[Q] stuck in boot loop

Search This thread

Hagenator

Feb 24, 2013
I've got my tf300t stuck in a boot loop when i turned it on today. (Ive looked around the forums for this issue already and been able to find little or no solutions that work for me)
I'm using cm10 and twrp. last night i shut the tablet off as usual and go to turn it on today and i cant get past the white asus logo and device unlocked screen.
I can access my twrp recovery menu, wiping dalvik returns a "E:Unable to mount '/data' (tw_mount)" cache wipes fine no errors.
I'm unable to flash another rom or restore from a back up as well.
Fastboot says its working but in cmd prompt it wont list the device. (computer recognizes it and it shows in device manager as android adb interface)
If there is any other information needed I will be more than happy to provide it.
any tips or help is greatly appreciated.
thanks in advanced.

stenc55

Mar 12, 2010
I'm not yet very fammiliar yet with TF300, but from SGS 1 and ICS I remember one trick. If you have external microSD pluged, take it out or of you don't have it plug it in and then enter TWRP.
It probably won't work but you can try anyway.
Does TWRP have any file browser? I'm using CWM so I don't know much about TWRP.

Hagenator

Feb 24, 2013
I'm not yet very fammiliar yet with TF300, but from SGS 1 and ICS I remember one trick. If you have external microSD pluged, take it out or of you don't have it plug it in and then enter TWRP.
It probably won't work but you can try anyway.
Does TWRP have any file browser? I'm using CWM so I don't know much about TWRP.

Yeah it does have the file browser, upon initial booting i can browse an sd card ( i have a few of various sizes none seem to to be having any affect) and i can browse the internal storage as well. Booting both with and without the sd card in the device still leaves me in the boot loop.

stenc55

Mar 12, 2010
So, can you copy new rom to sd card, then copy from sd to internal and install new rom? I think only option you have is to reinstall rom.

Hagenator

Feb 24, 2013
So, can you copy new rom to sd card, then copy from sd to internal and install new rom? I think only option you have is to reinstall rom.

I can and have tried but it wont let me flash with the "unable to mount /data" error. It tells that my external sd-card and whatever rom i attempt to flash has problems

Repairtech123

Oct 21, 2012
I can and have tried but it wont let me flash with the "unable to mount /data" error. It tells that my external sd-card and whatever rom i attempt to flash has problems

Be sure your sdk is up to date.

1. If you hold volume down plus power button to get to fastboot.
2. shift + control right click fastboot folder on computer then open command prompt.
3. type devices... and if it is not showing a device there something is not right.
4. you can try adb push to apply a flash if your device is not wanting to flash from sd card.

Hagenator

Feb 24, 2013
M
Be sure your sdk is up to date.

1. If you hold volume down plus power button to get to fastboot.
2. shift + control right click fastboot folder on computer then open command prompt.
3. type devices... and if it is not showing a device there something is not right.
4. you can try adb push to apply a flash if your device is not wanting to flash from sd card.

I've tried this as well. It was my first thought. Also it states in my original post that fastboot doesnt list my device, adb doesnt list it as well. Both are recent and up to date. However device manager does recognize it and windows makes the little notification sound. In safely remove devices it shows up as fastboot when i enable fastboot on the device.