21st July 2011, 07:56 AM |#132  
Flag Orange County
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by sduvick

try that link I posted at the beginning. It's like one click root, but instead of rooting, it installs this cwm.

otherwise, that error means that the recovery binary didn't get placed, or has bad permissions. make sure that you are putting recovery in /system/bin/ and then try chmod 755 /system/bin/recovery in adb shell.

Thanks for your help I never got it working gunna Odin tonight and retry I really want to get this fixed it's bugging me
22nd July 2011, 09:05 AM |#133  
Account currently disabled
Flag Columbus Ohio
Thanks Meter: 6

Donate to Me
More
i need help with clock work on my sidekick
hi my name roy i need help to get in clock work recovery in my side kick 4g every time i go to clock work it takes me to android recovery menu and when i try to install it tells me e failed to verify whole-file signature can some one plz email me to help me plz i wan a rom on my phone email is [email protected]
26th July 2011, 02:13 AM |#134  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
If the problem truly lies in not over-writing the recovery file with the modified recovery mod, then it seems that most of us who are getting the validation error cannot push/overwrite the file even though we have root. I used root explorer to overwrite the recovery file in system/bin but when i look at the date of the filed displayed under the name, it hasn't changed. The date of my recovery mod in my SD card 14 Jun 11, but after attempting to overwrite it, the recovery file in /system/bin remains 02 Apr 11. Anyone have ideas why this is so? Is it because I'm not truly rooted (as i saw in some other forums). I tried using adb to push it too, it says read only file system error.

Edit.
Also using adb shell, then su, it says permission denied. Is superoneclick a fake/partial root?
28th July 2011, 11:25 PM |#135  

More
Ok soooo
I've been trying to fix this for like 2 hours. I signed up on here then decided to try some more so I wouldnt have to bother anyone. i'm now at the point where I think I need genuine help so, I have SD card on the root, I have the recovery file extracted and over written. I have flashed with CWM and after all that I still come up with the android system restore 3e. I'm not sure what I'm missing, I'm not sure what the issue is, or if anyone can offer any help. But either way thank you for your time.
28th July 2011, 11:53 PM |#136  
Flag Selden
Thanks Meter: 264

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XroryX

I've been trying to fix this for like 2 hours. I signed up on here then decided to try some more so I wouldnt have to bother anyone. i'm now at the point where I think I need genuine help so, I have SD card on the root, I have the recovery file extracted and over written. I have flashed with CWM and after all that I still come up with the android system restore 3e. I'm not sure what I'm missing, I'm not sure what the issue is, or if anyone can offer any help. But either way thank you for your time.

just hit re-install packages or something like that! that should work
The Following User Says Thank You to tylermaciaszek For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tylermaciaszek Ad-Free
29th July 2011, 12:37 AM |#137  

More
I tried that and it popped up with:

E:Failed to verify whole-file signature
E:Signature verification failed
installation aborted.

either im a retard OR im a retard.
29th July 2011, 12:42 AM |#138  
Flag Selden

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XroryX

I tried that and it popped up with:

E:Failed to verify whole-file signature
E:Signature verification failed
installation aborted.

either im a retard OR im a retard.

so you replaced the recovery and added the updat.zip to your sdcard?
29th July 2011, 12:43 AM |#139  
Flag Indy
Thanks Meter: 254

More
I havent done anything on the SK4G but does it require a modded recovery?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App
29th July 2011, 12:44 AM |#140  
Flag Selden

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juls317

I havent done anything on the SK4G but does it require a modded recovery?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App

download:
http://www.krylon360.com/file_host/sk4g/recovery.zip (This is the recovery.)

http://www.krylon360.com/file_host/sk4g/update.zip (this is the update)

http://www.4shared.com/get/HpENkmN8/...rer_v2124.html (this is root explorer.)

open the first file on your computer and take out the recovery file inside it and place it on the sd card.

place the second file on the sd card

and install the last file.

now open root explorer scroll down and find sdcard,
now open it and find recovery and long press on it. hit copy. now hit the back button once.
now find system. open it.
find bin. open it.

hit on the top mount r/w
hit paste and overwrite the file.

next, power down the device and instead of powering on regularly, press volume down+ power button you should be in the recovery mode.

if it is blue then hit install packages,
if it is red you should be good to go.

NOW YOU HAVE A CWM
29th July 2011, 01:35 AM |#141  

More
Ok so I did a little bit of searching and found that I may have to change the permission of the recovery file so that it can be replaced. I read that in root explorer i should long press that file and it will let me change permissions. Does anyone know which 3 digit number I should use? 777 = rwxrwxrwx. Should I do this?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)