FORUMS

[UTILITY] Lua 5.1 tools: compiler, decompiler, snippets & extendable lua.dll with SDK

1,061 posts
Thanks Meter: 879

Post Reply Email Thread
20th March 2009, 04:32 PM |#261  
Flag So. Calif.
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sztupy

I think these are either mode9 or dialog references, not real file references.

Hmm, ok, I'll look into that. by the way. I was able to fix the Weather TAB so it now works on ALL VGA phones. Now I'm in the process of seeing about making bigger changes.
20th March 2009, 04:46 PM |#262  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag London

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smotrs

Hmm, ok, I'll look into that. by the way. I was able to fix the Weather TAB so it now works on ALL VGA phones. Now I'm in the process of seeing about making bigger changes.

I'm now working on a widgetized home interface (like on Omnia). It's not that hard actually.
20th March 2009, 07:42 PM |#263  
Flag London

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by avimak

letterpicker.lua contains the letters which shows in the slider bars of the TF3D (contacts, weather..).
I managed to change it to hebrew letters and it realy shows it great - but it still searching for contacts with only English letters and even when i'm mixing the ASCII file - it only mix it from the visual side and still searching "by the book" (A -> B -> C -> Etc...), where is the reference for those letters? I want to change it
thanks!

I found this:

Code:
HandleLetterSelected = function(l_10_0)
   local l_10_1 = string.char(l_10_0 + 65)
   trace("HandleLetterSelected=" .. l_10_1)
   local l_10_2 = ContactObj.ContactList:GetLetterIndex(tostring(l_10_1)) + ContactObj.offset
   trace("HandleLetterSelected indexJump=" .. l_10_2)
   ContactObj.listview:GetLayout():JumpToIndex(l_10_2, ListAlignment_Top, ListAlignmentOptions_Snap)
   ContactObj.listview:GetGenerator().SelectedIndex = -1
end
This might be what you're looking for, but might be something else. Here you can see, that the character is actually get from the letter index + 65 (where 65 is the character code of "A" of course)

Try changing the first line to:

Code:
local l_10_1 = LetterArray[l_10_0]
Where LetterArray is the array you modified in letterpicker.lua. This might work. There might be other instances of this stuff, try searching for the string "+65" or "+ 65" or simply "65" inside of the files, they might refer to this problem.
20th March 2009, 08:29 PM |#264  
Flag So. Calif.

More
Quote:

I'm now working on a widgetized home interface (like on Omnia). It's not that hard actually.

Nice, can't wait to see it.
21st March 2009, 07:18 PM |#265  

More
Quote:

I found this:

Code:
HandleLetterSelected = function(l_10_0)
   local l_10_1 = string.char(l_10_0 + 65)
   trace("HandleLetterSelected=" .. l_10_1)
   local l_10_2 = ContactObj.ContactList:GetLetterIndex(tostring(l_10_1)) + ContactObj.offset
   trace("HandleLetterSelected indexJump=" .. l_10_2)
   ContactObj.listview:GetLayout():JumpToIndex(l_10_2, ListAlignment_Top, ListAlignmentOptions_Snap)
   ContactObj.listview:GetGenerator().SelectedIndex = -1
end
This might be what you're looking for, but might be something else. Here you can see, that the character is actually get from the letter index + 65 (where 65 is the character code of "A" of course)

Try changing the first line to:

Code:
local l_10_1 = LetterArray[l_10_0]
Where LetterArray is the array you modified in letterpicker.lua. This might work. There might be other instances of this stuff, try searching for the string "+65" or "+ 65" or simply "65" inside of the files, they might refer to this problem.

Doesn't work, it shows me the letter and stack on it (the letter doesn't disappear after finger released...). i tried to add the first Character of the Hebrew ABC by adding "א" instead 65 - doesn't work either.
21st March 2009, 07:30 PM |#266  
Flag Waco, TX
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

Doesn't work, it shows me the letter and stack on it (the letter doesn't disappear after finger released...). i tried to add the first Character of the Hebrew ABC by adding "א" instead 65 - doesn't work either.

Isn't 65 the ascii code for letter A or something? Maybe find the code for hebrew starting letter? Maybe I'm completely crazy....
21st March 2009, 07:36 PM |#267  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by showaco

Isn't 65 the ascii code for letter A or something? Maybe find the code for hebrew starting letter? Maybe I'm completely crazy....

I think you right, but the problem is that there is no Hebrew in ASCII - only in Unicode - and i'm not sure how to write the Hebrew Unicode for "א" (The Hebrew "A") because I don't know Lua at all...
21st March 2009, 07:55 PM |#268  
Flag London

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by showaco

string.char won't work with unicode ordinals unfortunately I hoped simply using the LetterArray as a map will do the job, but it seems no. I'll try it someday
21st March 2009, 07:57 PM |#269  
Flag London

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

could you send me the files you modified? I'll try setting them up. The fact that the letter doesn't dissapear means it crashed.
21st March 2009, 08:08 PM |#270  

More
Here is the scores results so far...

the files with "65" ("A") inside them are:

contactpickerallscript.lua
contactpickerscript.lua
peopleallscript.lua
peoplefavoriteglobal.lua
peopleselectcontactscript.lua

failed tests:

1) local l_10_1 = LetterArray[l_10_0]
result - slider showing but doesn't work, pressing the slider only shows the Letters from that LetterArray from letterpicker.lua, the letter doesn't disappear after finger released but I can change the letters that shows in the screen (without any effect on the contact list of course)...

2) local l_10_1 = string.char(l_10_0 + "א")
result - the same as test 1.

3) local l_10_1 = string.char(l_10_0 + LetterArray[l_10_0])
result - - doesn't compiled...

4) local l_10_1 = string.char(l_10_0 + 'א')
result - TF3D crashed when "all contact" starts...
21st March 2009, 08:17 PM |#271  

More
here is the files which modified as test 2 (it's UTF-8 without BOM)

change it to rar
thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip HebSliderProj.zip - [Click for QR Code] (17.5 KB, 19 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lua, manila, mod, tf3d, touchflo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)