Dzo's Aurora ICS for u8800 - General Discussion

Search This thread

eskimo_dave

Jul 1, 2012
Hi,
Upgraded to Aurora from Oxygen last weekend, everything seem to work pretty well.
One bug I noticed, when I receive a call I have to swipe left or right, but there's no indicator as to which way is answer and which is reject.
Is this to be expected?

Tcm9669

Apr 2, 2007
TO my understanding yes.. that is not supposed to appear until you press the 'phone' icon... then you will see green or red icons.

Reactions: eskimo_dave

Ponder Stibbons

Nov 1, 2011
Hi all,

I am using Aurora 4.1 and I am unable to install (or move) apps on SD card. What can I do to install apps on SD card?

eskimo_dave

Jul 1, 2012
Its working fine for me in 4.1.1a
What happens when you try? Does the app crash?
Can you still access data on your SD card? It's possible its become corrupt.

Ponder Stibbons

Nov 1, 2011
What error does it say when you press "Move to SD" button?

No error but "Move to SD" button is disabled.

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

Its working fine for me in 4.1.1a
What happens when you try? Does the app crash?
Can you still access data on your SD card? It's possible its become corrupt.

I have tried it in 4.1 and in 4.1.1a. Both clean installs with all wipes. No crash no error but "Move to SD" button is disabled. Data access on SD card is possible and I have access to my data on it.

Ponder Stibbons

Nov 1, 2011
just habit using link2sd, multiselect the big apps and let it do its thing.

Pardon my French but I don't understand your comment. I think it must be able with pure Aurora to install apps on sd card. Am I right?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-07-05-08-55-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-05-08-55-59.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 93

fjsferreira

Nov 16, 2009
Ponta Delgada
Xiaomi Mi 11i
No error but "Move to SD" button is disabled.

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

I have tried it in 4.1 and in 4.1.1a. Both clean installs with all wipes. No crash no error but "Move to SD" button is disabled. Data access on SD card is possible and I have access to my data on it.

http://www.imgur.com/9x4IS.jpg

Some apps disable moving to sdcard, but by default, the ROM supports that. An app that disables it, probably needs to be in internal memory because either it has widgets, needs autostart at boot, etc.

Sent from my U8800

Reactions: Ponder Stibbons

ChrisX5

Apr 15, 2011
Sydney
4.1 appears to be working well

Have just updated from 4.04 to 4.1.1a. Some anxiety because of reports of new problems by others. At this stage, all appears to be working.

Had a series of reboots while travelling in China last week. Was using a China Mobile SIM. No recurrence since returning and using my local SIM.

Thanks again DZO for these impressive developments.

Chris

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2010
Lisboa
Hey everyone,

I just got this phone and flashed it and all to aurora 4.1 update a.

But I'm having a problem, because if I take a picture or record a video, the camera app crashes without saving it. Any ideas of what might be the problem?

Thank you for you time

Dec 26, 2010
Lisboa
Thank you for the support, but fixing permissions makes only possible for the camera to record, because if I try to capture a pic, it will still crash the camera app, needing a reebot to make it "usable" again.

Still, thanks, anyone else has an idea?

Loureiro

Aug 6, 2011
Alentejo
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
Which storage device are you using? Internal memory or SDCard? I've never had any problem with camera app while using SDCard as storage device ( 8GB Class10). And believe me, I've used camera a lot :D

By the way, I'm Swat @ Zwame :) Glad to see you here

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2010
Lisboa
Oh hey there :D

From what I've seen, the device is able to storage video on the sd card, but whenever it tries to store a picture, the app crashes. No idea why, and yep I'm using external storage.

Top Liked Posts