[HOW TO] UNROOT, get phone to STOCK firmware

Search This thread

jacsonmoore3

May 13, 2008
ok since there are 5 threads right now on the first page about how to do it and there shouldn't be, this is what you do, i will not link anything to anything because you should be able to find everything pretty easily(they are all stickies)

so all of you that messed something up on your phone and need to get it back into warranty this is how, FOLLOW THESE STEPS

1. get the original SPL for your phone, go to the SPL thread at the top
2. rename it to update.zip and flash it to your phone
3. download the DREAIMG.nbh from the thread where you rooted your phone
4. place DREAIMG.nbh on the root of your SD card and start phone in bootloader(camera+power)
5. hit power to start the update
6. hit action(trackball down) and your phone will reboot
7. YOU NOW HAVE STOCK FIRMWARE, it will update on it's own in a little bit

mods can we please make this a sticky?? i understand we have a lot of stickies already but this one thread takes up less space than 30 threads all asking how to do it. thanks

where the hell is the SPL file,to unroot my phone..i had the rc33 n i rooted it to rc29..n now i need to take it back to t-mobile,,so how the hell do i put it back to stock..somebody help this new guy..lol

Last edited:

butlerguy1990

May 8, 2009
to all of you that haven't recieved an update yet, there is an option in settings that will allow you to check for updates. or download anycut and create a shortcut. if you do not know how to follow the instructions in this thread you probably shouldn't have rooted your phone. i have reciueved many PM's about how to do this and as much as i am willing to help you, i expect you to have SOME common sense, if you do not i will not help

I flashed back to stock RC29 however I have not received the OTA update as of yet(8+hours) and there is no option in the Settings menu to check for updates. I downloaded Any Cut however I'm not sure what I need to enter into the fields in the make your own shortcut option to perform the check for updates function.

Is this indeed stock tmobile rc29?
The About menu in my phone states the following:

Kernel Version
2.6.25-01843-gfea26b0
android-build@ap27 #6

Build Number
Kila-user 1.0 TC4-RC29 115247
ota-rel-keys,release-Keys

kribu

Sep 2, 2006
ok since there are 5 threads right now on the first page about how to do it and there shouldn't be, this is what you do, i will not link anything to anything because you should be able to find everything pretty easily(they are all stickies)

so all of you that messed something up on your phone and need to get it back into warranty this is how, FOLLOW THESE STEPS

1. get the original SPL for your phone, go to the SPL thread at the top
2. rename it to update.zip and flash it to your phone
3. download the DREAIMG.nbh from the thread where you rooted your phone
4. place DREAIMG.nbh on the root of your SD card and start phone in bootloader(camera+power)
5. hit power to start the update
6. hit action(trackball down) and your phone will reboot
7. YOU NOW HAVE STOCK FIRMWARE, it will update on it's own in a little bit

mods can we please make this a sticky?? i understand we have a lot of stickies already but this one thread takes up less space than 30 threads all asking how to do it. thanks
I root my phone from this thread http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3312083&postcount=2. But i cant se there any DREAMIMG.nbh file and where i found original SPL, is RC30(same thread)the original SPL?

purg

May 5, 2009
UK - T-mobile

Downgraded to RC7 so I can return the phone. The auto upgrade took about 30mins to show up.

Code:
Firmware version

Baseband
62.50s.20.17u_2.22.19.26I

Kernel
2.6.27-00392-g8312baf android-build@apa27 #72

Build number
CRB17

jacsonmoore3

May 13, 2008
where the hell is the SPL file,to unroot my phone..i had the rc33 n i rooted it to rc29..n now i need to take it back to t-mobile,,so how the hell do i put it back to stock..somebody help this new guy..lol

tubaking182

Mar 28, 2008
SPL is in the SPL thread

DREAIMG.nbh is in the how to root hack flash your G1 thread

if you are in US and using RC3X and the update is taking too long for your liking the hit menu>settings>about phone there is either and option there or in status to look for system updates. if you are in UK then the options are probably the same but i do not know for sure.

jacsonmoore3

May 13, 2008
well i need to take it back to t-mo...n i been trying to unroot my phone 4 a week now..n d's thread i just dont get..im new at this stuff..i need help BAD!

