[ROM][4.2.2r1]p6800/p6810/i815](5OCT2013)PAC-Man ROM 4.2 Milestone1 release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

robinou

Jul 28, 2012
You could try the app diskusage. I love the app and really nice and easy finding out what is eating up internal and external sd cards. But I just checked and I have a little over 10 gig of internal memory free.
You'll love this Rom. Daniel is awesome and a lot of users are really good at helping and trying to figure everything out.
9097 Mo System data... That's too much :(

Last edited:

czach5932

Jan 25, 2013
Gretna
I don't think I solved the ram leak but I was able to prevent my tablet from freezing up or lagging. My tablet will lag around 120 meg ram and freeze at about 85 but with v6 supercharger set at 1000 hp settings and bullet proof everything and modifying kernel settings to release ram right away I could keep ram above 175 all times even with 3 chrome tabs open and my tablet up time around 24 hrs. Couldn't test longer because I caused a reboot but very happy with the outcome. The only thing I noticed doing this is it causes chrome reloads constantly but I'm willing to endure that.
Also you might want to look at getting greenify to prevent apps from opening and draining ram and battery.
I was able to convert YouTube to a user app and hibernate it but converting maps and doing the same will cause a reboot when you try to use it and it will revert back to system app.

Attachments

• IMG_20130805_051030-1049258097.JPG
    IMG_20130805_051030-1049258097.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 443
Last edited:

teiglin

Jul 7, 2011
I don't think I solved the ram leak but I was able to prevent my tablet from freezing up or lagging. My tablet will lag around 120 meg ram and freeze at about 85 but with v6 supercharger set at 1000 hp settings and bullet proof everything and modifying kernel settings to release ram right away I could keep ram above 175 all times even with 3 chrome tabs open and my tablet up time around 24 hrs. Couldn't test longer because I caused a reboot but very happy with the outcome. The only thing I noticed doing this is it causes chrome reloads constantly but I'm willing to endure that.
Also you might want to look at getting greenify to prevent apps from opening and draining ram and battery.
I was able to convert YouTube to a user app and hibernate it but converting maps and doing the same will cause a reboot when you try to use it and it will revert back to system app.
Maps definitely runs fine as a user app. If you're having trouble converting via tibu or whatever, you could try deleting it then downloading from the play store.

Of course, I have no idea why you're having so many RAM issues; you could try adjusting the LMK settings to be more aggressive, but I have mine set at default levels and don't have any stability issues.

:( I was able to recover about 2Go by deleting previous backup but it's still odd.
In CWM I can see old stuff in "sdcard"...

I don't really know what to do :confused:

If you upgraded from 4.0/4.1 you may have stuff under the "old" sdcard directory--from 4.2 on, /sdcard points to /data/media/0 to facilitate multiuser. So look under /data/media, if things are correct you should only have two directories: 0 and legacy. Anything else is taking up space but not visible under your /sdcard directory.

Reactions: robinou

robinou

Jul 28, 2012
If you upgraded from 4.0/4.1 you may have stuff under the "old" sdcard directory--from 4.2 on, /sdcard points to /data/media/0 to facilitate multiuser. So look under /data/media, if things are correct you should only have two directories: 0 and legacy. Anything else is taking up space but not visible under your /sdcard directory.
;)
That's it. It's quite hard to understand, but I finally found howto:
Singha superwipe :victory:
More than 12Go free on Internal Memory :highfive:

czach5932

Jan 25, 2013
Gretna
Maps definitely runs fine as a user app. If you're having trouble converting via tibu or whatever, you could try deleting it then downloading from the play store.

Of course, I have no idea why you're having so many RAM issues; you could try adjusting the LMK settings to be more aggressive, but I have mine set at default levels and don't have any stability issues.

I'm using v6 supercharger with the most aggressive min free values. Not sure why but like I've said three times now I really needed to do a clean flash. That's the last thing I haven't tried yet.

ColBill

Apr 6, 2012
Anaheim, CA
I'm using v6 supercharger with the most aggressive min free values. Not sure why but like I've said three times now I really needed to do a clean flash. That's the last thing I haven't tried yet.

