odin soft brick, Computer won't recognize.

Search This thread

voldomart13

Dec 24, 2010
Try Heimdall one more time, but this time, grab one of the bootloader packages. It sounds like there's a mismatch between your bootloaders and your rom (e.g. froyo bootloaders and gb rom).

Before I flashed THS ICS i flashed GB bootloaders and now I'm trying to flash stock GB

I'm gonna reflash the GB bootloaders if this screws up like every other flash ive attempted my phones history...

jmtheiss

May 16, 2008
None
Ok, try this:

Go to the one-clicks thread, to post 3, and look for a link that says, "I897UCKK4 Stock, Wipe, with option to install Bootloaders, Param,and Repartition-Heimdall One-Click". Grab that and flash it.

If it doesn't fix your issue, go back to trying Odin again. If that doesn't fix it, try using full Odin or full Heimdall - sometimes one-clicks don't work well with the newer phones.

voldomart13

Dec 24, 2010
Ok, try this:

Go to the one-clicks thread, to post 3, and look for a link that says, "I897UCKK4 Stock, Wipe, with option to install Bootloaders, Param,and Repartition-Heimdall One-Click". Grab that and flash it.

If it doesn't fix your issue, go back to trying Odin again. If that doesn't fix it, try using full Odin or full Heimdall - sometimes one-clicks don't work well with the newer phones.

Do I need it with bootloaders because if it fails my phone is gone for good...

Last edited:

voldomart13

Dec 24, 2010
I went to use my other computer but the comp won't recognize it

I'm reinstalliung the drivers

voldomart13

Dec 24, 2010
Man this is getting rediculous ive been at this for around 2 hours now.

Just some small talk while drivers are installing.

Trekfan422991

Dec 1, 2009
wix.com
Man this is getting rediculous ive been at this for around 2 hours now.

Just some small talk while drivers are installing.

Last night I odined the wrong kernel and put it in boot loop. And I ordered a jig. Then I got impatient and built one. And my friend (Bobby) designgears helped me from eclair all the way to ics. I know what you mean about time spent. It took me 5 hrs start to finish

Posted from my ICS'd Captivate

voldomart13

Dec 24, 2010
im tryin with back ports on my laptop

Reflashed BL it looks like its working!

IT WORKED!!!! Thank you all so much for helping me out over thse past few hours!

Last edited:

voldomart13

Dec 24, 2010
Heres the instructions for fixing a soft brick if mistake is made while flashing to stock from THS ics. First when presented with Phone!PC download a BL package and flash it. Then flash a GB system package and you should be good to go!