, no HTC unlock) and it works. But it took me a few trials to get it working.

For those who have problems with the script (e.g., permission problems during the script) try:

(In the following steps, make sure ur evo3d is disconnected from ur pc when you reboot it. Just to make sure that it is clean.)

1) reboot your phone
    2) run the unroot script
    3) reboot once more
    4) run the root script "Step 1.bat"
    5) *** go into the "files" directory ***, and run the "Step 2.bat"
    6) at this step you should see the superuser is installed (check the app drawer)
    7) go to Settings to mount your sd card

I have managed to root it and run through a titanium backup successfully. Thanks for the great work!

Have to wait the revolutionary team to hack the unlock bootloader method. With this temp root, you can backup n restore from titanium backup. Maybe remove some bloatware which are not in system partition.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m