[Q] Choppy (low frame rate) 1080p video recording with stock i9505G

Search This thread

racerex

Dec 29, 2011
I ordered the i9505G directly from the Google Play store. Since day one I noticed that the frame rate during 1080p video recording is pretty choppy. It doesn't seem to be 30fps. So I returned it and got another one. The second i9505G also seems to have the same issue.
I am quite surprised and disappointed because on my GS3 I was able to record in 1080p quite smoothly... and yet on the GS4 it seems choppy. Anyone else have this experience?

racerex

Dec 29, 2011
I ordered the i9505G directly from the Google Play store. Since day one I noticed that the frame rate during 1080p video recording is pretty choppy. It doesn't seem to be 30fps. So I returned it and got another one. The second i9505G also seems to have the same issue.
I am quite surprised and disappointed because on my GS3 I was able to record in 1080p quite smoothly... and yet on the GS4 it seems choppy. Anyone else have this experience?

A bit more info. I dug a bit more into the issue and it appears that the video recording frame rate is capped at about 16fps on the i9505G. That's visibly very choppy. Anyone else experience this problem?

neno.onen

May 14, 2014
I have a I337M (Canadian version) on which I installed a GPE ROM and I'm experiencing this same frame rate issue. A real bummer since I love the AOSP mojo. I use the S4's camera alot so this is a show stopper for me. I guess it's back to stock since there doesn't appear a fix or even an acknowledge of the issue by either Google or Samsung.

jakemog

Aug 24, 2010
You guys do know that there is a modded aosp camera that can record smooth 30 fps/60 fps right? Downside is HDR doesn't work ^_^