Hope you get things working - i am including a older way to do a clean flash. Following these steps should get all the right areas freshly formatted. Sorry if I'm providing is too detailed but I hope helps for clean installs.

1- Load the ROM

2- Reboot into recovery using Quick Reboot.

3- Using your volume keys to scroll and your power key to select, scroll down and select "Wipe data/Factory Reset" then scroll to "Yes" and select.

4- Scroll down and select "Wipe Cache Partition" and then select "Yes"

5- Scroll down and select "Advanced" and select "Wipe Dalvik Cache" and then select "Yes" then scroll down and select "Go Back"

6- Scroll down and select "mounts and storage" then scroll down and select ONLY these 3 listed, "format data" and then select "Yes", then scroll down and select "format cache" and then select "Yes", then scroll down and select "format system" and then select "Yes". Then scroll down to and select "Go Back"

7- Then scroll down to "Install Zip From Sd", if you put the ROM on your external SD card select "choose zip from SD". If you put it on your internal scroll down and select 'choose zip from internal". Then after you selected one of those depended on where you put the ROM, scroll down and select the ROM and then Select "Yes".

Let it run and do its thing and once it says its done, select "reboot system now" and enjoy. I've been told some wipes do not do a good job clearing system - this format makes sure it is cleaned. Again best of luck. By the way after my last wipe I have not reload v6 supercharger or PMR. I think both are outstanding tools but I seem to have had fewer problems. ;)

Reactions: cpsanada and rebski

NightShadow02

Mar 15, 2011
this may be a one time thing but, messing with Wifi AP through quick settings make those settings unresponsive. What's worse is that Wi-fi turns off as well. Turning it on and off through Settings proves futile. A reboot fixes this though. Haven't attempted another go yet.

update: more problems. Im trying to set up my mobile data but I can't receive the network settings that I requested to be sent from my operator. Likely an unrecognised IMEI problem? Inputting manually doesn't let me get past 'MCC needs 3 digits' error message (the info isn't available on operators website). Using 3rd party apps (HiAPN, Tweakker) they all claim that my sim card is not inserted or some other issue regarding my sim card being unusable (yet I can text and make phone calls)

actually, making phone calls isn't actually accurate, I can make a phone call, but I can't hang up, it freezes as soon as I press Hang Up / End Call. The call keeps going on and there's no way to terminate the call. The phone call is still on-going on the notification bar and the phone call audio still plays (other person can hear me but won't end until the person being called hangs up)

update: ok just saw the telephony patch. will test it now

update: ok got mobile data working now. and I see wifi AP seems to be a known issue since its a problem in PA3. is it possible to disable the button which enables Wifi AP? It destroys wifi connectivity if accidentally activated

Last edited:

renma

Jan 24, 2008
GPS missing

After I flashed the latest version of PAC-man ROM, the GPS of my P6810 doesn't work anymore.
no GPS icon show up; tried GPS Test, no satellite show up.
Please help!!
Thanks!

czach5932

Jan 25, 2013
Gretna
After I flashed the latest version of PAC-man ROM, the GPS of my P6810 doesn't work anymore.
no GPS icon show up; tried GPS Test, no satellite show up.
Please help!!
Thanks!

I know an easy way to update and change GPS config is pimp my room from the play store. Not sure why you would have lost GPS settings though.

robinou

Jul 28, 2012
I try to create a new user but i can't see where i can activate superuser in the new session.
My GF don't like the pie thing... I try to modify in hybrid properties but i don't have any rights....
Is there some tric to do that?

ColBill

Apr 6, 2012
Anaheim, CA
Daniel - potential to get a Sky High Kernel

Hi Daniel - hope the new job is going well.

UpInTheAir expressed a possible interest in building Sky High kernel for the PAC-Man ROM or PA but doesn't want to start from scratch. He stated that if the source, source changes and configs for the releases were published he might be able to devote some to a project. Not sure if you have interest in having an additional kernel but thought I would pass on the offer.

