[ROM][9/25/12] MIUI.us Presents MIUI v4.1 2.9.21 Jelly Bean [4.1.1][Stock CM9 Kernel]

Search This thread

DrkGhst87

Jul 17, 2010
Chicago
Another ? Is how can I make stuff just dl instead of overriding the Wi-Fi..... is there a setting I'm not seeing

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Open the "Downloads" app, menu > settings > uncheck "data download prompt" and you should be good

Sent from my Glitched MIUI v4 Fascinate using the XDA Premium app.

jdf19

Apr 13, 2011
Im not sure if anyone else has had the problem but i flashed the rom, gapps, and glitch kernal in recovery. Everything works fine but the gapps won't open. When i try to pull up gmail or play store it starts to open then closes. So i cant log in to my google account and sync my contacts. I have tried wiping data / cache / davlik and re-flashing multiple times and they still wont open. Any thoughts?

blee9999

Feb 20, 2011
Im not sure if anyone else has had the problem but i flashed the rom, gapps, and glitch kernal in recovery. Everything works fine but the gapps won't open. When i try to pull up gmail or play store it starts to open then closes. So i cant log in to my google account and sync my contacts. I have tried wiping data / cache / davlik and re-flashing multiple times and they still wont open. Any thoughts?

I had this problem as well but a previous post helped. Are you letting your phone boot between flashing the rom and flashing gapps? Try flashing those 2 on the same trip to recovery. Obviously wipe big3 before flashing rom but i didn't wipe anything before flashing gapps. Then let it boot and try out gapps. If it worked then go back to recovery and flash glitch kernel.

dave_k605

Oct 17, 2011
If I wanted to run the v6 supercharger script.......should I change the file to .txt?

Just wondering if its needed for miui v4

jdf19

Apr 13, 2011
I had this problem as well but a previous post helped. Are you letting your phone boot between flashing the rom and flashing gapps? Try flashing those 2 on the same trip to recovery. Obviously wipe big3 before flashing rom but i didn't wipe anything before flashing gapps. Then let it boot and try out gapps. If it worked then go back to recovery and flash glitch kernel.

I tried this and still no luck :( any other ideas? i have tried both MIUI_gapps and MIUI_gapps_2_4_27

weblexa

Jun 11, 2011
Spokane, WA
What about?

Wifi Tethering
3G signal bars still broken. Voice signal bars fully functional though.
Torch

Native wifi tether is still broken. Use 3rd party app for wifi tethering. 3G signal bar is still broken and so is torch. Not sure when I'll have time to fix these issues but I'll do what I can to get them fixed some time soon.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

Reactions: hejay

dricacho

Oct 9, 2010
Los Angeles
Is BLN working on this one? I couldn't get it to work on the last one eventhought some have said that it works. I even Odin'd the phone back to stock.

Fun With Drugs

Nov 24, 2010
I'm still running 1.12.09 and I was trying to find a good recent ROM to flash.
Came across this one and it seems to be stable, from what people are saying.
My only concern is with the theming. Will flashing to a V4 ROM change anything? Like, can I still use all my themes and such? People have said before, that MIUI V4 messed with their mtzs and such.

weblexa

Jun 11, 2011
Spokane, WA
I'm still running 1.12.09 and I was trying to find a good recent ROM to flash.
Came across this one and it seems to be stable, from what people are saying.
My only concern is with the theming. Will flashing to a V4 ROM change anything? Like, can I still use all my themes and such? People have said before, that MIUI V4 messed with their mtzs and such.

Gingerbread themes aren't fully compatible with ICS so some aspects of the theme won't stick. I don't mess around with themes too much but I've heard that the status bar and dial pad aren't themeable but I think everything else will theme properly.

Fun With Drugs

Nov 24, 2010
Gingerbread themes aren't fully compatible with ICS so some aspects of the theme won't stick. I don't mess around with themes too much but I've heard that the status bar and dial pad aren't themeable but I think everything else will theme properly.

That sucks.

Also, what does it mean in the first post, under Installation; "If coming from a Gingerbread based ROM, you must flash teamhacksung's build 2 before flashing this ROM."

weblexa

Jun 11, 2011
Spokane, WA
That sucks.

Also, what does it mean in the first post, under Installation; "If coming from a Gingerbread based ROM, you must flash teamhacksung's build 2 before flashing this ROM."

MIUI ICS won't run properly if flashed over a Gingerbread ROM. You need to be on an ICS ROM before flashing. I recommend flashing teamhacksung ICS Build 2 before flashing this ROM.

Fun With Drugs

Nov 24, 2010
Yeah, I tried to flash it over my current GB rom. Got stuck in a boot loop. Had to ODIN back to factory and then reflash back to my old MIUI. Oh well. It's still stable and I can still use all my old themes and such. I'll wait 'til I get a new phone, before I flash a V4 ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

MIUI.us is Proud to Present
    MIUI 2.9.21 Jelly Bean for the Samsung Fascinate

miuiusanim1.gif

With the Exclusive MIUI.us Toolbox

This is a community support ROM only!

The developers do not provide much support for this ROM on these forums.
    Support is mostly provided on forums.miui.us.

New releases are released each Friday.

Jelly Bean Google Apps package is now included with this ROM. No need to flash separately.

A DATA WIPE IS REQUIRED IF UPDATING FROM ANY PREVIOUS MIUI VERSION 2.8.10 OR BELOW!
    Flashing any version of Devil Kernel will cause a boot loop! I will fix this when I have some free time.
    Installation Instructions

It is no longer required to flash CM10 before flashing MIUI v4.1 if coming from a Gingerbread, ICS, or JB based ROM.

• Place ROM zip file in your SD card
    • Boot into recovery
    • Create a Nandroid
    • Factory reset device
    • Wipe Cache & Dalvik
    • Install zip from SD card
    • Reboot and enjoy!

What Doesn't Work
    • Wifi Tethering via the native tethering app. Use a third part tethering app.
    • 3G signal bars still broken. Voice signal bars fully functional though.
    • Torch

Data fix for Non-Verizon devices: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/102417300/datafix_jb.zip. Flash in recovery. Should work on Mesmerize and Showcase variants.

**Consider 3G signal bars and the torch function things that just aren't going to be fixed anytime in the foreseeable future. Getting these to work is going to take some major code rewriting, and unfortunately, I just don't have the time or skills required for that yet. You can use one of the many available third party flashlight apps to get the same functionality as the torch. I will continue to research and try new ideas to get these working, but please don't expect it anytime soon.

Everything else is assumed to be working. If you find something broken that isn't listed above, please let us know so we can look into it. Once the bug is confirmed, it will be added to the list above until it is resolved.

Downloads:​

Please do not mirror or link my downloads, just link back to this thread.
    Current MIUI Release
    Past MIUI Releases

Thanks

• JT1134, sbrissen, teamhacksung, and everyone else who had a hand in making CM10 possible for the Fascinate
    • dfgas for some bug fixes regarding data/calls
    • MIUI for the awesome ROM

I will do my best to keep up with this thread. Please understand that it can be difficult keeping up with multiple threads though. If you're looking for a quick response, please consider posting in the Fascinate section on the MIUI.us Forums.
    2.6.29 is up!
    2.6.22 is up at roms.miui.us! I'll update the OP when I get home tonight.

Full 2.6.22 Changelog: http://www.miui.us/content.php?241
    Ok guys... Test build has been uploaded. You can download from here: LINK REMOVED - DOWNLOAD OFFICIAL BUILD AT ROMS.MIUI.US - md5: 2c148a22f645eb634e9465f0418ef84e

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE FLASHING
    First, I want to apologize for taking so long to get around to working on this. I had a some personal things I had to take care of over the last few weeks. I appreciate everyone's patience.

Ok, now that that's out of the way, I have decided to release this test build to anyone who wants to flash it to provide me feedback since so many of you showed interest in testing.

THIS ROM IS AN ALPHA BUILD OF MIUI v4.1 JELLY BEAN. I HAVE FLASHED THIS ONTO MY DEVICE AND CAN CONFIRM IT BOOTS. I CANNOT, HOWEVER, CONFIRM IF ANYTHING WORKS. THIS INCLUDES CALLS/DATA/SMS/MMS, ETC. YOU SHOULD ONLY FLASH THIS BUILD IF YOU UNDERSTAND THIS.

FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS:
    1. Download MIUI v4.1 from above
    2. Make a Nandroid of your current ROM
    3. Download and Flash CM10 from here: http://enderszone.com/android/jb/cm-10-20120819-UNOFFICIAL-fascinatemtd.zip
    4. Download ROM Manager from the Play Store and back it up to your SD Card (Optional)
    5. Wipe Data & Cache
    6. Flash CM10 and let it fully boot.
    7. Boot to recovery, wipe data & cache and flash MIUI v4.1
    8. Optionally install ROM Manager from SD Card.

A couple things I noticed when I flashed this:

1. Seems to be a little lag at first. Seemed to go away after 10 minutes or so.
    2. Reboot Recovery option hot boots the device. adb doesn't boot to recovery either. Only way I've been able to get into recovery is by using ROM Manager.

Please do not post feedback or report bugs for this build in this thread. I don't want any confusion in the thread. Please shoot me a PM to provide feedback or report bugs instead. I would also appreciate confirmation of what works/what doesn't work by PM as well. When sending me bug reports, please specify which device you have (Fascinate, Mesmerize, or Showcase). Once this build is confirmed working, I will do the Mesmerize and Showcase ports.

Once we confirm that calls, data & SMS/MMS is working, this build will become official and the OP and roms.miui.us will be updated.
    2.6.1 is up! Finally got the force close issues figured out. See OP for download link. Thanks for being so patient while I figured this out!