[rom] [update] Ma6 ota update link

Search This thread

Robalboa

Jun 27, 2011
myrtle beach
This is the stock 4.1.2 official sprint update MA6.
You may have to flash stock recovery to install it. Rename file update. Zip and place on the root of internal storage.
Then you have to reroot. It's claimed the voodoo app works for quick reroot.

This is a direct link to the Google servers
Enjoy. :)

http://android.clients.google.com/p...0/ac3e74a5a71c.update_SPH-L710_LJ7_to_MA6.zip

Galaxy S 3 32gb ...Sprint ;)
Chemistry rom self modded. Multi Window .yahhhyuhhh

jazz995756

Jul 9, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
You may have to flash stock recovery to install it. Rename file update. Zip and place on the root of internal storage.

http://android.clients.google.com/p...0/ac3e74a5a71c.update_SPH-L710_LJ7_to_MA6.zip

Do i have to be on stock ROM or can i be on any normal touchwiz ROM to flash this

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

z143456

Aug 21, 2012
I just updated to ma4 and I notice it says lj7 to ma6, will this still work even tho I am on ma4?

Last edited:

Texus915

Jul 25, 2012

ok anyones that's flashed this since its ota, does it include multiwindow or premier suite?

DIABLO NEGRO

Aug 6, 2008
is there a WIKI with a list of all the updates with root and odexed and deodexed like with the evo4g and the s2? because I want a deodexed stock rom with root and I cant find lj7 and up anywhere only custom mods. Unless I am missing something because I haven't been around for a while.

RegnierD

Inactive Recognized Contributor

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1904099

This is what I'm about to use. It installs all pieces of the LJ7 firmware including recovery and radio. There's a root zip you can flash afterward to keep SU access. After that, I will setup SuperSu Pro to survive OTA updates and then run the MA6 OTA through the stock recovery. If you don't have SuperSu Pro or VooDoo OTA, you can always flash TWRP through Odin, and then flash your root zip, boot and then make your backup of the stock ROM.

Wired0980

Dec 9, 2011
Lol so why does mine still say 4.1.1.
Only thing that changed its baseband version lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360808421863.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360808421863.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 799

RegnierD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Im asking the same question. Just wait a day there will be a custom rom lol....

As long as you can preserve root, I think taking official updates is a good idea. You get the rom, you get the radio, you get any additional firmware updates, and you have a new base from which to keep your stock backup that everyone says you ought to keep. Besides, with Samsung, it's so easy to root a device. Just load Odin and flash a recovery. Flash an su.zip and boom, you're back in business. It's not like taking an update on an HTC device where you have to worry about the new boot loader (unless you had S-Off).

Reactions: Robalboa

tpapa

Jul 18, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I just updated to ma4 and I notice it says lj7 to ma6, will this still work even tho I am on ma4?

Don't think it will. You'll need to go back to LJ7 or just give it a few days and someone will post the full stock ROM - hopefully will all of the root/no root and wipe data/preserve data permutations.

Reactions: z143456

Robalboa

Jun 27, 2011
myrtle beach
Flashed rerooted with voodoo took 2 minutes to reroot.
run flawlessly and the ma4 mods and some lj7 mods seem to work also.
:laugh:

Robalboa

Jun 27, 2011
myrtle beach
Hate to be *that guy* buuuut.

A.) This does not belong in the Development section. The sticky here says what belongs and what doesn't, and stock ROM patches are not custom development.

B.) This was already in the general section. No need to repost.

Just trying to help keep the place tidy and in order.

my mistake for posting.:crying: I thought under the R and D it says:

'[R&D] - Research & Development for Devs only, when gathering data for a new projects'

this is gathering data for projects. im sure the rest of the devs will be upgrading their base off the new official update.
i always thought that the only 2 places for roms were in development and original dev.

my bad

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Second, the stock ROM looks good, and doesn't have the God-awful themes and clashing color schemes that many devs like to use. I have yet to see a custom ROM that doesn't make my eyes hurt. .

wow.. that pea green, burnt orange, and teal blue native touchwiz mess?? Wha chu been smokin?
    Hate to be *that guy* buuuut.

A.) This does not belong in the Development section. The sticky here says what belongs and what doesn't, and stock ROM patches are not custom development.

B.) This was already in the general section. No need to repost.

Just trying to help keep the place tidy and in order.

So why would anyone want to flash a stock 4.1.2:D

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Couple of reasons. One, the Samsung stock ROM works so well, that I haven't seen any real benefit from the so-called optimized custom ROMS and even custom kernels. Second, the stock ROM looks good, and doesn't have the God-awful themes and clashing color schemes that many devs like to use. I have yet to see a custom ROM that doesn't make my eyes hurt. I just remove the Samsung and Sprint bloat from the stock ROM, and I'm good to go.
    Stock ROM & recovery are required.