[jfltevzw][jflte][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

Search This thread

shawnten

Mar 21, 2008
Yorktown
i just tried this and i couldnt get it to wipe my data. it is way different then the twrp that i have used for years now. i did a factory reset and a reset for a new rom and it didnt delete any data when i went from clean rom to hyperdrive. any tips on what i may have done wrong. on a side note i couldnt get twrp to backup my roms because it said my data partition was like 128652mb so it wouldnt backup saying i didnt have enough room on sd card. this one still said my data was that huge number that i know it isnt but at least it still backed up.

Phil3759

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2012
i just tried this and i couldnt get it to wipe my data. it is way different then the twrp that i have used for years now. i did a factory reset and a reset for a new rom and it didnt delete any data when i went from clean rom to hyperdrive. any tips on what i may have done wrong. on a side note i couldnt get twrp to backup my roms because it said my data partition was like 128652mb so it wouldnt backup saying i didnt have enough room on sd card. this one still said my data was that huge number that i know it isnt but at least it still backed up.

You mean you need to format internal sdcard?
For that, look into Mounts and Storage menu

Jeremiah_1988

Nov 11, 2011
Ok im with the guy in the first post! flashed the zip in cwm and now I'm getting the error message! what do I need to do to get my flipping phone back???

---------- Post added at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 AM ----------

Please make haste with some step by step instructions. thanks for your help

---------- Post added at 03:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

tried verizon recovery but it doesn't work when u reboot it says "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone. Please turn off your phone and go to the nearest Verizon Wireless store for help". then i have to reflash stock to get everything running again.

How did you fix this in detail please??

zeroxg4

Nov 8, 2009
Ok im with the guy in the first post! flashed the zip in cwm and now I'm getting the error message! what do I need to do to get my flipping phone back???

---------- Post added at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 AM ----------

Please make haste with some step by step instructions. thanks for your help

---------- Post added at 03:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

How did you fix this in detail please??

Turn your phone off by pulling the battery or booting to odin (theres a choice to hit volume down to shut the phone off there) then boot normally. Flash cwm through rom manager. Download from the SECOND download link (the one that says loki patched)..it is also located in the second to last post on the first page. Flash that in recovery.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda premium

Reactions: Jeremiah_1988

zeroxg4

Nov 8, 2009
mother of pearl!!! thank you! i was sweating bullets man!!!!!!

No problem. From what I understand "loki" is just a bypass for the checks done in our bootloader (since we dont have an unlocked bootloader). When you install something that isn't loki supported then you get that message.

Jeremiah_1988

Nov 11, 2011
No problem. From what I understand "loki" is just a bypass for the checks done in our bootloader (since we dont have an unlocked bootloader). When you install something that isn't loki supported then you get that message.

Got it! I've been flashing for a few years now but man when something like that happens I start to freak a little lol glad it was an easy fix and thank you again!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
@Phil

I was wondering if you were going to update the US variants to 5.07.6 ?

v5.07.6 seems a stable release.
However, I need some support to loki to update ATT and VERIZON versions
The problem is that I repack them so they loose loki patch
I am short on time right now, so, if someone can confirm this:

If I repack the recovery.img then it is loki patched, the loki features (detection...) will still work?

guyd

Feb 12, 2011
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

If I repack the recovery.img then it is loki patched, the loki features (detection...) will still work?

I don't know the answer to your question, but I will be getting the Developer Edition which has an unlocked bootloader and doesn't need the loki patch applied to recovery.

I might be in the minority here, but I would be most greatfull if you could also continue to release a "normal" recovery for those of us that have the unlocked developer device. Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bait-Fish

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
Ok, looking quickly at sources, it seems the patching happens only based on bootloader detected from device
Since I do not use any extracted files, it is probably unpatched

I will release, like first one, non patched.

Hope someone patches it for latest bootloader or upload a bootloader so that I patch it
Let you know soon

Reactions: SnobbyBoss and guyd

ibukimasta

Dec 30, 2008

upload the 5.07.6 for verizon i'll loki patch that one again and test it.

