FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10 (Updated: Mar 16th)

510 posts
Thanks Meter: 873

Post Reply Email Thread
13th August 2012, 05:53 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Bootaninmation
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuoyang

If anyone wants the Galaxy Nexus jellybean boot animation, here is it.
Resized to 320x480, Credit by me.
EDIT:This is not flashable zip,please copy bootanimation.zip to /system/media/ and set permission to 644

How do you set "permission" to 644?
13th August 2012, 06:52 PM |#32  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Aachen
Thanks Meter: 1,274

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yar2

How do you set "permission" to 644?

You can do this with a file manager like the root browser.

Sent from my Liberty using xda premium

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

WinSuk, your S2E is working great! Thank you for this, at last I can use JB as a daily driver.

14th August 2012, 12:24 AM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Set permission
[QUOTE=dansou901;30171016]You can do this with a file manager like the root browser.

Sent from my Liberty using xda premium[COLOR="Silver"]

Sorry I'm so dense, but where should I set permission to 644? File properties of the bootanimation.zip file?
14th August 2012, 02:22 AM |#34  
Flag SoCal *818*
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Sweet. cant believe all the love and effort for this little phone. On travel and will test drive this fine work this weekend. Thanks!
14th August 2012, 02:34 AM |#35  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
[QUOTE=yar2;30183851]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansou901

You can do this with a file manager like the root browser.

Sent from my Liberty using xda premium[COLOR="Silver"]

Sorry I'm so dense, but where should I set permission to 644? File properties of the bootanimation.zip file?

It has to be a file manager that supports doing so..
Or open Terminal Emulator and type:
Code:
su
mount -o rw,remount /system /system
chmod 0644 /system/media/bootanimation.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to WinSuk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WinSuk Ad-Free
14th August 2012, 04:07 AM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I have one problem with this ROM. Not really a bug, it's just that I run out ram, and even though I kill all the apps, it's still very low. It goes back to the way it was after a while though. it fluctuates between normal amount of ram, to really low ram. I'm still trying to find out what exactly is using up the ram.

I don't know if this is how it was in ics, since I never really used it as my daily driver.

14th August 2012, 05:47 AM |#37  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aster190

I have one problem with this ROM. Not really a bug, it's just that I run out ram, and even though I kill all the apps, it's still very low. It goes back to the way it was after a while though. it fluctuates between normal amount of ram, to really low ram. I'm still trying to find out what exactly is using up the ram.

I don't know if this is how it was in ics, since I never really used it as my daily driver.

It's supposed to be full. Android keeps apps open for awhile so they start faster if you open them again, and if it needs more memory it will close some that aren't being used.
So unless stuff isn't opening or it's crashing to the boot animation, that's completely normal
The Following User Says Thank You to WinSuk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WinSuk Ad-Free
14th August 2012, 05:49 AM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
just use S2E for memory , moving dalvik and apps folder works fine

new bug , shazam doesn't work. guessing related to voice program bugs
15th August 2012, 12:13 AM |#39  
Flag FloriDuh
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuoyang

If anyone wants the Galaxy Nexus jellybean boot animation, here is it.
Resized to 320x480, Credit by me.
EDIT:This is not flashable zip,please copy bootanimation.zip to /system/media/ and set permission to 644

Works great, thanks.
Note: The native bootanimation.zip is located in /system/media and this file will be over written with subsequent ROM update flashes. If you put your custom bootanimation.zip file in /data/local instead, it will supersede the native bootanimation at boot-up and remain after flashing ROM updates.
The Following User Says Thank You to cHarley04 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cHarley04 Ad-Free
15th August 2012, 12:10 PM |#40  
Flag FloriDuh
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Heads up on Gallery & Camera
If your looking for the Camera app, it's now built into Gallery in CM10.
I've never been a Galley fan and prefer Quick Pic instead, so I've routinely have pulled the Gallery app from my builds to save space. If you delete Gallery in CM10 you loose the Camera.

Bluetooth and GPS are working fine for me. The camera is the only thing keeping this from becoming my daily driver, the voice search problems aren't a big deal for me.

Currently running with a 230MB system and 20MB cache partition, with only Dalvik on the ext partition, using S2E 1.0. It's smooth and quicker than expected.
15th August 2012, 04:10 PM |#41  
Southern Maine / Seacoast NH
Thanks Meter: 1,143

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cHarley04

If your looking for the Camera app, it's now built into Gallery in CM10.
I've never been a Galley fan and prefer Quick Pic instead, so I've routinely have pulled the Gallery app from my builds to save space. If you delete Gallery in CM10 you loose the Camera.

Bluetooth and GPS are working fine for me. The camera is the only thing keeping this from becoming my daily driver, the voice search problems aren't a big deal for me.

Currently running with a 230MB system and 20MB cache partition, with only Dalvik on the ext partition, using S2E 1.0. It's smooth and quicker than expected.

Out of curiosity, have you tried any alternate camera apps (from the playstore or elsewhere) with gallery removed? Just wondering if the camera functionality itself is built into the gallery app, or if it's just lack of a way to launch the camera with gallery removed that is the problem...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm10, cyanogenmod, cyanogenmod 10, jellybean, unofficial

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)