Xperia SP camera (Lens cover) issues

Search This thread

no_username_available

May 14, 2013
Toronto
these methods are for fine scratches but it doesnt hurt to try with larger scratches. I highly doubt that its software related because if anything my camera is better after 4.3

sashank18

Mar 5, 2014
Dint quote anything yet I'm in Goa the service is bad...... U guys sure it's not coz of the update?

Sent from my C5302 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

hi,
I think its because of the update.i verified by going back to 4.1 they r little better than 4.3 :crying::eek
hope the new update may improve the camera..:fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed:

Rasik199

Dec 3, 2013
goa
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I confirmed it's coz of the scratches by putting a droplet water on the lens window there a lot difference....... Gonna try the removal once I get home :confused:

Sent from my C5302 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ashis.kyal

May 31, 2013
Kolkata
indiastechblog.blogspot.in
I also had many scratches on the lens and i couldn't click any pic from the camera so i went to service center of Sony and they changed the back assembly of the phone for free

But the main prob is that what will happen when the phone will be out of warranty then what will i have to pay

Sent from Sony Xperia SP :)

mxvolta

Nov 6, 2013
Tootpaste didnt work 4 me
You suggest i shud try my luck with cd scratch remover?
What does it costs?

you did it wrong... try to apply a bit more muscle and it will work, I had this very problem myself and the toothpaste worked like a charm, I did, however remove the tiny circular plastic around the lenses so I could rub them to the very edge... and I didn't even tried the cleaner before, I went straight to the toothpaste...

Reactions: dipesh1502

dipesh1502

Sep 16, 2013
MUMbai
you did it wrong... try to apply a bit more muscle and it will work, I had this very problem myself and the toothpaste worked like a charm, I did, however remove the tiny circular plastic around the lenses so I could rub them to the very edge... and I didn't even tried the cleaner before, I went straight to the toothpaste...

Worth a shot

dipesh1502

Sep 16, 2013
MUMbai

Oh man applying muscle worked really
Its way better than before now
Thanks

titilev

Oct 1, 2013
MOTRU
DISPLEX diplay polish

I had the same problemb. I solved it with Displex Display Polish

Attachments

• DSC_0294.jpg
    DSC_0294.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 153
  • DSC_0302.jpg
    DSC_0302.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 145

Dj Akis

May 13, 2013
Patra
Had the same problem, they said that camera sensor is broken. Thank god i havent root the phone, and it was on the warranty

LotoTutu

Dec 30, 2013
Hi,

I have observed that the pictures taken in my SP are too hazy and kind of bleached. I used to get great pictured before. But from past couple of months this the kind of pictures I am getting. I dont know what exactly is causing this problem.

I see few scratches on the lens cover for sure. May be it is because of that?

Please help
It seems the Xperia sp camera lens is made of soft glass, which is flimsy.
Just replace a new camera. It is easy and cost a little money.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think it's because of scratches..you can use a toothpaste, a glass cleaning liquid and a cleaning cloth for rubbing it.
    First clean the lens with the glass cleaning liquid and then without wiping it apply a really small amount of toothpaste and rub it for about 15-20 minutes..If it dry repeat the process and keep rubbing it..
    I think it's because of scratches..you can use a toothpaste, a glass cleaning liquid and a cleaning cloth for rubbing it.
    First clean the lens with the glass cleaning liquid and then without wiping it apply a really small amount of toothpaste and rub it for about 15-20 minutes..If it dry repeat the process and keep rubbing it..

toothpaste works i can confirm that (put a small amount on the lens and gently rub it around and use a wet cloth to remove it) you can also try cd cleaners because those remove scratches too
    Tootpaste didnt work 4 me
    You suggest i shud try my luck with cd scratch remover?
    What does it costs?