Phil3759

May 30, 2012
Released v5.08.5 NON LOKI PATCHED

Change list 5.07.1 ---> 5.08.5
5.08.5 (11.07.2013)
- Compile Aroma File Manager (by amarullz) zip installer under recovery:
* either compile whole recovery, zip will be created at first pass
* or only compile aroma zip installer in two pass:
1- mmm bootable/recovery/aromafm
2- mmm bootable/recovery/aromafm/tools
* output: [target_out]/aromafm_out/aromafm_[DeviceID].zip
- detect aroma compatibility with non NEON devices during compiling
- use less conflicting flags: TARGET_NAME --> TARGET_COMMON_NAME

5.08.0 (07.07.2013)
- improve nandroid progress bar update
- fix recovery was not prompting when backup estimated size is larger than free space
- add ors backup support for twrp format requested by BillGoss
- ors backup: when no backup name is given, generate it using same way as nandroid operations (time stamp + rom name tag)
- support separated compiling for Loki patched devices (S4 AT&T and Verizon)
- i9505: revert some changes to fix time bug for some users
- Galaxy S4 US variants: repack around Audism stock JB 4.3 kernel v3 + Samsung exfat modules + revert use of mkefs for partition corruption issue
- fix missing break in set backup compression value menu (misc_nandroid_menu())
- misc clean up code
- sync latest sources

5.07.6 (05.07.2013)
- update version 6.0.3.3
- add exfat-fuse 1.0.1.362 / 2.9.2 optional support by enabling USE_EXFAT_FUSE_BIN CFLAG in BoardConfig (exfat support on cyanogenmod repacks)
- i9505: use Audism kernel v3 (Stock Samsung sources) to fix partition corruption without additional code and for better exfat support

Please Note: Device specific threads will no longer be updated. I monitor them for support and feedback though
To check if you have a new version, subscribe to main thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

Thank you for your understanding

ibukimasta

Dec 30, 2008

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
    It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
    Read the features, and check if you are missing something

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Download links (US variants)
    Now: one common recovery for all: jflte
    The below specific variants are no more updated, use jflte common variant

AT&T: jflteatt
    Sprint: jfltespr
    T-Mobile: jfltetmo
    Verizon: jfltevzw
    Canada/Bell: jfltecan
    Cricket: jfltecri
    US Cellular: jflteusc

Last version can be found here:
    http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition

Locked bootloader? How to lokify before flashing:
    1. In Advanced Menu / Toggle Loki Support : enable auto loki
    2. Flash the zip file and you are done

Note:
    All versions released after PhilZ Touch 6.01.2 will have a script in installer to lokify the image if you are coming from older recoveries or TWRP.
    Unlocked bootloader users can extract the recovery.img file and restore it from inside recovery:
    • put recovery.img in /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/philz_update/recovery.img
    • In Custom Backup and Restore menu, unselect all except recovery
    • validate to browse to the update recovery.img
    • done
    Could someone with the skills to loki patch please upload a zip? I really dig this recovery, but am not well versed in loki patching. Thanks.

here's the latest version loki patched philz_touch_5.08.5-jfltevzw (Loki Patched).zip

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

external_sd mounts just fine now. thx philz
    Here you go Phil http://d-h.st/17Z

I used the script CM is using to patch boot.img on the fly, feel free to include it in your updates if you want, just have to replace recovery.img :)

Here is the 5.18.2 patched version, thanks philz, all I did was replace the recovery.img as stated in your post SellswordShev........ https://www.dropbox.com/s/31lieedcnby94gk/philz touch new.zip

hyperdrive powered s4

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Everything works fine in the update, wonderful work

hyperdrive powered s4
    I did it in the simplest way possible.

1. I unzipped a philz recovery that I knew was loki'd and worked on my Verizon GS4.
    2. I replaced the recovery file with the philz 6.18.7 recovery file from its unloki'd zip file
    3. I then zipped the resulting set of files

And Voila a working loki'd recovery.

Or to state it more simply.take any loki'd phliz recovery zip file and replace the actual recovery file in that zip with the one you want to use from an unloki'd zip..

Yes, thank you, next update will include a dedicated jflte-loki installer for you

Sorry for the trouble
    Would be great if someone can link the locki patched last version
    I would link it to post 1

Here you go Phil http://d-h.st/17Z

I used the script CM is using to patch boot.img on the fly, feel free to include it in your updates if you want, just have to replace recovery.img :)