[ROM] Adeo v0.2 (REDUX) for Atrix 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

crashingout

Aug 1, 2008
CRAP man, you raised this sunken ship of a thread from its watery grave at the wrong time, I went into development to check and see if designgears new work is up yet and this was up looking fresh. This rom is bigtime deprecated, ignore it, the creator left the scene, then came back last week, and is rom cooking right now, which is why you raising this thread at this time is so irritating. I thought his new rom was done! :(

Paschalis

Mar 25, 2009
CRAP man, you raised this sunken ship of a thread from its watery grave at the wrong time, I went into development to check and see if designgears new work is up yet and this was up looking fresh. This rom is bigtime deprecated, ignore it, the creator left the scene, then came back last week, and is rom cooking right now, which is why you raising this thread at this time is so irritating. I thought his new rom was done! :(

What do you mean? Designgears got again an atrix?

On his signature in the past wrote "Atrix sucks"..
but now i see changed his signature..

Hmmm... Thats good news! :p
If he is working on an Atrix rom, i think i will forgive him! :D

An operator, if this Rom is indeed ended, should put an [ENDED] tag in the title, and lock it, to fall again to the dead topics! ;)

Reactions: ahoymehearties
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ***MOD EDIT***

THIS ROM ONLY WORKS ON 4.1.26. Please consider another ROM unless you know what you are doing.

History & Intro
    The first version was done with 3 different batch files, it ended up being very hacky and even ended up bricking one phone because the cleanup script didn't properly work.

I have rebuilt it from the ground up as a shell script. The initial temp root and file push is done with a batch file, it then fires off the install script on the phone which reports back to the batch with helpful info about what it is doing and what to expect from the phone as it goes. You no longer have to accept any superuser requests either.

The new script has been used on tons of phones now, everything executed exactly as I expected it to. I really didn't want to post this until we had a stock firmware to restore to, after the first release I have been worried about you guys bricking your devices, but what the hell, here it is anyways.

Come chat with us!
    Features
    Works for rooted and non-rooted devices
    Deodexed
    Reboot Option
    Reboot to Recovery option
    Ad Blocking
    Removed power options header​
    Changelog
    Adeo v0.2: (3/9/2011)
    Added Unknown Sources checkbox
    Added Preferred install location (internal, sdcard, let system decide)
    Adeo v0.1: (2/28/2011)
    Reboot to Recovery option
    Ad Blocking
    Only remove app/framework Dalvik-Cache (fixes /data app issues)
    Removed power options header​
    Four simple rules
    Do NOT do a factory reset if something goes wrong(soft brick), you will lose adb access and have a pretty brick
    Do NOT do this if you are not familiar with ADB, if you softbrick you need to use adb to fix it
    DO NOT PULL THE BATTERY, EVER WHILE INSTALLING
    BE PATIENT
    How to Install

1. Read the four rules above
    2. Read the four rules above, again
    3. Read the four rules above, again, one more time to make sure you've got it
    4. Download the installer (AdeoInstallerv0.1.7z, AdeoUpdaterv0.2.7z)
    5. Hook up your phone via usb with ADB enabled
    6. run INSTALL.bat from the unzipped files
    7. sit back, relax, wait until it reboots (can take upto 5min, be patient!!)
    8. Read the disclaimer below
    9. Enjoy!
    Disclaimer
    If you brick your device, I cannot be held responsible. Simply restore with the stock SBF to get you phone working again.
    Video Walkthru
    I'm about to retturn my Atrix and switch to Verizon because of dropped calls (shame as I like the phone).

Will unrooting the phone be enough for a return, or will I need to undo the Adeo mod? If the latter, how do we do that to get the phone power button options back to stock? Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

I just modifed DG's script and files. It brought back the odex files and reverted the power button menus. I ran it on 3 phones and had no issues. It will also remove SU. I will post the link to download once uploaded. Feedback is appreciated.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M8YHFEI1

PS: Do a factory default after restoring to avoid issues with the fingerprint scanner.
    Video for installing and to see the reboot option is live...

PM sent DG. I cheated an caught link a few minutes early and wanted say thanks! This is running great with no issues and I'm loving the reboot option...

Haha, I understand your PM now... you got my file before I posted this.

Nice! First basic rom :) How would someone restore back to stop if you cant do a factory reset? I know on the captivate I had a nice Odin flash to do that.

the factory reset is only if you brick.

There is no easy way to get back to stock, I will make a thing just like this installer to do that, actually its done, testing it ;)
    Can you tell me the page its on bro.... and ya I never deleted anything...just installed adeo

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App

Here is the post with the uninstaller:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11906859&postcount=423