Remove All Ads from XDA

Sprint has kicked me to the curb.....

97 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By <Laharl>, Member on 6th June 2013, 05:56 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
So I received a letter today.....

Dear Laharl,
In November 2012 we contacted you to make sure that you were aware of the terms of your voice plan.
As a reminder, the roaming terms and conditions for Sprint roaming-included plans are:

Not available with single-band phones, or to the customers residing outside an area covered by the Nationwide Sprint Network.
Sprint may terminate service if (1) more than 800 minutes, (2) a majority of minutes, or (3) a majority of data kilobytes in a given month are used while roaming.

As part of our last communication with you, we also pointed out that your level of voice roaming use violated the terms of our roaming-included service plans.
Our intent in contacting you previously to give you an opportunity to change your usage habits to be in line with the terms of your plan

Because your overall usage continues to exceed off network roaming limits in violation of your voice plan we regret to inform you that your wireless service will be terminated effective on July 9th 2013.

We understand that switching to another wireless carrier may be inconvenient, which is why we are giving you until July 9, 2013 to make the transition easier.
In addition, we will waive any applicable Early Termination Fee and monthly recurring charges for your voice plan on your last month's bill.

Please note that you will be responsible for all other charges reflected on your invoice for your account.

You may transfer or port your existing wireless number to another carrier. If you choose this option, you will need to initiate the transfer of your number with the new carrier of your choice before July 9,2013 because the number will no longer be available as of that date.

If you have any questions regarding your final bill, the adjustments we made to your account or transferring your number, please call Sprint Customer care, 7am to 7pm CT.
Sincerely,
Sprint.

So I called them and asked and they said that because I use 200 to 300 roaming minutes which is more than the 150 to 200 sprint minutes I use they are going to terminate the line even though I am also paying for 4 other lines and when I spoke with a rep they basicly said that I should be thankful that they are just removing the one line and not all 5.
If I didn't use 15gb a month on my main lines I would leave for AT&T which has 4G in my town.

6th June 2013, 06:19 AM |#2  
Flag Cleveland, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 505

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;42260890

So I called them and asked and they said that because I use 200 to 300 roaming minutes which is more than the 150 to 200 sprint minutes I use they are going to terminate the line even though I am also paying for 4 other lines and when I spoke with a rep they basicly said that I should be thankful that they are just removing the one line and not all 5.
If I didn't use 15gb a month on my main lines I would leave for AT&T which has 4G in my town.

Sounds like you need to elevate. 300 roaming minutes is not excessive. Point out how much business you do with sprint, and that if they terminate that one line you will take all your lines to another carrier.

Sent from my GNote2 using Tapatalk 2
6th June 2013, 08:00 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

More
So this is what that line used last month and they said we had almost 375 AM off network minutes

Anytime Minutes Shared 1,129 --

Any Mobile, Anytime Unlimited 6,575 --

Text Unlimited 7,761 --

Night & Weekend Unlimited 3,297 --

Picture Mail Unlimited 619 --

Sprint 3G Data Unlimited 493,279kb --

Sprint 3G Data Roaming See Terms 69,258kb -- Limit per Terms is 300MB (67.6348MB used)

Sprint 4G Data Unlimited 0 - (I'm Paying the 10.00 Premium Data since 2010 and still no 4g)

I talked for almost 2 hours to a rep who would not budge and said that even though they are forcing me out on July 9th they will pay the Early Termination Fee's (the contract runs out July First so there are none) and that I can not use the Device upgrade on the line either because if i do I will have to pay the fee for the line getting disconnected because I would not have the device for 6months.
6th June 2013, 09:06 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 220

More
I love how 3 years of paying for 4g without ever getting any 4g doesn't factor in at all. Nice. Big companies suck. I doubt AT&T or Verizon will turn out to be loving angels of mercy, but yeah I'd be pissed myself. ALL lines would go. Maybe only to a Sprint reseller like Boost though, so I could keep using my same devices.

The root problem though is universal and is simply market forces and the extreme difference between you and any bezillion dollar international company. They don't have to care, so they don't care.

There is only one way individuals (in a way) can bring a grievance to a big company and make them answer for it, and that's class-action lawsuits. And gee whaddya know? The last few years big companies have added "You agree you can't class action us. Or even sue us at all. Just non binding arbitration and only individually." right into their terms of service! Amazing eh? What a great gig it is to be a big company!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KEYofR For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KEYofR Ad-Free
6th June 2013, 09:38 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 150

More
That does not sound excessive at all.
6th June 2013, 01:50 PM |#6  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 306

More
Hopefully you didn't use the 00001 prl.

