7th May 2012, 11:41 AM |#471  
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Somewhere in a Deep Cave on the Troll Kings Throne
Thanks Meter: 6,968

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozomil

Where to download kernel source for Alexandra III. I want to watch DVB-T on the Tablet...

You will have to get it from RichardTrip's kernel thread in the Dev Forum. Look about 3 pages and you should see his kernel thread. He is the Developer for the current kernel, and he should have all the links you need.

MD
The Following User Says Thank You to Moscow Desire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Moscow Desire Ad-Free

7th May 2012, 12:15 PM |#472  
Flag Sesvete
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscow Desire

You will have to get it from RichardTrip's kernel thread in the Dev Forum. Look about 3 pages and you should see his kernel thread. He is the Developer for the current kernel, and he should have all the links you need.

MD

Thx
9th May 2012, 02:47 PM |#473  
Flag Sesvete

More
Quote:

MD

Does this mean that Villain iconia kernel 3.7 will work with Alexandra III Rev 1.1. ROM
9th May 2012, 05:25 PM |#474  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Does this mean that Villain iconia kernel 3.7 will work with Alexandra III Rev 1.1. ROM

No. You will get display freeze and SOD.

The issue, is that you have a 501, so understand this;

Most Devs and Modders, only have the a500. So they do their work only for a500's. Hence, they don't have to deal with internal 3g.

In their quest to get the longest battery life with OC (OC/UV) they usually undervolt way too much. Runs fine on a 500, but the result is display freeze and SOD on the 501. Just not enough voltage to the system board to maintain stable 3g.

You can install the 3.7+. The tab will run. For a while. But, will bet a years worth of paychecks it will freeze under 3g. Been there, done that. The 3.5 and 3.6 just aren't much better. This includes Tegra Owners as well. Same thing (although I heard he upped the voltage a little, but I never tried it). It may be 1 hr, it may be a few hrs, but, it will freeze eventually. Don't be surprised if you lose some widgets after the reboot.

You can try running SystemTuner or another CPU app, and try playing with voltages. Might work. Might not. In the end, you'll have another app running eating battery power. Sort of defeats the purpose.
9th May 2012, 05:53 PM |#475  
Flag Georgia
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
Hey Moscow, I was wondering when there is finally an official release of ICS will you make a ROM similar to this one. where I don't have to change bootloader etc. also From what I understand most of the Leaked ICS are buggy, not saying your ROM is buggy but i would like to wait until there is something official.

Sent from my Galaxy SII
9th May 2012, 06:35 PM |#476  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluephi1914

Hey Moscow, I was wondering when there is finally an official release of ICS will you make a ROM similar to this one. where I don't have to change bootloader etc. also From what I understand most of the Leaked ICS are buggy, not saying your ROM is buggy but i would like to wait until there is something official.

BUGGY?????????????????????? nawww.........

Actually, mine is running pretty good (if you ignore the 3g issue on occassion).

Tell you what. Civato posted a 501 kernel which should allow you to boot on an HC bootloader. 1 person tried it a few days ago, but, I think he just flashed over the top or something. Said it had performance issues.

I will put it in my rom, but..... you will have to test it. And.... I am not going to support it (very much). You will get the typical weird boot screen like the 500 HC users.

Will PM you the link when I post it. (if I can still find the kernel)

Sent from my Galaxy SII

10th May 2012, 10:04 AM |#477  
Flag Sesvete

More
Quote:

No. You will get display freeze and SOD.

The issue, is that you have a 501, so understand this;

Most Devs and Modders, only have the a500. So they do their work only for a500's. Hence, they don't have to deal with internal 3g.

In their quest to get the longest battery life with OC (OC/UV) they usually undervolt way too much. Runs fine on a 500, but the result is display freeze and SOD on the 501. Just not enough voltage to the system board to maintain stable 3g.

You can install the 3.7+. The tab will run. For a while. But, will bet a years worth of paychecks it will freeze under 3g. Been there, done that. The 3.5 and 3.6 just aren't much better. This includes Tegra Owners as well. Same thing (although I heard he upped the voltage a little, but I never tried it). It may be 1 hr, it may be a few hrs, but, it will freeze eventually. Don't be surprised if you lose some widgets after the reboot.

You can try running SystemTuner or another CPU app, and try playing with voltages. Might work. Might not. In the end, you'll have another app running eating battery power. Sort of defeats the purpose.

richardtrip sad "since v3.3 this kernel has been "Complete rebase to official acer A501 3.2 kernel (a501 should work now)"

Anyway, my interest is DVB-T not the frequency and the battery. With Alexander 's kernel my dvb-t usb Afatech AF9015 DVB-T (/etc/firmware/dvb-usb-af9015.fw) recognized as a keyboard on usb port 1.1.
10th May 2012, 10:19 AM |#478  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

1 person tried it a few days ago, but, I think he just flashed over the top or something. Said it had performance issues.

No, I did full wipe with dalvik. With ICS BL have waaay better performance!
With HC DL I had lots of freezes.
Maybe other kernels have less problems.
10th May 2012, 01:31 PM |#479  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

richardtrip sad "since v3.3 this kernel has been "Complete rebase to official acer A501 3.2 kernel (a501 should work now)"

Anyway, my interest is DVB-T not the frequency and the battery. With Alexander 's kernel my dvb-t usb Afatech AF9015 DVB-T (/etc/firmware/dvb-usb-af9015.fw) recognized as a keyboard on usb port 1.1.

Richard should buy a 501 Note he said "a501 should work now" Yes it works. Run it on 3g for awhile like I said, and it freezes.

Can't help you with your stick. Not my area of expertise. You should be able to flash the kernel and see if it recognizes it like it should though.
10th May 2012, 01:38 PM |#480  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevilish

No, I did full wipe with dalvik. With ICS BL have waaay better performance!
With HC DL I had lots of freezes.
Maybe other kernels have less problems.

Good you wiped. I put together a build with it. One person (500) says it ran just fine. (doesn't have the 3g though). I'm not too sure about flashing kernels with ICS. I didn't have any luck with flashing a kernel on the ICS bootloader so I put it into a build.

But with the HC kernel, it's probably some stuff missing what the 3g needs.

Anybody interested in trying an HC bootloader ICS build, let me know and I'll pm a link. Might work. Might not
10th May 2012, 02:08 PM |#481  
Flag Sesvete

More
Quote:

Richard should buy a 501 Note he said "a501 should work now" Yes it works. Run it on 3g for awhile like I said, and it freezes.

Can't help you with your stick. Not my area of expertise. You should be able to flash the kernel and see if it recognizes it like it should though.

you sad http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=471 where is kernel source?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)