Korean Galaxy Note 2/Note 2 LTE Owner Thread

Search This thread

Leechoonhwee

Apr 30, 2006
Since we're on this topic. I know that Samsung have upgraded the LTE chip on later shipment to rev 1.2. Anyone already having that?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

cornbread0715

Jun 6, 2009
Honolulu
My galaxy note 1 was from lg korea....but due to the lack of support I decided this time to get the international version of the phone. ...who needs lte when wifi is available so many places nowadays

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app......If I helped you please press the thanks button :D

cpacfeguy

Nov 9, 2012
Washington, DC
Hi All,
Since this seems to be the only GN2 version available with 32gb internal storage, I am feeling a strong temptation to buy it. However, I do have some concerns I am hoping you owners can address:

1) Is the DMB antenna obvious? I looked at the Samsung Korea site, and most of the photos don't show it. Does it retract or detach in some way? I know I won't be able to use it in the US so am hoping it will be easy to forget about.

2) Does it have a FM radio receiver like the international version?

3) Is the user experience the same as the international version if English is selected as the default language?

Ideally I would like to eventually be able to flash an international rom into the device, but I know that's not possible now. Are any of the current owners expert enough to offer an educated guess as to whether it will be possible in the future?

Thanks for your help and advice.

I have the shv-e250k 64gb, the DMB antena is not obvious. it follows along the contours of the unit. it's also retractable. not sure yet about the fm radio receiver, but i don't think it does. at least i haven't found it. :)

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Until dev get their hands on the LTE version you have to live with it. I'm sure the Korean Note 2 works on all bands except USA if that's what you're asking.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

The shv-e250k works in the USA (Virginia/Washington DC) and gets 3g. LTE won't work though. At least not until these telephone companies keep their monopolies of the bandwidht. I'm hoping that T-Mobile or MetroPCS might roll out an LTE in my area at the frequencies that my unit will work with.

hannsz

Aug 9, 2009
I have an E250L rooted and running a decent ROM. I'm waiting on us to get a forum so we can have the nice ROMs and kernels ported!

Sent from my Note II.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352506075670.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352506075670.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 3,620

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
I have a few question for owner of the shv-e250k.

im using a e210k korea s3 lte, we have the problem that network setting is only accessible through a secret menu with the use of a code and password.

as for network features, outside of korea when set to 4G, you can only use 4g, if outside a 4g zone there will be no signal, it will not downgrade to 3g and 4g is data only, no voice over 4g, but in korea these works normal.

when the network is set to auto outside of korea, you cannot receive 4g, 3g and hspa+ is the best it will go, but in korea it works normal.

the above feature is not a error with my phone but will all korea s3 used outside of korea.

just one question, is the korea note 2 lte (shv-e250k) the same as above, or is it just like the international version.

thanks in advance.

kms

gppsoft

Apr 21, 2012
Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk
Hello What is the difference between SHV-E250S and SHV-E250L. Is it possible to flash a custom firmware for this unit? Is it possible to flash the firmware on the 7105? Sorry for my English. I use a translator.

Last edited:

DudePharaoh

Oct 28, 2012
Raleigh
problem with my E250K

Hey guys

I recently purchased a galaxy note 2 E250K phone. But it seems like there is either a software issue, or probably it is still locked

- everytime i boot up the phone, i get that annoying OLLEH logo (instead of the galaxy logo)
- when i try and access my vm from the number pad, the number 1 button does not have that voicemail icon, that indicates its a VM button, in addition, when i press and hold the 1 button, it asks me to create a speed dial, not enter the VM number
- when someone calls me, and i reject the call, it hangs up on them, not forward them to the VM
- i have some apps still show korean language, even though i changed the language to english
- i called my cell phone network provider, they have reset my account 6 times, no help

Any ideas of what can be done?

I was told that my phone could be still locked by a contract from the KT mobile provider in Korea

i am in a desperate state right now, since i have been looking for solution for a month now, and i cant find any.

Is there anything i can do here?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Lucidmike

Dec 6, 2009
www.youtube.com
Hey guys

I recently purchased a galaxy note 2 E250K phone. But it seems like there is either a software issue, or probably it is still locked

- everytime i boot up the phone, i get that annoying OLLEH logo (instead of the galaxy logo)
- when i try and access my vm from the number pad, the number 1 button does not have that voicemail icon, that indicates its a VM button, in addition, when i press and hold the 1 button, it asks me to create a speed dial, not enter the VM number
- when someone calls me, and i reject the call, it hangs up on them, not forward them to the VM
- i have some apps still show korean language, even though i changed the language to english
- i called my cell phone network provider, they have reset my account 6 times, no help

Any ideas of what can be done?

I was told that my phone could be still locked by a contract from the KT mobile provider in Korea

i am in a desperate state right now, since i have been looking for solution for a month now, and i cant find any.

Is there anything i can do here?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Wait, so I'm trying to read between the lines here. Can you make phone calls just fine? If so, your device is unlocked.

Every single problem you listed, is because you have the stock Korean dialer and the stock KT rom, with some Korean versions of those apps.

Actually, none of those problems are real problems. It is working as expected. If you want to change those bullet points, you would need to get either a different rom (make sure it is safe for your korean note 2). Or you can do it individually like replace the dialer with something that knows how to call voicemail with 1 for your carrier, and handles rejects by sending to vm, replace the animation screen. You see Korean words for your apps, because the versions of those apps are korean versions. you'd need to replace those apps with english ones.

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

Hello What is the difference between SHV-E250S and SHV-E250L. Is it possible to flash a custom firmware for this unit? Is it possible to flash the firmware on the 7105? Sorry for my English. I use a translator.

SHV-E250L is a CDMA/LTE model. SHV-E250S is a GSM/LTE model. I don't think the SHV-E250L works overseas. I'd really love to be wrong on that though.

DudePharaoh

Oct 28, 2012
Raleigh
yes you are right.. i am able to make calls and receive calls normally.

and actually i never thought about having korean version stock apps.. would that apply to the boot logo too? can that be changed?

i am still new to this (finding which ROM, dialer app, etc), so please bear my ignorance..

Is there a ROM that i can use that would convert everything to English? and still allow me to use the VM feature that you know of?

Thanks again for response

cpacfeguy

Nov 9, 2012
Washington, DC
I took Care of the VM issue following the advice on this thead:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=35347007
Sent from my SHV-E250K using xda premium

It's a relatively temporary Measure or can be permanent..

All the issues you Mentioned will probably be taken care Of in the future.. Our unit is very New and unique so have patience.. Regards

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Another thread that your all may want# follow M * following:. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34946553

I'm new on this and the Android System so forgive me if broke any rules of the forum.

DudePharaoh

Oct 28, 2012
Raleigh
thanks.

But the VM thing, i dont think it would work for me.. I want the basic functionality, which is going to the dial pad, hold number 1, and it dials your provider's vm. I live in the netherlands, so ATT VM app would definately not work for me.

As for the kernel thing, i am new too, so what would installing a different kernel do? what changes would it make to the E250K?

thanks

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

I think what LucidMike mentioned, makes sense. Getting a custom rom
but the question is, what ROM that would be safe with the E250K?

I found the Omega one, but no where it says if it would work for the E250K or not..

any input would be appreciated

Thanks

cpacfeguy

Nov 9, 2012
Washington, DC
I meant to setup for using Google Voice as the voicemail and using the *#60s codes to tranfer missed calls to Gv.

The thin with the KerneI is that it made my unit Way faster/snappy.. But You are rigth there are risks.

Reactions: alberto8899

DudePharaoh

Oct 28, 2012
Raleigh
thnx. I would still wanna use the factory setting. I have seen note 2 phones here tyat have factory vm access enabled and I know i can get mine to do the same . But I appreciate ur input.

Sent from my SHV-E250K using xda app-developers app

dingdinngdong

Sep 13, 2011
hi guys, can anyone tell me if the korean phones are of a different size to the international versions? does the dab aerial add some extra size? just asking for case sizing reasons..

cheers

maynard14

Oct 4, 2012
Angeles City
custom firmware

hi there

can anyone help me,.. is there any mod for the issue of sms 80 char limmit of note 2 korean e250l?

its kinda annoying to have only 80 char on sms,... huhu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PA-ROM E250S/K/L TW 4.3 From Vietnam

Hi guy!
    You can try a custom Rom made by me
    Make sure your model (S,K,L) and choose there.
    After installation, if you don't have fully Root. Please once root again by Odin 3.07...
    And then you can flash CWM (xxx.tar file first)
    After all, flash Update.zip

Note: - You have to make full wipe and format cache, system before installation Rom
    - Because I'm Vietnamese so you can choose your language at startup.
    - Its the first version so don't have any Note3 feature

Very fast, smooth and stable....:laugh::laugh::laugh:
    (My English so poor...:p:p:p:p:p)

All you need: """""""" //sourceforge.net/projects/shve250jb43/files/?source=navbar """""""" (copy and paste)
    Sorry, because i'm a newbie here and this my first post.....:D:D:D:D
    I have a friend who has an SHV-E250S on 4.3 and her WiFi scan doesn't work. It just shows the same 2 SSIDs no matter what. I was thinking of helping her out by updating her FW to 4.4.2, but then I came across scattered posts that some people are converting their Korean N2 to International variants by flashing in Odin the N7105 FW onto their SHV-E250S. Is this possible? I'm looking for solutions that DO NOT require root.

Also I have T-Mobile Note 4 that's rooted and all that. Will the Samsung USB Drivers pack I downloaded for that phone be compatible with this N2 for Odin? And where is a trusted source for the Stock Official Odin FW?

Thanks!

I suggest you move to CM12.1.. no root is required only custom recovery is required
    very stable ROM for SHV e250s : http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-2/development-n7105/rom-unofficial-build-t3067695
    use Widzard Kernel: http://www.widzard.kr/Kernel/35209

Steps:
    1. Flash stock ROM (if not already done). start phone like a new one and set it up
    2. Flash Customer recovery (http://www.widzard.kr/Recovery/19256) you can use TWRP also
    3. flash [ROM][5.1.1][CM12.1][SABER][20150610] Unofficial Build - t0lte ***FASTER***
    4. flash Widzard Kernel for AOSP

Lolipop will be up and working.. trust me you will not want to move back to touchwiz

all works, all is smooth, GPS works, battery is veyr good (better than touchwiz for sure).

Cheers
    Anyway to root this version?
    The bandwidth?
    WIDzard Kernel, Recovery Downloads Links

WIDzard Website : http://WIDzard.pwneo.com
    SHV-E250L RIL PATCHs(AOSP, DN4 Data Network, sms, mms patch for only SHV-E250L) can be download from WIDzard site.

WIDzard Kernel, Recovery mirror links : https://basketbuild.com/devs/sunhoKim
    Lastest WIDzard Kernel version : V2.4 (Support AOSP Lollipop 5.0.x ~ 5.1)

Twitter : @supersunho
    Email : supersunho@gmail.com

thx:fingers-crossed:
    I have made kernels for e250 without any problem
    you can use them on stock 4.4.2 n7105 rom .

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2662651

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app