root Z1 14.3.A.0.757

Search This thread

alesssek

May 3, 2014
Hi,

can someone give me the manual (or link on manual) how can i root my phone sony xperia Z1 (14.3.A.0.757, 4.4.2). I'm beginner in this brange.

Thanks a lot for every advice.

abdelouahad31

Feb 22, 2014

hi , please help me i'm a newbie ( i was in ios before , and i'm not proud for that :( ) , i have a z1 c6903 ( on 4.2.2 , 14.1.g.2.257 , not rooted) , and i want to go to 4.4.2 ( 14.3.A.0.757 ) and also i want to root it , plaase tell me what should i do first , can i directly follow the topic or update first , please please help me ( and sorry for the bad english ).

palkia171993

Aug 3, 2011
Hồ Chí Minh City
hi , please help me i'm a newbie ( i was in ios before , and i'm not proud for that :( ) , i have a z1 c6903 ( on 4.2.2 , 14.1.g.2.257 , not rooted) , and i want to go to 4.4.2 ( 14.3.A.0.757 ) and also i want to root it , plaase tell me what should i do first , can i directly follow the topic or update first , please please help me ( and sorry for the bad english ).

Follow the topic, you can update first without root if you like, but you still need to get back on 257 to root anyway.

Reactions: abdelouahad31

DeathlessOne

May 2, 2011
US
i didn't get what do you mean, can i just follow the topic or no to go on kitkat ( and be rooted ) ?? , and sorry again for my question , it's my first android device
First revert back to .534 (Hope you know how to downgrade and flash ftf's using flashtool, if you don't please let me know),
Then root it using Kingo,
Install XZDual Recovery,
Then proceed with the link mentioned above.

alankstiyo

Sep 15, 2009
Buried deep inside my mind
First revert back to .534 (Hope you know how to downgrade and flash ftf's using flashtool, if you don't please let me know),
Install XZDual Recovery,
hey man qq
I kinda forgot how to do things here,damn S3 it was easy to root hahaha
I'm on 757 which is the latest fw, if I use this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51781278
couldI save some steps and go straight so flash the zip file or do I have to flash the ftf and then the zip? I just dont get it, that guide is kinda confusing for me

thx

DeathlessOne

May 2, 2011
US
hey man qq
I kinda forgot how to do things here,damn S3 it was easy to root hahaha
I'm on 757 which is the latest fw, if I use this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51781278
couldI save some steps and go straight so flash the zip file or do I have to flash the ftf and then the zip? I just dont get it, that guide is kinda confusing for me

thx
Don't worry and welcome to Xperia :)

You'd have to flash the FTF first. So flash .534 FTF and install XZDualRecovery before proceeding with the thread you've mentioned and do the steps provided there :)

alankstiyo

Sep 15, 2009
Don't worry and welcome to Xperia :)

You'd have to flash the FTF first. So flash .534 FTF and install XZDualRecovery before proceeding with the thread you've mentioned and do the steps provided there :)
thx for the welcome,although it's a welcome back hahaha got a xperia x1, x10 and the z1
do you have any direct link where I can download .534 and latest, all I can find is a torrent and takes 6hrs or so to download

abdelouahad31

Feb 22, 2014
Install XZDual Recovery,

please , just need to know how to revert back to .534 , and links for files in the forum are dead......

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Look in the mega collection thread in the general section

The links are fine and the instructions are there.

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Install XZDual Recovery,

The above step in red and underlined is not needed

Just follow the 3 steps in my signature.

session20

Apr 17, 2012
Hi. Can anyone provide me a mirror link for 14.3.A.0.757 because torrent is not working also cannot download via zbigz as well. I have downloaded stripped file.

Also i would like to know if i root z1 locked bootloader what will i loose. Like warranty, drm keys etc.

Thank you

alankstiyo

Sep 15, 2009
Hi. Can anyone provide me a mirror link for 14.3.A.0.757 because torrent is not working also cannot download via zbigz as well. I have downloaded stripped file.

Also i would like to know if i root z1 locked bootloader what will i loose. Like warranty, drm keys etc.

Thank you
That link aint working not sure if I can extract the ftf from my phone which is unlocked. Talked to doomlord and it seems rooting doesnt make you lose your drm keys but unlocking the bootloader does, you need root to get the TA backup

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
That link aint working not sure if I can extract the ftf from my phone which is unlocked.
No you can not, but there are literally hundreds of FTF files in the mega collection thread that are not torrents for this user to use
Talked to doomlord and it seems rooting doesnt make you lose your drm keys but unlocking the bootloader does, you need root to get the TA backup
All this info is given in the unlocking bootloader thread and the all you need to know thread.....
This information is readily available with a quick search

Reactions: alankstiyo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Follow the topic, you can update first without root if you like, but you still need to get back on 257 to root anyway.
    thx for the welcome,although it's a welcome back hahaha got a xperia x1, x10 and the z1
    do you have any direct link where I can download .534 and latest, all I can find is a torrent and takes 6hrs or so to download
    Over here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2469191
    That link aint working not sure if I can extract the ftf from my phone which is unlocked.
    No you can not, but there are literally hundreds of FTF files in the mega collection thread that are not torrents for this user to use
    Talked to doomlord and it seems rooting doesnt make you lose your drm keys but unlocking the bootloader does, you need root to get the TA backup
    All this info is given in the unlocking bootloader thread and the all you need to know thread.....
    This information is readily available with a quick search