Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY] CWM for the SK4G. Enjoy!

2,226 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,118

Post Reply Email Thread
21st December 2011, 05:56 AM |#211  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Okay, I'm having the most incredibly hard time flashing a rom on this thing! I used the OneTouch root method, replaced the recovery binary and placed the update.zip on the root of the sdcard. I've downloaded Rom Manager and flashed ClockWorkMod 4.0.0.2 on my phone and have downloaded 3 different roms (Smooth Maximus, Glorious Overdose, and TouchMUIUwiz, from Rom manager). When I boot into recovery I have the orange recovery so I think I'm in the right place. When I go to wipe data/cache the phone freezes, but I read somewhere that it wipes the data anyway so pull the battery and let it reboot. Then I try to flash the rom (any one of them) the flash goes through successfully but when the phone reboots its stuck at the Samsung Sidekick 4G logo screen and I have to ODIN back to the beginning....I've been at this for hours! Please help!!!!

21st December 2011, 07:43 AM |#212  
Flag Orange County
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
Steps:
ODIN
Root http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1348477
Have update.zip on root of sd card.
Boot into CMW.
Install Update.zip
Then check mounts
Wipe and clear cache
Flash rom
Check mounts (make sure its unmount, mount, mount, unmount)

Follow exactly. Don't use rom manager to install cwm it causes problems.

Pm if u still can't get it!
Sent from my SGH-T839 using XDA Premium App
Don't Forget the Thanks Button
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brundonm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Brundonm Ad-Free
21st December 2011, 02:19 PM |#213  

More
What are the mounts supposed to be?
21st December 2011, 09:02 PM |#214  

More
Hey I got it working! Not really sure how, but after a while when I went into cwm it allowed me to change the sdcard mount and flash...now running Glorious Overdose! Yay me!! Thanks for all your help guys!!

New question: Which is better, Glorious Overdose or Smooth Maximus?
21st December 2011, 10:25 PM |#215  
San Bernardino
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gridlock1024

Hey I got it working! Not really sure how, but after a while when I went into cwm it allowed me to change the sdcard mount and flash...now running Glorious Overdose! Yay me!! Thanks for all your help guys!!

New question: Which is better, Glorious Overdose or Smooth Maximus?

Just for refrence in the future, don't update your recovery through rom manager. Keep the same one you have now, unless its the red vodoo recovery, don't change recoveries.
9th January 2012, 07:50 PM |#216  
Quote:
Originally Posted by krylon360

Exatract and take the recovery binary file inside of it and use root explorer or adb push the file to /system/bin.
DO NOT delete the current one there, or rename any files.
Just overwrite it.
I would however, recommend getting Android Commander from www.androidcommander.com It's a lot easier, and a lot more useful.
[B]

Sorry to be such a noob, but can you enlighten me as to how to perform this step? I was trying to use Android Commander to do this, but I can't seem to get Android Commander to have root access.

Edit: Disregard this. I re-read the thread and found the comment I quoted below about using Super Manager to take care of this file transfer issue I had.
GuestK0045
9th January 2012, 08:54 PM |#217  

More
Just download sduvick all in one mod for it somewhere on this thread

Sent from my SGH-T839 using XDA App
9th January 2012, 08:59 PM |#218  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoteddy

Get Super Manager from the Market (noob friendly, like root explorer witha dress on) ; Open , click the setting icon and enable root.

Find the modded recovery on your SD, copy it. Navigate to system/bin and search recovery , rename it to Recovery.bak (incase you need to restore it) then paste the one you copied and your set.

Thanks for this. I missed this when I looked over the thread before and I was able to resolve my problem of copying the recovery file using these instructions. Much obliged!
5th May 2012, 10:00 PM |#219  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Could you please repost file?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sduvick

I have integrated cwm with the oneclickroot script and zipped it all up here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12704578/sk4...eclickroot.zip

to use:
1. Enable Debugging on your phone (Settings>Applications>development>USB Debugging)
2. unzip the .zip file above on your computer
3. double click on the run.bat in that folder.
Your phone will reboot into recovery at the end of the script.

I took out the rooting aspect of the script, so use SuperOneClick to root your phone before using this script, if you don't have root.

24th May 2012, 05:34 PM |#220  
Flag Paramount
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
I kept getting signature verification failed ... abort installation over and over so I got a busybox installer from the market and I updated busybox. I uninstalled root file manager and reinstalled an older version of root file manager. I unchecked and rechecked root in super manager and it finally worked. I also used root checker to check my root. I think my original problem is that root file manager was not overwriting the recovery properly with the modified recovery. This could be because I wasn't properly rooted or I needed to upgrade my busybox or there was problem with a specific version of root file manager that I was using. I thought I would post this to help others that are having the same problem. Good luck!
8th June 2012, 01:00 AM |#221  

More
Can someone reupload recovery.zip?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)