[Q] Int. Note3 wont recognize pin after official OTA

Search This thread

ymcc

Mar 25, 2011
Hello guys,

I have encountered i problem after i updated my international note 3 officially.It said there is a new update for my device so i downloaded and updated it then it wouldnt recognize my pin.I took the sim card out then it said there is another OTA available.I downloaded and updated again in hope for a fix but it didnt recognize this time either.I blocked it and tried the PUK1 and PUK2 codes neither them both worked.Im using it now without my sim card.Its not rooted btw.

Thank you have a good day!

Attachments

• Screenshots_2014-01-04-12-51-23.jpg
    Screenshots_2014-01-04-12-51-23.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 1,197

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Only thing I can think off is boot to recovery and factory reset, see if it fixes it.

If not then you'd probably need to flash stock via ODIN.

However you need to note that reactivation lock must be off -- do you remember/know if it is off or on?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: ymcc

ymcc

Mar 25, 2011
Only thing I can think off is boot to recovery and factory reset, see if it fixes it.

However you need to note that reactivation lock must be off -- do you remember/know if it is off or on?

Its off sir under the Security settings.

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
You can re flash your stock rom via ODIN, have a read around and make sure you are 100% confident in doing so, then when your phone boots back up, you should be able to enter your puk code to unlock your sim.

I cannot stress enough the importance of reading as much as your brain can take in so that you are absolutely confident in what re flashing etc entails.

Good luck and keep the thread posted on your progress :)

Reactions: ymcc

ymcc

Mar 25, 2011
Thank you i will.Do you have any suggestions on how to backup my apps and data since im not rooted and cant use titanium backup nothing come to my mind.Thank you :)

ymcc

Mar 25, 2011
Today i changed my sim card the technician told me that my sim was damaged so thats the cause of the problem i got a new one that works perfectly.Thank you so much!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You can re flash your stock rom via ODIN, have a read around and make sure you are 100% confident in doing so, then when your phone boots back up, you should be able to enter your puk code to unlock your sim.

I cannot stress enough the importance of reading as much as your brain can take in so that you are absolutely confident in what re flashing etc entails.

Good luck and keep the thread posted on your progress :)

Try helium for backup without root :)