EXPERIMENT WITH DIFFERENT KERNELS FOR FULL FUNCTIONALITY
- S5 ROM by Obi xD
- compatible Kernel
- SamsungCamera3.apk Located HERE
- Root File Manager
- Basic Skills
Installation Steps: Follow Carefully!
- Install a S5 Rom by Obi xD (latest version)
- Install a compatible Kernel.
- Open the old Camera App found in the rom
- Open Main camera settings and set resolution to 6MP
- Turn off flash
- Close Camera App
- Open file explorer and enter /system/app
- Locate SamsungCamera2.apk AND rename it to SamsungCamera.apk.bak
- Copy SamsungCamera3.apk to /system/app AND Set permissions
- Reboot device
- Launch new Camera, SUCCESS!
WARNING: You can only choose back camera resolution of 6, 8 or 2 MP or the camera will crash and you have to redo the steps above.
THIS APP IS LIMITED IN FUNCTIONALITY, IT CAN ONLY RECORD FRONT FACING CAMERA VIDEO AT THE MOMENT, AND CAN TAKE FRONT/BACK PICTURES NO VIDEO RECORDING IS POSSIBLE. FLASH IS BROKEN.
DO NOT USE THE "VIRTUAL TOUR" MODE
Now someone needs to figure out how to make it record video and use the 13MP resolution.
REALTIME HDR WORKS.
Obi xD for ROM and all credits mentioned on that thread.