By Moscow Desire, Retired Senior Moderator on 27th January 2012, 07:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th May 2012, 02:08 PM |#481  
Flag Sesvete
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscow Desire

Richard should buy a 501 Note he said "a501 should work now" Yes it works. Run it on 3g for awhile like I said, and it freezes.

Can't help you with your stick. Not my area of expertise. You should be able to flash the kernel and see if it recognizes it like it should though.

you sad http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=471 where is kernel source?

10th May 2012, 02:59 PM |#482  
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Somewhere in a Deep Cave on the Troll Kings Throne
Thanks Meter: 6,968

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozomil

you sad http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=471 where is kernel source?

On the right side, above the main Dev section, you will see a "SEARCH THIS FORUM".

Type "kernel"

You will get this;

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ghlight=kernel

If you look, in several places he has a link to his git. Any specific questions about his kernels, and info you are looking for, should best be directed to him. He's pretty good about helping.
The Following User Says Thank You to Moscow Desire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Moscow Desire Ad-Free
12th May 2012, 02:32 PM |#483  
Flag Sterling Heights
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
thanks for the great rom.
12th May 2012, 02:48 PM |#484  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rredlin

thanks for the great rom.

No Problem Dude! Alex III is a great 'ol girl She's not quite ready for retirement yet!
12th May 2012, 10:20 PM |#485  
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 872

More
Honeycomb is good but the ice cream sandwich is sweeter....
31st May 2012, 12:46 PM |#486  
Flag Georgia
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
Is there anything in this ROM that would make the tablet cut itself off? I am constantly having to turn my tablet back on after I leave it idle for a while... and when I cut it back on the battery isn't dead so its not that. I looked for power settings or some kinda app that might be acting as a power saver and cutting off my tablet, but I can't find any.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk
31st May 2012, 01:07 PM |#487  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluephi1914

Is there anything in this ROM that would make the tablet cut itself off? I am constantly having to turn my tablet back on after I leave it idle for a while... and when I cut it back on the battery isn't dead so its not that. I looked for power settings or some kinda app that might be acting as a power saver and cutting off my tablet, but I can't find any.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Nothing has ever been said about it, and I never had this issue before.

2 Questions,

1. have you in the past been messing around with any of the ICS Roms?

2. Have you in the past ran any other HC Roms, specifically Taboonay or Thor Rom?

3. Have you been installing different kernels or playing with voltages?

Because what you describe, is what we call SOD (sleep of death), and no HC based Rom has ever had that issue (except for ones running a certain kernels).

Here's the deal with HC SOD. This can happen on a 501 IF you have been running a kernel that's different than the one I include with the Rom, which is version 3.4+.

If you ran a different rom or kernel before, it is likely that certain kernel files did not get cleaned out properly before install Alex III.

OC kernels on a 501 are well known for SOD and 3g display freeze.These are kernels by TegraOwners, and Rtripps ver 3.5, 3.6, 3.7. Mostly because the undervoltage is too low to maintain the 501 system.

The ver 3.4+ does not have this issue. Not at the default voltages. If you have adjusted them, then it is possible. Also, if the system didn't get cleaned properly from some other kernel, then it is possible like I said, that certain old kernel files didn't get cleaned.
31st May 2012, 03:35 PM |#488  
Flag Georgia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Nothing has ever been said about it, and I never had this issue before.

2 Questions,

1. have you in the past been messing around with any of the ICS Roms?

2. Have you in the past ran any other HC Roms, specifically Taboonay or Thor Rom?

3. Have you been installing different kernels or playing with voltages?

Because what you describe, is what we call SOD (sleep of death), and no HC based Rom has ever had that issue (except for ones running a certain kernels).

Here's the deal with HC SOD. This can happen on a 501 IF you have been running a kernel that's different than the one I include with the Rom, which is version 3.4+.

If you ran a different rom or kernel before, it is likely that certain kernel files did not get cleaned out properly before install Alex III.