All the best - especially with your new project.:good:

Reactions: daniel_hk

GNUDroid

May 15, 2012
porting the highsky kernel?
is it not a bad approach?

it is for official firmwares. therefore it also it uses that outdated samsung hw libs, etc.... i think it would be much more easier to port a real cm kernel to our tabs.

dorimanx is to complicated, stock cm kernel slow, but i think one could find great sources in he i9100 forum. e.g. the stock kernel from slimbean (sabermod by fusionjack) or the kangbang kernel should be relatively easy to port, if one uses their common cm-kernel sources and replace he hw-specific source trees with the work daniel already did for your great tab 7.7 roms. i think daniel is full of private work. he doesn't show up very often here. all we could do, ask other devs if they would help us with an kernel. as said the i9100 device is very similar. for an very very experienced kernel-dev. porting a 9100 kernel to our device should not no take long. we should use the sources of the overcrowded and over supplied i9100 device.
if highsky would find time, it would be sooo coool. 2 devs for cm-based roms on our tabs!

send from my 6810. supported by 9100 and my linux desktops. brain in the head and GNU in the heart. community and sharing are freedom are open source.

Last edited:
Reactions: daniel_hk

UpInTheAir

Account currently disabled
Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand

it is for official firmwares. therefore it also it uses that outdated samsung hw libs, etc.... i think it would be much more easier to port a real cm kernel to our tabs.

dorimanx is to complicated, stock cm kernel slow, but i think one could find great sources in he i9100 forum. e.g. the stock kernel from slimbean (sabermod by fusionjack) or the kangbang kernel should be relatively easy to port, if one uses their common cm-kernel sources and replace he hw-specific source trees with the work daniel already did for your great tab 7.7 roms. i think daniel is full of private work. he doesn't show up very often here. all we could do, ask other devs if they would help us with an kernel. as said the i9100 device is very similar. for an very very experienced kernel-dev. porting a 9100 kernel to our device should not no take long. we should use the sources of the overcrowded and over supplied i9100 device.
if highsky would find time, it would be sooo coool. 2 devs for cm-based roms on our tabs!

send from my 6810. supported by 9100 and my linux desktops. brain in the head and GNU in the heart. community and sharing are freedom are open source.

He was referring to my thoughts here :

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=44791373

I believe ColBill didn't mention anything about porting, and i definitely never implied it. Only "possibly" adding my SkyHigh touches to existing source ;)

I'm no dev, and have very limited XDA time these days to even try any large project (or support it). That's partly why I'm not cooking any ROMs. I just try to help out and share when I can :)

Edit : regarding porting, N7000 is closest hardware wise (edit, meant "N")

Sent from my GT-P6810 using xda premium

Last edited:

daniel_hk

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 12, 2012
Hong Kong
Realme X2

I believe ColBill didn't mention anything about porting, and i definitely never implied it. Only "possibly" adding my SkyHigh touches to existing source ;)

I'm no dev, and have very limited XDA time these days to even try any large project (or support it). That's partly why I'm not cooking any ROMs. I just try to help out and share when I can :)

Thanks for your supports for our tab!

I'm on a train returning home. Have 40 precious minutes to check the mails and here...:D

Let me provide some of my experiences for anyone interested. Any corrections and helps are very welcome..:)

All existing kernels for smdk4210 are more or less the same. over 90% of the sources are the same for the 3.0.x kernels. All the drivers are derived from the source of Samsung.

Dorimanx use the 3.1 source (I think start from AOKP) and cherry pick some drivers from newer source up to 3.9 and Siyah. Siyah is base on the cm10 then cm10.1 source (both 3.0.x) and has a lot of changes and add new interface to CPU, GPU O/C and governors. Some of the codes are derived from 4412.

CM now use the smdk4412 kernel source for official i9100 and n7000 CM.

For hardwares:
Both i9100 and n7000 use Boardcom chips which still have driver update from newer devices. Our tabs use Athero for wifi and CSR for BT. Both are not found in new devices. CSR doesn't support bluedroid which is the standard after 4.2. I put the bluez stack in the 4.2 source to support BT. Still need some polish... The Phone chip for i9100 is the same as our tab. Actually, I modified the blobs from i9100 to make the Phone of p6800 works on cm10.1. The partition layout for n7000 is quite similar to our tab.

For CPU O/C:
Both Siyah and ezyKernel use similar codes for O/C but different way to set the voltage. Both O/C works great in HC3.2 (Up to1.8); works good for JB4.1.x - 4.2.1 and the early 4.2.2 (up to 1.6G) but not working on subsequent 4.2.2 (may lead to error any retry. As a result, slower when O/C)....

