[CDMA/LTE][WIP][4.1.2] CDMA builds of Skrilax_CZ's CM10

Search This thread

wintrxtrem

Jan 3, 2006
I installed the 4/15 build and my GPS is still borked.:(

Netflix starts to open and just disappears after about 2 seconds. Anyone have it working?

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

KyleJDavison

Sep 19, 2010
I installed the 4/15 build and my GPS is still borked.:(

Netflix starts to open and just disappears after about 2 seconds. Anyone have it working?

it totally fails to lock?
I have the netflix bug on my build too. will check into it.

I haven't had any success with GPS. Searches for GPS, but never locks.

Netflix never got past the boot screen for me.

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Just installed this. Had to do a bit of fudging to get CDMA to work properly, but that's noted in the first post.

I do have an issue that I think someone else noted earlier - the phone froze and rebooted, and proceeded to hang at the 'unlocked bootloader' screen. I had to hold power+vol down to turn off the phone so I could turn it back on...

I did get it booted back in. I was in the Play Store, connected to wifi - I hadn't done much, just finished downloading the first app...

Hm, and while I am typing this it seems the phone rebooted again. I'll try and pull some logs, and reinstall again without installing any apps, see if the issue persists.

Skrilax_CZ

Dec 20, 2009
As for GPS, let's leave it be for a bit. First we need to put up proprietaries to JB release, then I've noted a few patches in framework at code aurora forums that we might need for better functioning for GPS / Wifi.

solitarywarrior1

Jan 3, 2012
Dearborn
www.justintime.tech
As for GPS, let's leave it be for a bit. First we need to put up proprietaries to JB release, then I've noted a few patches in framework at code aurora forums that we might need for better functioning for GPS / Wifi.

I'll keep my fork updated from yours. Or is there something else I should be doing?

I'm still figuring out how to use github and repo. I think I might need to reinstall repo and start fresh, because whenever I repo sync it discards my commits! (I must have it configured wrong....)

Btw, if you could PM me that'd be great. I was kinda wondering what changes you had made to make the build GSM oriented.

Sent from my Photon Q

solitarywarrior1

Jan 3, 2012
Dearborn
www.justintime.tech
Just installed this. Had to do a bit of fudging to get CDMA to work properly, but that's noted in the first post.

I do have an issue that I think someone else noted earlier - the phone froze and rebooted, and proceeded to hang at the 'unlocked bootloader' screen. I had to hold power+vol down to turn off the phone so I could turn it back on...

I did get it booted back in. I was in the Play Store, connected to wifi - I hadn't done much, just finished downloading the first app...

Hm, and while I am typing this it seems the phone rebooted again. I'll try and pull some logs, and reinstall again without installing any apps, see if the issue persists.

What build and recovery are you using? I haven't personally encountered this bug, so I'll need all the info I can get.

(As an aside. You were/are helping skrilax with the CDMA side of things, correct? If you wanted to take a look at my github i'd be happy to try out any changes you suggest.)

Sent from my Photon Q

Skrilax_CZ

Dec 20, 2009
I'll keep my fork updated from yours. Or is there something else I should be doing?

I'm still figuring out how to use github and repo. I think I might need to reinstall repo and start fresh, because whenever I repo sync it discards my commits! (I must have it configured wrong....)

Btw, if you could PM me that'd be great. I was kinda wondering what changes you had made to make the build GSM oriented.

Sent from my Photon Q

Ah, well it's a bit awkward here. I'd "repo start #branch --all" to create local branch, and then export the patches from there to a forked repo on github. Or create your own manifest, might be easier (see android repo commits).

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Thanks for the report. I did a fresh build last night with a couple more tweaks. I'll upload it in a bit

Sent from my Photon Q

What build and recovery are you using? I haven't personally encountered this bug, so I'll need all the info I can get.

(As an aside. You were/are helping skrilax with the CDMA side of things, correct? If you wanted to take a look at my github i'd be happy to try out any changes you suggest.)

Sent from my Photon Q

Downloaded the update, flashed and booting now. Previously I was on your latest, 4/15. I'm now on the 4/17 build.

I am currently on TWRP 2.4.3.0.

I always do this for my process, please someone correct me if I am wrong (this is my first Android device...) - first, flash cm-10.zip. I use adb sideload. Then flash gapps.zip, again adb sideload. I then do a factory reset/wipe, which as I understand it wipes everything in /data but /data/media - so cache, dalvik, all userdata is gone (other than what's in "/sdcard" or in the internal SD, /data/media).

Then I boot... let it go thru the wizards, it asks me about gmail, I set that up. Connect to wifi as there's no data connectivity from the cell radio yet... let it sync a bit then fudge with the CDMA stuff to get data working.

Last night this was my process and I started installing apps when I ran into issues. I just flashed the newest build, this time I will get synced & CDMA data working but I will not install a single app... we shall see what happens.

