XT912 - Camera and Headphone Jack Not Working - Should do Factory Reset?

Search This thread

enorman

Mar 7, 2014
My motorola xt912's headphone Jack and Camera does not work. This happened after doing a system update a while back. I have read that I have to do a factory reset to get it back to the original software.

However, my phone is unlocked. I took it in to get it done and that store no longer exists. So I would not be able to unlock it again (for the Canadian Network). Would resetting it to factory settings get rid of the "unlock"?

Thank you!

Dwillian

Jul 23, 2013
Kent, WA
Google Pixel 7 Pro
My motorola xt912's headphone Jack and Camera does not work. This happened after doing a system update a while back. I have read that I have to do a factory reset to get it back to the original software.

However, my phone is unlocked. I took it in to get it done and that store no longer exists. So I would not be able to unlock it again (for the Canadian Network). Would resetting it to factory settings get rid of the "unlock"?

Thank you!

I am in the US and was told by Verizon that the XT912 was sold unlocked (or was unlocked when it was updated to ICS). I don't know how to confirm that although on a recent trip to Canada I was able to buy a sim and use the phone to make calls on the Virgin Mobile Canada network so I'm pretty sure it is unlocked.

I never could get data to work in Canada though. There was a fix in the last official OTA from Verizon that sounded like it may address the data problem, but I have not had a chance to test that out.

I suggest you contact your carrier and see if they can confirm if the phone will stay unlocked after a factory reset. I suspect it will because a factory reset just clears user data and resets your phone back to default factory settings (I don't think it reflashes the firmware), but I'm not positive about that.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk