MOTOROLA PRO "Official thread" - Please post info on this device here

Search This thread

ibaxx

Nov 13, 2012
sorry, I thought it was another rom :)

im waiting so badly..

Read the thread there!
The Rom is not the Problem. The Problem is that the Bootloader is locked. The work around is written there but the writer has not the time I think to compile the missing module for us!
When you are waiting... then help us to find a Android developer who can compile the module for us and you have this rom working!

tmnavneet

Nov 24, 2012
My Phone is not working

I have ordered this phone through my friend in US. I am using this phone in India. Just after 2 days of usage it stopped working. It's not booting.Intially it showed safeboot mode, however after a day or so, even this message disappeared. I called up Motorola support center of US & Canada. However didn't get any positive assistance.

Phone is still with me in defective condition. No support here in India. :(

Please suggest what can be done ?

Kieters

Mar 8, 2011
I have ordered this phone through my friend in US. I am using this phone in India. Just after 2 days of usage it stopped working. It's not booting.Intially it showed safeboot mode, however after a day or so, even this message disappeared. I called up Motorola support center of US & Canada. However didn't get any positive assistance.

Phone is still with me in defective condition. No support here in India. :(

Please suggest what can be done ?

If you don't have international warranty then return it to your friend to process the repair.

stgold1

Nov 26, 2012
Is there a way to get T-Mobile wifi calling to work on the Pro+? Or for that matter any other similar phone (GSM qwerty candybar android with a decent size screen)?

stgold1

Nov 26, 2012
Still have no idea what you're trying to say. I'm trying to find out if the Pro+ (or Pro or any other similar spec'd phone for that matter) can successfully run the T-Mobile wifi app. Searching google, and this thread/XDA as a whole, has not yielded any answer. I defy you to find otherwise.

osstis

Oct 13, 2009
West Yorkshire / Silesia Poland
Still have no idea what you're trying to say. I'm trying to find out if the Pro+ (or Pro or any other similar spec'd phone for that matter) can successfully run the T-Mobile wifi app. Searching google, and this thread/XDA as a whole, has not yielded any answer. I defy you to find otherwise.

Prob. no T-mobile users here, btw you can connect any BT Hotspot (this is what u asking about?) just put your password.on.

to all Pro+ users, how to remap voice search button to get camera button or to wake up phone. I have installed Button Remapper but on the screen I've got only 3 choices 226 Headsethook, 116 Power, 107 Endcall. any ideas? small tutorial please

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2598291

to all Pro+ users, how to remap voice search button to get camera button or to wake up phone. I have installed Button Remapper but on the screen I've got only 3 choices 226 Headsethook, 116 Power, 107 Endcall. any ideas? small tutorial please

You must have root do to this.
Go to /system/usr/keylayout/ and edit file called surf_keypad.kl
Set Key 249 to POWER WAKE
Save file and reboot phone. There you go, voice search now has identical function as power key.

Set CAMERA instead POWER if you want to have camera :)

acatal

Apr 24, 2011
There is a app called MyKeyboard design for Motorola Pro+, which provide cursor control by combine key (e.g. @+G = left cursor, @+J = right cursor). You can find it from Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sumlook.android.mykeyboard

has anyone with the camera freeze problem (which i have btw) tried this app to see if it works when the camera stops the screen from responding?

i notice that when my screen freezes i can still power phone off by pressing power button and then using the space bar to select power off - so if space bar works, maybe the whole keyboard might still function(?)

vinnielo

Apr 4, 2006
London, England
Has anyone experienced their Android clock freezing up?
There are times when the clock in the top right hand corner is a few minutes slow.
The clock widget on my home screen can also freeze up by varying minutes.
The only time that seems to be functioning without problem is the lock screen clock.

There have been times when I've missed the train as I'd believed the clock in the top right hand corner to be correct.
I've rebooted the phone and everything, but it still somehow keeps coming back, usually at a critical moment!

Last edited:
Has anyone experienced their Android clock freezing up?
There are times when the clock in the top right hand corner is a few minutes slow.
The clock widget on my home screen can also freeze up by varying minutes.
The only time that seems to be functioning without problem is the lock screen clock.

There have been times when I've missed the train as I'd believed the clock in the top right hand corner to be correct.
I've rebooted the phone and everything, but it still somehow keeps coming back, usually at a critical moment!