Thanks for the response, I will keep you posted. Keep up the good work - I'm glad you're now building from source, it's much easier to see what changes you have made ;).

Edit - update

So far so good... I haven't installed any apps, but I did update a few pre-installed ones like GMail, Google Search, etc.

I've connected to wifi, connected 3g CDMA data, and not really done much other than sync'd with Google and updated those apps... I will try to install the same app again and see what happens. Perhaps last night was just a bad flash!

Edit 2 - update....

Unfortunately it just froze up and rebooted. Again, unfortunately it froze on the reboot at the unlocked bootloader screen... so I pulled the last_kmsg (it's attached), but I am pretty sure that last_kmsg log will be from the half-boot where it froze at the unlocked bootloader screen, not the initial lockup that caused the reboot!

Bleh. If anyone has any ideas on how the heck I can triage this... I'm all ears. I'm not even sure what caused it, as I wasn't using that much hardware. Just wifi, cell radio, and some apps. I did test GPS, it worked great - locked in under a second I'd say. Never turned on BT, and I haven't even applied any apps that really tweak with core things like LightFlow...

Oh well. Hopefully something is discovered in this last_kmsg!

Attachments

• last_kmsg.txt
    40.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Reactions: solitarywarrior1

KyleJDavison

Sep 19, 2010
Downloaded the update, flashed and booting now. Previously I was on your latest, 4/15. I'm now on the 4/17 build.

I always do this for my process, please someone correct me if I am wrong (this is my first Android device...) - first, flash cm-10.zip. I use adb sideload. Then flash gapps.zip, again adb sideload. I then do a factory reset/wipe, which as I understand it wipes everything in /data but /data/media - so cache, dalvik, all userdata is gone (other than what's in "/sdcard" or in the internal SD, /data/media).

Then I boot... let it go thru the wizards, it asks me about gmail, I set that up. Connect to wifi as there's no data connectivity from the cell radio yet... let it sync a bit then fudge with the CDMA stuff to get data working.

Last night this was my process and I started installing apps when I ran into issues. I just flashed the newest build, this time I will get synced & CDMA data working but I will not install a single app... we shall see what happens.

Thanks for the response, I will keep you posted. Keep up the good work - I'm glad you're now building from source, it's much easier to see what changes you have made ;).

Edit - update

So far so good... I haven't installed any apps, but I did update a few pre-installed ones like GMail, Google Search, etc.

I've connected to wifi, connected 3g CDMA data, and not really done much other than sync'd with Google and updated those apps... I will try to install the same app again and see what happens. Perhaps last night was just a bad flash!

Edit 2 - update....

Unfortunately it just froze up and rebooted. Again, unfortunately it froze on the reboot at the unlocked bootloader screen... so I pulled the last_kmsg (it's attached), but I am pretty sure that last_kmsg log will be from the half-boot where it froze at the unlocked bootloader screen, not the initial lockup that caused the reboot!

Bleh. If anyone has any ideas on how the heck I can triage this... I'm all ears. I'm not even sure what caused it, as I wasn't using that much hardware. Just wifi, cell radio, and some apps. I did test GPS, it worked great - locked in under a second I'd say. Never turned on BT, and I haven't even applied any apps that really tweak with core things like LightFlow...

For all I know, the process may have changed, but the process I use with success is wipe first, flash cm10 2x and then flash gapps. Wipe cache and dalvik and reboot. let me know if that works for you

wintrxtrem

Jan 3, 2006
I wipe dalvik/cache, flash newest CM build over prevvious, wipe dalvik/cache again and reboot.

On the subject of separate CDMA and GSM roms, wouldn't it make the most sense to work towards one that works for both and switches seamlessly? With the SIM hardware mod this has the potential to be the ultimate android phone.. moto antennas, qwerty, CM10, CDMA/LTE with SVDO (new phones no longer support svdo) in the states, world roaming GSM capabilities. And if the razr hd radiocomm mod works we could also use any domestic GSM carrier. That's really unprecedented. That's really how all phones should be (with/without qwerty), and it's sad we should have to go to such great lengths as consumers to get such an unlocked device.

Cheers- -

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
I wipe dalvik/cache, flash newest CM build over prevvious, wipe dalvik/cache again and reboot.

On the subject of separate CDMA and GSM roms, wouldn't it make the most sense to work towards one that works for both and switches seamlessly? With the SIM hardware mod this has the potential to be the ultimate android phone.. moto antennas, qwerty, CM10, CDMA/LTE with SVDO (new phones no longer support svdo) in the states, world roaming GSM capabilities. And if the razr hd radiocomm mod works we could also use any domestic GSM carrier. That's really unprecedented. That's really how all phones should be (with/without qwerty), and it's sad we should have to go to such great lengths as consumers to get such an unlocked device.

Cheers- -

One step at a time. That is the idea, we don't WANT two separate builds... but right now it makes the most sense to limit confusion.

