[KERNEL PATCH] Force AC (fast) Charging

Search This thread

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
Well sorry but I'm a big newb so don't look at me lol

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda premium

I actually had downloaded the source from HTC but don't have time to mod it since I'm currently busy with another Android project. Hope early next well I will get the time.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

JerryBYong

Aug 20, 2012
I actually had downloaded the source from HTC but don't have time to mod it since I'm currently busy with another Android project. Hope early next well I will get the time.
Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

just out of curiosity, how do you go about modding it?
say if i want to mod L0st.prophet's kernel to include the force ac?

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
just out of curiosity, how do you go about modding it?
say if i want to mod L0st.prophet's kernel to include the force ac?

chad0989 provided the patch file already. All you need is a complete source of the kernel, apply the patch and compile the kernel. But the patch is based on the previous kernel 2.6.35, so if the new kernel differs much from 2.6.35, some manual adjustment will be needed.

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
I just checked the HTC 3.0.16 kernel source and found one of the C program file in 2.6.35 is gone. So the patch file cannot be applied directly. Anyway, I'll try to search if there's any alternatives.

JerryBYong

Aug 20, 2012
I just checked the HTC 3.0.16 kernel source and found one of the C program file in 2.6.35 is gone. So the patch file cannot be applied directly. Anyway, I'll try to search if there's any alternatives.

Can you help me mod lost.prophets kernel?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda premium

vido.ardes

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 22, 2008
UK
The problem with all the patches I can find is they are all done on htc_battery_8x60.c which isn't present in our source. We have a htc_battery.c, but they are very differant files, and I can't see where it needs adding at the moment. I hope to have a better look later.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is for kernel devs only. The patch itself is useless to those who do not/can not compile their own kernel.

This was a pretty big hit on some other devices so I figured I'd give it a shot for you guys. This allows one to force AC charging for any charger that is detected as USB (e.g. many car chargers) and pull the full current the charger can support. It also provides additional security when connecting to public charging stations because by forcing AC charging, USB/adb data transfers are disabled, protecting your data.

It is essentially a software version of the modified charge only usb cables.

Fast charge can be toggled by issuing:

echo 1 > /sys/kernel/fast_charge/force_fast_charge

and off:

echo 0 > /sys/kernel/fast_charge/force_fast_charge

In addition I have created a toggle fast charge widget that may be used to toggle fast charge on and off right from your home screen:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.incredicontrol.fastchargewidget

I have also implemented a toggle in IncrediControl (free) that will allow you to turn it on and off.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.incredicontrol

For the widget (or any fast charge toggle) to work, you MUST be running a kernel that has this patch implemented.

As a good gesture to support a fellow dev, I ask that if you implement the patch into your kernel, please link to my widget as one means to toggle it. You are of course free to provide other ways to toggle it as well if you so desire.

Kernel devs, if you would like to test the widget yourself to confirm its working, and for convenience of testing, please contact me and I will provide you with a copy. You must show that you are a kernel dev though (i.e. link me to your kernel post so I can match your username).

http://www.incredikernel.com/wp-con.../download.php?id=vivo_force_fast_charge.patch
    i'm not a dev, but im very looking forward to seeing this in future kernel updates.

there are still many car chargers out there that could do 1ah charging but are recognized as standard usb chargers. with that you cant even use navigation without loosing battery over some time.

btw your apps are awesome! :)

What kernel do you use? I'll patch it and build a copy for you real quick.

Edit: I looked at your signature and saw virtuous quattro. Here is the kernel built from the github from that ROM:
    http://chad0989.dyndns.org/mirror/virtuous-quattro-vivo-fastcharge.zip

Enjoy.
    I am looking for a patch that works with ICS, as soon as I find it, I will add it. Please be patient, I am trying!