For CPU governors:
Governors are algorithm to decide the performance and power consumption. In my opinion, a too complicated and too much involving algorithm may not be a good idea. As the new wifi drivers perform quite good in power consumption, I don't want to waste time on that. I just copy a few from Siyah and Dorimanx.

For GPU O/C:
The mali-400 should work on 400MHz but the stock kernel only set it at 267MHz. As I tested for some time. Even at max. all the time, the power consumption is not significant. There are codes in new source to lock the max. speed. Same as cpu governors, I found no immediate need to add steps to save power. I reverted to two steps to keep a simple algorithm. At 400MHz, noticeable heat is generated, so I set the max. to 360MHz without voltage increased.

For wifi driver:
The one in CM has sod and drain issue. When putting the stock driver to CM, wifi will turn off at sleep!
I built two wifi drivers. One from the source of Athero(for kernel 3.9), the a driver. I add wakelock and suspend support to it. Another one from stock JB source with the same wakelock and suspend codes to solve sod, the s driver. Although I find no appearing difference myself, I use the s driver for my public releases.

For kernel, I'd tried the following:
1. Porting the stock JB kernel source to CM10.1, PA and PAC.
modifications:
- move the kernel modules from initramfs to /system/lib/modules
- replace the frame buffer driver with the one in CM. (otherwise become slow motion)
- replace the wifi driver with my driver.
- add the same CPU and GPU O/C
- some blobs need to adjust to make camera and GPS work. (haven't done)

After testing for some time, I found no appearing performance difference. The streaming and camera also need some changes to work with the replaced frame buffer driver. Don't want to waste time on another 3.0.31 source but I cherry pick a few newer driver (Power and 30pin connector..)

2. Start with the 3.4.x source and try to replace the missing drivers.
Spent a lot of time to fill all driver and found that I might start with the wrong tree! I was using the general kernel... I think using the exynos kernel source is better. Might start all over later.

3. The last attempt is to port the smdk4412 source (3.0.61) from CM. It would have better support for SELinux (for 4.3). Finished and put in my latest cm10.1. Camera not working yet. Streaming and related drivers needed adjust..

That's briefly what I have done... I still can't successfully upload large projects like kernel to github but I'll continue when I have time. Small one like device trees are there...

Hoping it would help anyone interested. I always welcome different opinions.

Still have a few minutes to take a nap...:D

Send from my Google Nexus 7 Android4.3 JSS15J

Last edited:

UpInTheAir

Account currently disabled
Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand

I'm on a train returning home. Have 40 precious minutes to check the mails and here...:D

Let me provide some of my experiences for anyone interested. Any corrections and helps are very welcome..:)

All existing kernels for smdk4210 are more or less the same. over 90% of the sources are the same for the 3.0.x kernels. All the drivers are derived from the source of Samsung.

Dorimanx use the 3.1 source (I think start from AOKP) and cherry pick some drivers from newer source up to 3.9 and Siyah. Siyah is base on the cm10 then cm10.1 source (both 3.0.x) and has a lot of changes and add new interface to CPU, GPU O/C and governors. Some of the codes are derived from 4412.

For hardwares:
Both i9100 and n7000 use Boardcom chips which still have driver update from newer devices. Our tabs use Athero for wifi and CSR for BT. Both are not found in new devices. CSR doesn't support bluedroid which is the standard after 4.2. I put the bluez stack in the 4.2 source to support BT. Still need some polish... The Phone chip for i9100 is the same as our tab. Actually, I modified the blobs from i9100 to make the Phone of p6800 works on cm10.1. The partition layout for n7000 is quite similar to our tab.

For CPU O/C:
Both Siyah and ezyKernel use similar codes for O/C but different way to set the voltage. Both O/C works great in HC3.2 (Up to1.8); works good for JB4.1.x - 4.2.1 and the early 4.2.2 (up to 1.6G) but not working on subsequent 4.2.2 (may lead to error any retry. As a result, slower when O/C)....

