things you would change about the z1

Search This thread

crixley

May 25, 2012
Just a couple things I would change as overall I'm happy with the phone...

The bezels are huge considering the screen size. I would love a tighter fitting chassis.

I have a 6906 so I would love to be able to unlock the boot loader. The entire root process was very complex compared to every phone I've owned. It is needlessly difficult for a new user.

Viewing angles could be better.

Aside from that I'm very happy with this phone.

What would you change?

Geoffxx

Apr 2, 2013
any way to change the colour of the Font in notification bar, that white on grey looks pretty bad (no root)

I thought there was a theme editor being released, I noticed on the Z2 that the font is blue

BLiapis

Dec 20, 2009
Hmmm.. I would change a few things about the phone. But would i add? IR. Definitely.

koppee1

Jul 1, 2007
Software update to z2 features. Z1 would get most of it..but of course...why would Sony do that? It intentional updates the flagship phone every 6 months...less reason for then to update their old ones

Reactions: eclyptos

Gitaroo

Nov 21, 2012
Software update to z2 features. Z1 would get most of it..but of course...why would Sony do that? It intentional updates the flagship phone every 6 months...less reason for then to update their old ones

actually they tense to do that with lot of the exclusive software side features after the new device is 6 months old. By the time the older devices get them, they also get the newer version. Like background defocus, the whole social camera thing all were released to older device that didn't ship with them.

saintgein

Jan 27, 2013
I would give it some optimization love. The hardware is great, but it's performance is very bad. Ecspecially the ui makes it look like a low end device because of all the lags and stutters. Sad story. :'(

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth

saintgein

Jan 27, 2013
Weird mine definitely doesn't do that
What is your setup then? And tbh, this makes me feel really bad because of me having this device for just a month or something. And even with a clean install of stock firmware it gives problems with that. Meanwhile the benchmarks etc are really good. 34k in antutu is no problem. That's also why i don't understand what's going on.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Oh and it's mainly album, conversations and phonebook/call log which give way too much jank/stutter/lag in my opinion. Apps like chrome and gmail scroll pretty good, just like the ui combined with nova launcher. Almost no lag to be found there.

Jiyeon90

Nov 8, 2012
If I had the the Z2's screen, speakers and 32gb storage I would have the perfect phone

Sent from my Xperia Z1

Reactions: crixley

crixley

May 25, 2012
What is your setup then? And tbh, this makes me feel really bad because of me having this device for just a month or something. And even with a clean install of stock firmware it gives problems with that. Meanwhile the benchmarks etc are really good. 34k in antutu is no problem. That's also why i don't understand what's going on.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Oh and it's mainly album, conversations and phonebook/call log which give way too much jank/stutter/lag in my opinion. Apps like chrome and gmail scroll pretty good, just like the ui combined with nova launcher. Almost no lag to be found there.

Just running nuts stock rooted and deodexed kk.

I don't find it ever lags

Reactions: saintgein

saintgein

Jan 27, 2013

I'm getting there also, i noticed that an app i used caused quite alot of lag. Noroot firewall. I changed it with Afwall+ and the lag is almost completely gone. I just experience some scroll lag when going through messaging or album, but i guess that's normal and will get less if i eventually get the bootloader unlocked and stuff like doomkernel installed. Until then i'm happy with the snappyness!

Btw, rajeev's black apps combined with aneurysm theme and 120fps timeshift also really help to make me love this phone more. :)

migidid

Mar 30, 2010
Espoo
I would give it some optimization love. The hardware is great, but it's performance is very bad. Ecspecially the ui makes it look like a low end device because of all the lags and stutters. Sad story. :'(

If this lags then what won't ? on me it runs 100x times smoother than any other phone... M8 is close but not that smooth... apple is somewhere but not as near and finally samsung plastic toys arent even top 100 list...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Speakers, definitely.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
    If I had the the Z2's screen, speakers and 32gb storage I would have the perfect phone

Sent from my Xperia Z1