However that being said, there are folks who would LOVE to be in your shoes right now.
6th June 2013, 03:10 PM |#7  
Flag SF Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 209

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by <Laharl>

... Sprint 3G Data Roaming See Terms 69,258kb -- Limit per Terms is 300MB (67.6348MB used) ...

I forgot the the "limit" on the 3G roaming, but I've had months where I had no 4G used, because it wasn't available, had 3G roaming, and no issue. But I did have GB of data transfer on roaming, no issues.

I believe they have like a 500MB limit on international data roaming. Plus, I could have sworn, at least on the within the USA, you unlimited roaming voice and data, overall.

I found this for Family Everything plans
Quote:

Voice/Data Usage Limitation: Sprint reserves the right, without notice, to limit throughput speeds, and to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if off-network usage in a month exceeds: (1) voice: 800 min. or a majority of minutes; or (2) data: 300 megabytes or a majority of kilobytes. For 3G/4G Mobile Broadband Plans, monthly off-network allowance varies by plan. 100MB plan allwance: 25MB/Mo.; 300MB or 3GB plan allowance: 100MB/mo.; 6GB and 12GB plan allowance: 300MB/mo. Additional off-network data: 25c/MB. Unlimited features are while on the Sprint network. Prohibited network use rules apply. See in-store materials or sprint.com/termsandconditions for specific prohibited uses.

And based on the numbers you gave, you're not exceeding. You used approximately 69MB out of 300MB. So, I'm assuming it has to be voice or text where you're exceeding. The bill should break it down. If not, I would make them give you a break down, and do it for the last six months. The later should show a pattern. And if it does end up being true, then I would look at the coverage area and compared it to where that one is used on a regular basis. I'm thinking the phone frequents a big Sprint dead zone. Not sure how much ground you have to argue in that regard. But it the pattern shows it was just the two months, I would definitely argue they're being draconian over a situation that rarely occurs.
The Following User Says Thank You to lovekeiiy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lovekeiiy Ad-Free
6th June 2013, 05:41 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Quote:

Dear Laharl,
In November 2012 we contacted you to make sure that you were aware of the terms of your voice plan.
As a reminder, the roaming terms and conditions for Sprint roaming-included plans are:

Not available with single-band phones, or to the customers residing outside an area covered by the Nationwide Sprint Network.
Sprint may terminate service if (1) more than 800 minutes, (2) a majority of minutes, or (3) a majority of data kilobytes in a given month are used while roaming.

As part of our last communication with you, we also pointed out that your level of voice roaming use violated the terms of our roaming-included service plans.
Our intent in contacting you previously to give you an opportunity to change your usage habits to be in line with the terms of your plan

Because your overall usage continues to exceed off network roaming limits in violation of your voice plan we regret to inform you that your wireless service will be terminated effective on July 9th 2013.

We understand that switching to another wireless carrier may be inconvenient, which is why we are giving you until July 9, 2013 to make the transition easier.
In addition, we will waive any applicable Early Termination Fee and monthly recurring charges for your voice plan on your last month's bill.

Please note that you will be responsible for all other charges reflected on your invoice for your account.

You may transfer or port your existing wireless number to another carrier. If you choose this option, you will need to initiate the transfer of your number with the new carrier of your choice before July 9,2013 because the number will no longer be available as of that date.

If you have any questions regarding your final bill, the adjustments we made to your account or transferring your number, please call Sprint Customer care, 7am to 7pm CT.
Sincerely,
Sprint.

That's crazy. I wish I would have gotten this letter. I'm trying to switch to T-Mobile.

Sent from the Great Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yankees45us For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yankees45us Ad-Free
7th June 2013, 01:30 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 615

More
Damn.
Please tell me what you did.

I absolutely hate Sprint!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to devynbf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift devynbf Ad-Free
7th June 2013, 01:32 AM |#10  
Flag VA
Thanks Meter: 229

More
Quote:

Dear Laharl,

Sincerely,
Sprint.

I received the exact same one for my bro in laws line today. Literally exact same dates and everything. So yeah, he's done. I guess it's my fault that Sprint has no towers where he goes to school......

D
7th June 2013, 03:04 AM |#11  
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 846

More
Do they black list the esn of your handsets or do they stay clean so you can sell the equipment? Id love to get booted sell my handets and move to a 4g carrier

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
garbage, hurt, loyal, sprint, treated

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)