JVStylez

May 6, 2009
Ok, I read through this whole thread and dear God its a cluster ****, it needs to be cleaned up, this is a very important sticky, also, can someone go ahead and write up a guide to unroot and set the phone to the stock firmware? If I had the knowledge in how to do it I would write it myself since I can tell there are some members still kinda clueless, including myself. Thanks.

JVStylez

May 6, 2009
Actually, I figured it out on my own. Very simple if you ask me. Follow these instructions:

1. Format the SD card to FAT32 mode (this is sometimes needed. The image is not always found if other files are on the sd card).

2. Unzip the RC29 or RC7 image file DREAIMG.nbh to the SD card. (RC29 for US, RC7 is for UK) @

http://koushikdutta.blurryfox.com/G1/DREAIMG-RC29.zip for US users
http://koushikdutta.blurryfox.com/G1/DREAIMG-RC7.zip for UK users

3. Turn the device power off and insert SD card.

4. Hold Camera button, and press Power button to entry bootloader mode.

5. Press Power button to start upgrade procedure.

6. After it finishes, reboot by pressing Send, Menu and End simultaneously.

And that's it. If I am missing something please feel free to step up and correct me.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2009
Just adding a lil more

I had a bit of trouble trying to receive the lastest update after going back to stock. So i did some searching and found the original RC30 and RC33 updates with original radio versions also. Hope it helps for others trying to get the lastest stock version on the g1.

I would do a wipe b4 installing the updates. Not sure if u can just go from rc29 to rc33 but if anything apply the rc30 first then add the rc33.

RC30: http://rapidshare.com/files/235429432/RC30.zip
RC33: http://rapidshare.com/files/235429434/RC33.zip

gooberguy

May 19, 2009
i tried using the original bootloader from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=455860 and when i tried flashing it, it just said error on line 1 or something like that. any ideas?

edit: actually i decided to check it out so i went into spl mode (camera+power button) and it was the rainbow color one.. so did it work even tho it said error?

Last edited:

jester1176

May 21, 2009
here's the issue I'm having...

I have DREAIMG.nbh on my SD card
Hold camera+power down
for a split second, I get an error that says "no image" or something like that
then it sits on the rainbow screen with "serial0" until I restart (power/send/menu)

Anyone with some help?

tubaking182

Mar 28, 2008
here's the issue I'm having...

I have DREAIMG.nbh on my SD card
Hold camera+power down
for a split second, I get an error that says "no image" or something like that
then it sits on the rainbow screen with "serial0" until I restart (power/send/menu)

Anyone with some help?
did you format your card to FAT 32???? make sure the card is most deffinately FAT 32, if you do not know for sure(i.e. you did not format it anytime in the last 6 months) you should just reformat it to make sure

jnoriega

May 15, 2009
My G1 been "UNROOTed" multiples time but this last time I've come up with the following error:

DREAIMG.nbh - FAIL

BOOTLOADER - OK
RECOVERY - OK
BOOT - OK
SPLASH1 - OK
[OS]SYSTEM[Fail]
USERDATA -
RADIO_V2 -

Update Terminate
UPDATE FAIL
Anybody have any ideas on this or have a fix?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

so all of you that messed something up on your phone and need to get it back into warranty this is how, FOLLOW THESE STEPS:

NOTE: if you have flashed a custom splash screen to splash2 then you will need to erase that before step one with this code
    plug phone into usb in fastboot mode
    Code:
    fastboot erase splash2
    After that you will have only one splash screen and when you flash the .nbh you will be fine

1. Get the original SPL for your phone, get it here
    2. Rename it to update.zip and copy it to your sd card. /sdcard
    3. Download the DREAIMG.nbh from here.
    4. Place DREAIMG.nbh on the root of your SD card. /sdcard
    5. Go into your phones recovery. [Hold the home & power button]
    6. Push Alt+S on your G1 to flash it with update.zip
    7. After it does its thing, gettig back to your home screen.
    4. Start phone in bootloader. [Hold camera+power button]
    5. Hit power to start the update DO NOT INTERRUPT!! i can not stress this enough.
    6. Click on the action button(track ball) and your phone will reboot.
    7. YOU NOW HAVE STOCK FIRMWARE, it will update on it's own in a little bit, or *Settings>About phone>System Updates*