I suffer this also, but only when the phone has lots of apps opened. Try 1tap eraser, remove smss etc and close unnecessary apps and it Should work fine

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 usando Tapatalk 2

mediavieja

Jun 3, 2010
I have a problem with my pro+, i was using my phone without any problems but suddenly it stopped working, every time i turn it on it gets stuck at the M logo and never boots, this is the 2nd time this has happened to me, the first time was when i purchase it, but i solve it by doing a full software update, now i tried the same thing but it doesnt work, once i flash and let the phone boot, it passes the M logo and all that but once the M logo dissapear all keys light up but he screen is black, also i can feel how i can touch the options on the phone but the screen is showing me nothing, i tried to turn it off the usual way (pressing power button for a few secs and then choosing the ok option to power off) and it works, but like i say i have nothing on the screen. I tried to restart now several times ut its always the same, after the M logo dissapear the screen goes black and i see nothing, please help :(

nquental

Dec 26, 2012
Files

Hello
I'm receiving an error every time I try to edit a contact and that's due to a previous deletion of yahoo related files, I've found out. Could anyone pl. send me the following files from a Motorola Pro Plus 2.3.6 mobile? Thanks!

blur_yahoo.apk
blur_yahoo.odex
YahooContacts.apk
YahooContacts.odex

mediavieja

Jun 3, 2010
I have a problem with my pro+, i was using my phone without any problems but suddenly it stopped working, every time i turn it on it gets stuck at the M logo and never boots, this is the 2nd time this has happened to me, the first time was when i purchase it, but i solve it by doing a full software update, now i tried the same thing but it doesnt work, once i flash and let the phone boot, it passes the M logo and all that but once the M logo dissapear all keys light up but he screen is black, also i can feel how i can touch the options on the phone but the screen is showing me nothing, i tried to turn it off the usual way (pressing power button for a few secs and then choosing the ok option to power off) and it works, but like i say i have nothing on the screen. I tried to restart now several times ut its always the same, after the M logo dissapear the screen goes black and i see nothing, please help :(

No one? :(

fudger

Nov 11, 2004
Need help!

I have the pro+ which I purchased in the UK at the beginning of November 2012.

It has 2.3.6 loaded specifically 55.1.1036.MB632.Retail.en.GB.
Baseband is 5.5.1Q-110_ELW-TA-36
Kernel is 2.6.35.7

Anyway, I cannot get any cell signal or at least very very weak and more often than not get the 'no entry' symbol across the signal strength indicator whereas with my defy+ I get full strength.

I suspect it is a phone hardware problem but can someone please check their device to see if the build details above are actually correct for the UK please?

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MOTOROLA PRO+ "Temp Forum" - PLEASE POST INFO ON THIS DEVICE HERE

Im hoping not to be contravening any rules here but since there is barely any info on the MOTOROLA PRO+ at the moment (not much info either on its predecessor MOTOROLA (DROID) PRO), I though all little bits of infor around (I have posted a few things in different places) could be gathered in one place - HERE! :) ...at least until when (and if) a dedicated section is created for this device...

Some posts started/found so far:

04 DEC 2011
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=19941515#post19941515
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=19941082#post19941082
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=19940922#post19940922
    http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=832 - Motorola DROID PRO (XT610) only
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=19282001
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=19306339

08 DEC 2011
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...rces-thread-sbf-root-update-instructions.html - Motorola DROID PRO (XT610), possibly applicable to our Motorola PRO+ (MB632) too...
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-pro-roms/ -ROMs!!!!!!... BUT, technically for the DROID PRO (XT610) ...not sure if they will work with our PRO+s (MB632)

12 DEC 2011
    How to start the Motorola PRO+ (MB632) on the more than basic "built in" recovery:
    1. Switch phone off
    2. Hold the keypad's "R" key together with the "M" key and press the power button (all simultaneously so: R+M+Pwr) until the Motorola's logo (white Motorola "M" inside red circle) appears - at witch moment you let go of all thre keys
    3. wait until the Android "hazard" triangle + the Android "robot" appear, and then:
    4. ...press the "volume up" and "volume down" keys at the same time...
    5. You will get a very basic 4 option sub-menu consisting of: "reboot system now", "apply update from sd card", wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition"
    You can navigate the above with the volume key and used the "enter" button on the keypad to accept.

