[RUU] Sprint HTC One | 1.29.651.10 | Encrypted | Decrypted | Stock Rooted ROM

Search This thread

youkosnake

Jan 7, 2011
You were getting the flush error. Not some cannot load error.
All you have to do for the flush error is rerun the flash command. The majority of the time.
You're trying to redo the whole process which isn't going to help.
Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app

magnumtripod

Oct 7, 2011
You were getting the flush error. Not some cannot load error.
All you have to do for the flush error is rerun the flash command.

the flash commands never worked.

I flashed the stock ROM using the tool kit. The toolkit is what initiated the flash and got me to the "flush" message in the cmd prompt. If I try to enter the flash command after that (in the next line of the cmd prompt) nothing happens. It still just says "cannot load lol.zip"

benny3

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 2, 2011
Rosommon, MICH
I downloaded the top RUU extracted it put the phone in fastboot mode and double click the setup.exe in the folder that was extracted and let it do its thing. There is no commands or anything,

magnumtripod

Oct 7, 2011
I downloaded the top RUU extracted it put the phone in fastboot mode and double click the setup.exe in the folder that was extracted and let it do its thing. There is no commands or anything,

did it work and flash without any flush message?

EDIT: didn't work for me. I just keep getting the 12 signature verify fail

Last edited:

OMJ

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Jun 11, 2007
MN
twitter.com
did it work and flash without any flush message?

EDIT: didn't work for me. I just keep getting the 12 signature verify fail

can u list your steps?

if u use the very first link, Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_1.29.651.7_RUU.zip, extract to a folder on your pc, connect usb, run setup.exe, follow the prompts...you should be able to run this when your phone is booted up, but when I ran it, I was in bootloader/fastboot usb.

Reactions: jmsdahutt

tsalate

Apr 15, 2006
Atlanta
the flash commands never worked.

I flashed the stock ROM using the tool kit. The toolkit is what initiated the flash and got me to the "flush" message in the cmd prompt. If I try to enter the flash command after that (in the next line of the cmd prompt) nothing happens. It still just says "cannot load lol.zip"[/QUOTE

Is the zip you're trying to flash actually called "lol.zip" ?
You might want to check the spelling of the zip file.

magnumtripod

Oct 7, 2011
can u list your steps?

if u use the very first link, Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_1.29.651.7_RUU.zip, extract to a folder on your pc, connect usb, run setup.exe, follow the prompts...you should be able to run this when your phone is booted up, but when I ran it, I was in bootloader/fastboot usb.

I started with the steps quoted below, but once I got to fastboot flash zip c:/lol.zip it just keeps saying cannot load c:/lol.zip

so, I used hasoons toolkit to flash the RUU. First I tried flashing the decrypted RUU and got the "12 signature verify fail" message

then I tried the encrypted version, but I get the "flush" message

then I tried the first one in the OP and I get the "12 signature verify fail" message

Okay guys. a lot of you seem to have issues, as did I when I first attempted.
here's a step by step. make sure you have USB debugging on.

Download the AIO Tool Kit and extract. anywhere
Hasoons AIO Toolkit

Download the Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_1.29.651.7_encrypted_ROM.zip and rename it to something short such as lol.zip(that's what I used) and place it at the root of your c:/ drive, so c:/lol.zip

Navigate to the AIO toolkit folder you extracted, Open the One.exe. At the bottom, click reboot into bootloader and then do command.

Hold shift and right click then click Open Command Window Here.

when the command line opens up type

fastboot oem lock

fastboot oem rebootRUU

fastboot flash zip c:/lol.zip

If you get a message about flushing, then retype the last command and it'll work

this is all when the phone is relocked. If I unlock it again, I can boot back into TWRP recovery

Is the zip you're trying to flash actually called "lol.zip" ?
You might want to check the spelling of the zip file.

yes it's called lol.zip. The spelling has been checked numerous times, I have omitted the .zip part, I've tried the original name, I've tried omitting the c:/ part before the file name, etc, etc.....

Last edited:

tsalate

Apr 15, 2006
Atlanta
I started with the steps quoted below, but once I got to fastboot flash zip c:/lol.zip it just keeps saying cannot load c:/lol.zip

so, I used hasoons toolkit to flash the RUU. First I tried flashing the decrypted RUU and got the "12 signature verify fail" message

then I tried the first one in the OP and I get the "12 signature verify fail" message

this is all when the phone is relocked. If I unlock it again, I can boot back into TWRP recovery

yes it's called lol.zip. The spelling has been checked numerous times, I have omitted the .zip part, I've tried the original name, I've tried omitting the c:/ part before the file name, etc, etc.....

This all very odd because I flashed a Rom for the international one and was able to recover with the RUU. Sorry I can't help. I'm lost with your problem

benny3

Dec 2, 2011
Rosommon, MICH

Are you putting the zip in the folder with fastboot?

youkosnake

Jan 7, 2011
Run hasoon's AIO, and then click Flash Factory RUU zip in extras in the bottom right. then run. navigate to your RUU file after the reboot into RUU recovery. hopefully that helps.

Also for future reference, htc has it automatically boot into RUU recovery if an RUU fails halfway through flashing. my PC bluescreened during an RUU restore.