For CPU governors:
Governors are algorithm to decide the performance and power consumption. In my opinion, a too complicated and too much involving algorithm may not be a good idea. As the new wifi drivers perform quite good in power consumption, I don't want to waste time on that. I just copy a few from Siyah and Dorimanx.

For GPU O/C:
The mali-400 should work on 400MHz but the stock kernel only set it at 267MHz. As I tested for some time. Even at max. all the time, the power consumption is not significant. There are codes in new source to lock the max. speed. Same as cpu governors, I found no immediate need to add steps to save power. I reverted to two steps to keep a simple algorithm. At 400MHz, noticeable heat is generated, so I set the max. to 360MHz without voltage increased.

For wifi driver:
The one in CM has sod and drain issue. When putting the stock driver to CM, wifi will turn off at sleep!
I built two wifi drivers. One from the source of Athero(for kernel 3.9), the a driver. I add wakelock and suspend support to it. Another one from stock JB source with the same wakelock and suspend codes to solve sod, the s driver. Although I find no appearing difference myself, I use the s driver for my public releases.

modifications:
- replace the frame buffer driver with the one in CM. (otherwise become slow motion)

After testing for some time, I found no appearing performance difference. The streaming and camera also need some changes to work with the replaced frame buffer driver. Don't want to waste time on another 3.0.31 source but I cherry pick a few newer driver (Power and 30pin connector..)

Spent a lot of time to fill all driver and found that I might start with the wrong tree! I was using the general kernel... I think using the exynos kernel source is better. Might start all over later.

3. The last attempt is to port the smdk4412 source (3.0.61) as CM. It would have better support for SELinux. Finished and put in my latest cm10.1. Camera not working yet. Streaming and related drivers needed adjust..

That's briefly what I have done... I still can't successfully upload large projects like kernel to github but I'll continue when I have time. Small one like device trees are there...

Hey Daniel,

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and advice. Appreciated along with your precious time to improve our devices :thumbup:

Seems quite alot of work and time for testing, which unfortunately I don't really have :( I need to be realistic.

I never say never though, but for the time being I'll just stick to what I can manage. :)

If I do have a real lot of spare time, sure, I'll definitely reconsider.

Thanks again for your support in our forums. :cool:

Cheers,

UITA

Edit: I do apologise if I raised anyones hopes. I didn't mean to mislead, but I did say it was just my "thoughts". You never know though.....

Last edited:

lomniom

Nov 19, 2008
Hey Daniel,

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and advice. Appreciated along with your precious time to improve our devices :thumbup:

Seems quite alot of work and time for testing, which unfortunately I don't really have :( I need to be realistic.

I never say never though, but for the time being I'll just stick to what I can manage. :)

If I do have a real lot of spare time, sure, I'll definitely reconsider.

Thanks again for your support in our forums. :cool:

Cheers,

UITA

Both of you are great developers bringing us a lot of good things. From many of us, thank you, and thank you again. :highfive:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    pacman_header.png

download.php
    PAC stands for ParanoidAndroid + AOKP + CyanogenMod. It is mainly a cm10.1 base rom with the PA features and AOKP settings.
    I decided to port PAC to our GalaxyTab 7.7 after testing it for a few days on my Nexus 7. It has the status bar in Extended Desktop that I want...Although it is harder than I thought, it is done.;)
    Cheers!

You probably need a factory reset (even from my cm10.1 and pa3) to let the AOKP services working properly.
    Do aware of the eMMC brick bug!
    Good luck!

5/10/2013
    It is quite a while that I haven't update the ROMs. We are having a long holiday which allow me to work on my belove 7.7 again. Stuggling for a few days with cm10.2 on the flu. No luck for 4.3 yet! It just reboot after showing the lock screen...:eek:
    The least I can do is to upgrade the existing 4.2.x. The cm source is mess up alot when trying 4.3 so I go directly to PAC. It is the release version of PAC now and probably the last 4.2.2 PAC. I'll try 4.3 again when I'm free...;)

History

22/7/2013
    The Samsung blobs are really outdated. It's getting harder and harder to port our tab to new codes. Need you guys to show more patrience to test and report on the new builds.
    Flash this patch View attachment p6800-PAC-TelephonyPatch.zip will fix the Telephony and kernel issue of p6800 in 17/7 PAC. Good luck!

