Flag Somewhere in a Deep Cave on the Troll Kings Throne
Thanks Meter: 6,968

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluephi1914

I have 3.0.1

Sent from my Galaxy SII

OK. You have an hc boot loader so you're good to go with Alex III. This time, leave them voltages alone

The 501 is extremely sensitive to voltage. This is why we can't run really extreme Oc/uv kernels.

1st June 2012, 07:11 AM |#492  
Flag Georgia
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscow Desire

OK. You have an hc boot loader so you're good to go with Alex III. This time, leave them voltages alone

The 501 is extremely sensitive to voltage. This is why we can't run really extreme Oc/uv kernels.

Ok, I'll wipe everything (twice) and re install the ROM. I have an A500, but I'm assuming that the A500 is also sensitive to voltages like the A501

I also had " apply at boot" checked, I will not bother this setting again either... Nor will I bother the voltages, I had the Max set to 1500, I thought that's what you said was safe in a previous post of yours. I'll check sleep mode to make sure its disabled.

Thanks for the help

Sent from my Galaxy SII
1st June 2012, 03:30 PM |#493  
OP Retired Senior Moderator

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluephi1914

Ok, I'll wipe everything (twice) and re install the ROM. I have an A500, but I'm assuming that the A500 is also sensitive to voltages like the A501

I also had " apply at boot" checked, I will not bother this setting again either... Nor will I bother the voltages, I had the Max set to 1500, I thought that's what you said was safe in a previous post of yours. I'll check sleep mode to make sure its disabled.

Thanks for the help

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Well, generally 1500 is safe for most 501's and 500's. Generally. However, a few tabs might not like it. Not all processors are created equal. Usually, they do random re-boots when they don't.

The stock settings should be ok to "apply at boot". At least that's what I always did. Most of the time you shouldn't need to be that high. I usually ran 1200 most of the time, and higher for games or films.
6th June 2012, 09:13 PM |#494  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I got a bootloop since I flashed that other ROM you know about. Even with Alexandra. Tried to flash that last one twice, same result. Any URGENT help would be appreciated as I can't recharge my battery with CWM. Thank you.
6th June 2012, 09:28 PM |#495  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor.X

I got a bootloop since I flashed that other ROM you know about. Even with Alexandra. Tried to flash that last one twice, same result. Any URGENT help would be appreciated as I can't recharge my battery with CWM. Thank you.

Dude, do your wipes. And your formats in CWM if you use it.

With Alex III it's common to have to install it a second or third time (wipes only, you need only do the formats the first time). She will go. Make sure you wipe flexrom also.

Also, your tab should charge with power off no problem. EC is a different system.
The Following User Says Thank You to Moscow Desire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Moscow Desire Ad-Free
6th June 2012, 10:04 PM |#496  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Thank you for saving my life once more, Mr Desire! ^^
I your full/giga wipes and formats (including flexrom) before trying to install Alex, but I didn't think wiping just after that and reinstalling would be enough. And... it did!
Way to go, man!
6th June 2012, 11:16 PM |#497  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor.X

Thank you for saving my life once more, Mr Desire! ^^
I your full/giga wipes and formats (including flexrom) before trying to install Alex, but I didn't think wiping just after that and reinstalling would be enough. And... it did!
Way to go, man!

Happy you are running good!

MD
23rd June 2012, 04:57 AM |#498  
Flag Winnipeg, Manitoba
Thanks Meter: 342

More
Hey Moscow, any updates for ICS? My Nephew is finally going to flash your ICS, can you give me the easiest way to do it from your GB rom? Thanks in advance.
23rd June 2012, 01:43 PM |#499  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by caanda45

Hey Moscow, any updates for ICS? My Nephew is finally going to flash your ICS, can you give me the easiest way to do it from your GB rom? Thanks in advance.

Not a lot of news. Hoping to hear some real soon (hoping). Tell your nephew to relax a little for a week or so. Let's see what happens.

I'll PM you later!

MD
The Following User Says Thank You to Moscow Desire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Moscow Desire Ad-Free
24th June 2012, 02:12 AM |#500  
Flag Winnipeg, Manitoba
Thanks Meter: 342

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscow Desire

Not a lot of news. Hoping to hear some real soon (hoping). Tell your nephew to relax a little for a week or so. Let's see what happens.

I'll PM you later!

MD

Done will wait to take the ICS jump. The 3g is really not an issue for him. I might pick up the A700, just released in North America but only from Acer, want to get it from a retailer that I can return it to if I do not like it. LOL maybe I will wait till the fall and have 20 other choices!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)