...ALSO, if whilst the phone is off you press the "volume down" button and keep it held whilst powering up, you get a very basic menu which contains: "Fastboot", "Enter Qualcomm Flash Mode", "Erase USERDATA", "Power Off" and "Exit (boot Android)" ...what I can figure out is how to select any of these options as I have tried with "enter", the "power" button as well as with other keys on the keypad, and nothing seem to work... I will keep trying see what I get - let me know if you guys figure it out before I do! ;)

13 DEC 2011
    Motorola PRO+ (MB632) Emulator (Motorola Official SDK, found by edent): developer.motorola.com/docstools/android-sdk-addons/addons/Motorola_SDK_Add-on_for_Pro_Plus_MB632

17 DEC 2011
    PRO+ Developing Project (Founf by boom2k): http://en.sourceforge.jp/projects/sfnet_motoproplus.motorola/
    Got my Motorola PRO+ yesterday! FANTASTIC PHONE!! Totally what I was looking for (...and more...)!!!
    Fast, compact but with larger than average display size (for a front physical QWERTY keyboard device), lightweight yet very sturdy, VERY comfortable QWERTY "bar type" keyboard, fantastic display quality, owesome battery life....... (I think Im going to cry! :D)
    ...I even "figured" how to root it after trying a few available options out there that didnt work. I will post more on that later (...Im at work right now...!) :)

***UPDATE***
    ...so, THIS is "later"! :) Here is the best and EASIEST way to unlock a MOTOROLA PRO+ (MB632) - I dont know if it also works with MOTOROLA DROID PRO (XT610) - at least for my experience (as all Windows ways I tried didnt work for me! :( ...maybe is something to do with my "paranoid" strength anti-virus program... ). Yes, you will need to get Ubuntu (Linux) but is free, easy to download/install/use, and you can have it running from an USB stick or installed side by side with your Windows!

ALL CREDITS GO to: CrimsonSentinel13, paxChristo and DooMLoRD's who together, provided me with the way to do it! (please MAKE SURE you visit the following link and THANK THEM if it does work for you!) Said link - below - contains more than one way (Windows, Mac, Linux/Ubuntu, etc.) to get the PRO+ rooted, but since the Windows versions didnt work, and regardless that it would have, I think the Linux/Ubuntu way is MUCH faster and MUCH easier so, here goes "THE WAY" that I used in order to get my PRO+ ROOTED! :)

LINK TO CrimsonSentinel13/paxChristo post/method: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1312859&highlight=rooting

EXTRACT OF paxChristo METHOD FOR LINUX/UBUNTU (The EASIEST WAY OF ROOTING YOUR MOTOROLA PRO+/MB632!):

Originally Posted by paxChristos
    If you're doing the script rooting in linux, do these things first
    1) Download and unzip file (it's below at dropbox.com or ubuntu one; or it's posted in #1 as an attachment)
    2) open up terminal
    3) type "su"
    4) enter your password
    4a) if you don't have su set up
    4b) type "passwd"
    4c) enter you username password (no, there will be no ***s to show that you entered anything, just hit enter when you've inputted your password)
    4d) input a password for root (unix) (no, there will be no ***s to show that you entered anything, just hit enter when you've inputted your password)
    4e) type "su" and enter your password
    5) navigate to location you unzipped the file to (chrome default download is /home/[your username]/Downloads)
    6) type "chmod 755 runme-linux"
    7) type "cd files"
    8) type "chmod 755 adb"
    9) type "cd .."
    10) type "./runme-linux"
    11) type "exit" x2 to exit terminal
    12) enjoy your rooted play!

Here's the script (and all applicable files) (totally ripped off DooMLoRD's code, thank him, please, for me), go to these links:
    At dropbox.com: http://db.tt/a4H6QFfV
    At Ubuntu one: http://ubuntuone.com/7mD63kpsKzGmaou5hcftBV

NOW, WE ONLY NEED ROMs FOR THE MOTOROLA PRO+ (MB612)
    ...OH! ...and once rooted, I cant stress it enough: INSTALL THIS FIRST OF ALL!!
    Hi all! Sorry to have been "away" for so long, but since I updated to Android 2.3.6 (OTA) I lost root capability and I refuse to have an Android device without root (amongst others because of Carrier IQ - and a looooong etc), but tonight, I have finally found the remedy!!!!! here (root your PRO+ with Android 2.3.6!): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=22480767
    Information from: From http://www.droidevelopers.com/f301/14896-detail-steps-how-unlock-boot-loader-motorola-pro.html

Dan Rosenberg documented very detail on how to unlock the bootloader of Motorola device with Qualcomm CPU (which including Motorola Pro+). You can learn the detail form:
    Azimuth Security: Unlocking the Motorola Bootloader

For those who want to skip the detail and just want to unlock your device, you can go here:
    Security Research by Dan Rosenberg

After unlock the bootloader, you can freely to flash any recovery tool and customized ROM.

Hope it can help more people to build ROM for Motorola Pro+

Enjoy =)

I see light! I want this light getting brighter! Lets do this! yeaaaahhh! :D