20/7/2013
    Thanks for those who spent time for the logcat! Bootloop in i815 is fixed. The 'a' version will replace the old one. Cheers! ;)

17/7/2013
    Native NTFS support is included in the latest build. Also found a bug in Sound Settings, don't know if it work for p6810 now. Please report.;)

29/6/2013
    The latest builds are uploading now. Auto-brightness adjust is fixed. Cheers!

22/6/2013
    Here is the View attachment PhonePatch.zip for Apn settings. Flash it in recovery will get the APN settings back. Work for all models ;)

20/6/2013
    PAC v23.0.0 is a quite stable rom which has the latest HALO in PA3.60. As before, I always welcome reports/suggestions in any way. Uploading now.

Change log: :victory:
    Please visit PAC ROM for official change log and features

Know issues: :(
    Almost the same as PA3 for 7.7

Downloads: :highfive:
    goo.im: http://goo.im/devs/daniel_hk/rom/pac
    mirror1: http://www.kuaipan.cn/file/id_39173572073096195.htm#kp|39173572073096202|0
    mirror2: http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=770880052&uk=1512265283#dir/path=/PAC/GT-7.7
    mirror3: https://mega.co.nz/#F!REAUSD5Y!DOdUpml2mfs909bzYpIiCA

Latest 4.2 pa_gapps: http://goo.im/devs/paranoidandroid/roms/gapps/older versions
    Original gapps (choose 4.2.2): http://goo.im/gapps

Source: :cool:
    https://github.com/danielhk?tab=repositories

Credits: :good:
    ** The PAC-Man ROM team
    ** The CyanogenMod Team who keep many devices alive!
    ** The ParanoidAndroid Team who create many cool features
    ** Thanks Espen96 for setup a host for me!
    ** All those who help our cool tab's developments!

Donations:

FAQ

Q: Where is the developer options settings?
    A: the "developer options" is hidden in 4.2.1 (cm10.1, pa3.0)
     to show it in settings:
     in:
      settings > about
     hit the "build number" 7 times (hints will be shown after the 3rd time)
    Q: How to avoid the emmc brick bug when flashing
    A: if coming from stock ics. Here is one of the easier way:
    1. flash the rom (and gapps) in recovery. don't do factory rest and any wiping!
    2. reset to recovery again.
    3. do factory reset or wipe data
    4. reset and enjoy!
    Q: How to set the InCall screen to protrait?
    A: In 4.2.x, the InCall screen orientation is determined by the calling card which doesn't handle rotation.
     Hance remain at 0 degree (Landscape for our tab) all the time.
     To set the inCall screen to portriat, you need an external app (eg. Ultimate rotation) to force Contact.apk to portriat.
    Q: How to avoid error messages after a dirty flash from PA or cm10.1?
    A: After a dirty flash (without factory reset), you may encounter a series of error dialog (mostly the xxx.acore.xx process).
     This is deal to the mismatching layout data when attempt to sync. You may try this:
      Settings > Apps > ALL
     Clearing the data of Contact Storage, Google Contacts Sync and some other apps might need sync...
     If still doesn't work, it's about time to do a factory reset... ;)

For hardwares:

For CPU O/C:

For CPU governors:

For GPU O/C:

For wifi driver:

modifications:

3. The last attempt is to port the smdk4412 source (3.0.61) from CM. It would have better support for SELinux (for 4.3). Finished and put in my latest cm10.1. Camera not working yet. Streaming and related drivers needed adjust..

Hi, everyone !
    I'm rebuilt this ROM for GT-P6800.

Updated firmware source CM, AOKP, PA, PAC
    Fixed display to show a full month and day of the week
    Redid the boot animation. (Now iridescent color inscription samsung)
    Redid animation of transition windows and pop-up dialogs
    Fixed 180 dpi and transparent status bar

And finally, if in browser button PIE were slightly darker:
    in Hybrid Properties -> Interface -> Light color navigation -> #01C0C0C0

New version. Translate this post from Russian.

pac_p6800_4.2-milestone.1.release_20140103-015728.zip

Fix Bluetooth audio on headset
    Move and overwrite audio.a2dp.default.so to /system/lib/hw