OC kernels on a 501 are well known for SOD and 3g display freeze.These are kernels by TegraOwners, and Rtripps ver 3.5, 3.6, 3.7. Mostly because the undervoltage is too low to maintain the 501 system.

The ver 3.4+ does not have this issue. Not at the default voltages. If you have adjusted them, then it is possible. Also, if the system didn't get cleaned properly from some other kernel, then it is possible like I said, that certain old kernel files didn't get cleaned.

I have run three ROMs

1. {ROM 3.2.1}{The Collective}Epiphany - 1.11.12
2. Moscows Alexandra III Rev. 1.1
3. Alex_IV_3d_HC_Kernel
4. Now back to Moscow Alex III

I played with the voltage a a little... never installed different Kernals that i know of unless it was included in the ROM. from what your saying I'm guessing i should factory reset, clear all caches, etc. and reinstall ?

The SOD is more agravating than anythig else... I never noticed it until after i switched from from Moscow III to Alex IV then back to Moscow III.
31st May 2012, 05:22 PM |#489  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I have run three ROMs

1. {ROM 3.2.1}{The Collective}Epiphany - 1.11.12
2. Moscows Alexandra III Rev. 1.1
3. Alex_IV_3d_HC_Kernel
4. Now back to Moscow Alex III

I played with the voltage a a little... never installed different Kernals that i know of unless it was included in the ROM. from what your saying I'm guessing i should factory reset, clear all caches, etc. and reinstall ?

The SOD is more agravating than anythig else... I never noticed it until after i switched from from Moscow III to Alex IV then back to Moscow III.

Aha!

There-in lies the issue.

To run Alex IV, correctly, you have to be on an ICS Bootloader. I'm not sure if you changed bootloaders or not. You can get AcerRecovery from the market, and see what version bootloader you are on. Just run it, and it will say.

If it says 3.0.1 or 3.0.12 I believe it is HC bootloader.

Anything else, it's probably ICS bootloader. It won't work with an HC based rom.

This will cause issues. So I need to know which version bootloader you currently have.

If you have an HC bootloader, then then I would suggest a very good wipe and format. This will get rid of anything.Then the rom will be reset back to the defaults voltages.

Note that HC and ICS kernels are 2 completely different kernels. Anything left over from the previous, will effect things.

Pro Tip. When messing with voltages, NEVER select the "apply at boot" for your change, until you make sure it is stable. This includes sleep mode. And only +/- in .25 mv steps.

If you need more help, let me know.

MD
The Following User Says Thank You to Moscow Desire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Moscow Desire Ad-Free
1st June 2012, 04:13 AM |#490  
Flag Georgia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Aha!

There-in lies the issue.

To run Alex IV, correctly, you have to be on an ICS Bootloader. I'm not sure if you changed bootloaders or not. You can get AcerRecovery from the market, and see what version bootloader you are on. Just run it, and it will say.

If it says 3.0.1 or 3.0.12 I believe it is HC bootloader.

Anything else, it's probably ICS bootloader. It won't work with an HC based rom.

This will cause issues. So I need to know which version bootloader you currently have.

If you have an HC bootloader, then then I would suggest a very good wipe and format. This will get rid of anything.Then the rom will be reset back to the defaults voltages.

Note that HC and ICS kernels are 2 completely different kernels. Anything left over from the previous, will effect things.

Pro Tip. When messing with voltages, NEVER select the "apply at boot" for your change, until you make sure it is stable. This includes sleep mode. And only +/- in .25 mv steps.

If you need more help, let me know.

MD

I have 3.0.1

Sent from my Galaxy SII
1st June 2012, 06:47 AM |#491  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I have 3.0.1

Sent from my Galaxy SII

OK. You have an hc boot loader so you're good to go with Alex III. This time, leave them voltages alone

The 501 is extremely sensitive to voltage. This is why we can't run really extreme Oc/uv kernels.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)