Last edited:

benny3

Dec 2, 2011
Rosommon, MICH
Also when you get the flush message you need to run theses cmd's

fastboot erase cache
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip "Name of zip"

youkosnake

Jan 7, 2011
Also when you get the flush message you need to run theses cmd's

fastboot erase cache
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip "Name of zip"

I've gotten it three times during RUU'ing to try and replicate this guys problem. all I did was rerun the last command and it should auto-flush

magnumtripod

Oct 7, 2011
So I tried to run the ROM update utility in fastboot and it couldn't complete it. It gave me an unknown error

magnumtripod

Oct 7, 2011
sending 'zip' (1029700 KB)...
OKAY [ 51.033s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) adopting the signature contained in this image...
(bootloader) signature checking...
(bootloader) rom parsing start ...
(bootloader) rom parsing finish ...
(bootloader) zip header checking...
(bootloader) zip info parsing...
(bootloader) checking model ID...
(bootloader) checking custom ID...
(bootloader) checking main version...
(bootloader) checking hboot version...
(bootloader) start image[hboot] unzipping for pre-update check...
(bootloader) start image[hboot] flushing...
(bootloader) signature checking...
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,hboot,0
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,hboot,99
(bootloader) [RUU]WP,hboot,100
(bootloader) ...... Successful
FAILED (remote: 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately)
finished. total time: 185.189s

C:\Users\Magnum\Desktop\One_Sprint_All-In-One_Kit_v1.0\data>fastboot erase cache

erasing 'cache'...
OKAY [ 0.050s]
finished. total time: 0.060s

C:\Users\Magnum\Desktop\One_Sprint_All-In-One_Kit_v1.0\data>fastboot oem rebootR
UU
(bootloader) Start Verify: 3
OKAY [ 0.040s]
finished. total time: 0.040s

C:\Users\Magnum\Desktop\One_Sprint_All-In-One_Kit_v1.0\data>fastboot flash zip lol.zip
error: cannot load 'lol.zip'

C:\Users\Magnum\Desktop\One_Sprint_All-In-One_Kit_v1.0\data>

and the lol.zip is in the data folder of the AIO kit

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here we have the RUU for the Sprint HTC One 1.29.651.10!!! This RUU is for the Sprint One ONLY to restore your phone back to stock. You MUST relock your bootloader prior to using this RUU.

HUGE Thanks to the dude who hooked me up, you're awesome!

Decrypted version & stock deodexed ROM below...

How to use:

-Download Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_1.29.651.10_RUU.zip
    -extract zip to a folder on your pc
    -boot into bootloader (various ways)
    -using fastboot, type this cmd: fastboot oem lock this will relock the bootloader
    -from pc, run setup.exe from the extracted folder. it will run the RUU utility & flash back to stock

if you are not familiar w/ adb/fastboot, use Hasoons all in one toolkit to boot into bootloader & relock bootloader

[TOOL] HTC One (Sprint) All-In-One Toolkit V1.0 [4-15-2013] [PERM ROOT][Noob-Proof]

Need more help? Check out the videos qbking77 & wwjoshdew made!

DEVs, here is the Decrypted version!

Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_1.29.651.10_RUU_decrypted.zip

Stock Rooted ROM

Sprint_HTC_One_1.29.651.10_Stock_Deodexed.zip

Previous 1.29.651.7 RUU

Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_1.29.651.7_RUU.zip

encrypted 1.29.651.7 ROM.zip

Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_1.29.651.7_encrypted_ROM.zip
    OP updated w/ 1.29.651.10 RUU!!!

decrypted version too (for devs)

stock rooted ROM coming....

*as usual, many thanks to my source for the RUU!!!
    Thanks so much for this!

who wants to be the first one to flash it? haha

I did this morning :)
    O.M.J,

just want to make sure, currently i am in 1.31 firmware with S-off but i experienced bootloop in my device. so i can just RUU this 1.29 firmware? or should i do anything first?

Thanks,

Yes, as long as you are S-Off you will be all set to run the RUU and run back to stock. If you want to go back to bone stock with BL saying S-On alongside it saying "Locked" and not "Relocked" or "Tampered"you will need to run the RUU, unlocked BL again if BL isn't still unlocked, root, put revone back onto device, use that to "-t -l" to remove tampered from BL and relock BL automatically without it showing "Relocked". then boot back into BL and run "fastboot oem writesecureflag 3" to S-On and then rerun RUU again

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4
    Okay guys. a lot of you seem to have issues, as did I when I first attempted.
    here's a step by step. make sure you have USB debugging on.

Download the AIO Tool Kit and extract. anywhere
    Hasoons AIO Toolkit

Download the Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_1.29.651.7_encrypted_ROM.zip and rename it to something short such as lol.zip(that's what I used) and place it at the root of your c:/ drive, so c:/lol.zip

Navigate to the AIO toolkit folder you extracted, Open the One.exe. At the bottom, click reboot into bootloader and then do command.

Hold shift and right click then click Open Command Window Here.

when the command line opens up type

fastboot oem lock

fastboot oem rebootRUU

fastboot flash zip c:/lol.zip

If you get a message about flushing, then retype the last command and it'll work