Edit - also, why flash 2x, or wipe data/cache 2x? Seems like snakeoil to me... besides, factory reset would cover wiping that completely.

Last edited:

Loader009

Jul 6, 2012
Edit - also, why flash 2x, or wipe data/cache 2x? Seems like snakeoil to me... besides, factory reset would cover wiping that completely.

I had to wipe before flashing CM10, because of a failured symlink creation (or so) if /data was not wiped.
After -wipe,flash CM10, flash gapps- I don't wipe anymore, because I'm sure those flash progresses aren't
going to change anything in /data.

KyleJDavison

Sep 19, 2010
One step at a time. That is the idea, we don't WANT two separate builds... but right now it makes the most sense to limit confusion.

The CM9 by jokersax for the photon 4g (wimax/og) needed flashed twice. No idea why. Just did. I'm in the habit of it now.

solitarywarrior1

Jan 3, 2012
Dearborn
www.justintime.tech

Edit - update

Edit 2 - update....

I'll check into this (or at least i'll try). I am perhaps not the best "dev" for this job....

solitarywarrior1

Jan 3, 2012
Dearborn
www.justintime.tech

Cheers- -

I'd love to make a unified build, but i have no clue how i'd do such a thing. I don't have any development experience beyond what you see here. I'm just trying stuff and seeing what works.

That said, hopefully with the official jb soak test that's been released, we'll be able to get a bit closer to stock functionality.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
I'll check into this (or at least i'll try). I am perhaps not the best "dev" for this job....

Went snowboarding today, phone didn't lock up at all since I posted that last log... but it certainly does disconnect from data frequently.

I'm trying to get my build environment up and running again, for some reason I can't build right now... oddly getting an error when building the kernel.

At any rate, I hope to get back in the swing of things a bit and try to help you out, assuming I can :D

Reactions: solitarywarrior1

solitarywarrior1

Jan 3, 2012
Dearborn
www.justintime.tech
Went snowboarding today, phone didn't lock up at all since I posted that last log... but it certainly does disconnect from data frequently.

I'm trying to get my build environment up and running again, for some reason I can't build right now... oddly getting an error when building the kernel.

At any rate, I hope to get back in the swing of things a bit and try to help you out, assuming I can :D

The frequent data disconnects are something i'm aware of, but have no clue how to fix.
My biggest issue is that i've never done development before now. But it doesn't help that my finals start next week and i'm totally slammed with projects and homework. (being an engineering student is just ever so much fun...) The good news is that i'll be free as a bird in a week and a half or so! So i'll be able to pursue this more.
One thing i was thinking of was trying to merge this build with another CDMA MSM8960 based port (d2spr or jewel) because i have no idea what was involved with porting the RAZR HD port to our phone and making it primarily GSM. But then again i have no idea how to do that either..... lol

I'd definitely appreciate the help!

If i have time tomorrow i'll try RSDing my phone back to stock and applying the JB soak, maybe see what i can borrow from that to try and make this better.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well guys, it's been fun. It's been a real pleasure developing for you all. I know my build was never very good, but i hope that those who used my builds were able to enjoy a peek at Cyanogenmod for CDMA. Now that arrrghhh, Skrilax, and the rest of the Razrqcom dev team have gotten the camcorder in 10.1 working, it looks like my build had become redundant. Thanks so much to everybody who used or tested my builds. Special thanks goes to Arrrghhh for being such a big help to me when i was struggling with things, and to Skrilax for letting me use his code as a base!

CDMA builds of CM10

I'll continue maintaining and improving this build, as CM10.1 still does not have a working camcorder.

These builds are based on the work of Skrilax_CZ with modifications to enable CDMA, eHRPD, and LTE on Sprint's network.

Buglist in Second post, Changelog in Third

Additional thanks to arrrghhh and cmattern, who are helping to improve these builds beyond my limited skills.

I am no dev, i'm just a tinkerer, i'm just hoping my tinkering can benefit others who are itching for a taste of CM on these great phones of ours.

ROM

Builds from source: (These builds are based on source from the razrqcom team)

5/28 build with changes to proprietaries
    Just set subscription type to NV and toggle airplane mode

Old builds have been moved to third post.

Source

https://github.com/solitarywarrior1

Got my build environment up and running, future builds will be built from source.

Anyone is welcome to suggest changes to my github, i'm still just learning this stuff so any tips are appreciated!

Instructions:

TWRP is recommended when flashing this ROM. I've had reports of it not flashing properly in OpenRecovery.

Wipe cache/data (recommended)

Flash ROM

Flash GAPPS from Skrilax_CZ's Thread located here:Skrilax_CZ's GSM CM10 Build

open phone and enter *#*#4636#*#* and ensure that mode is set to CDMA/LTE auto (prl)

go to settings>wireless and networks>more>mobile networks and set network mode to LTE/CDMA/EvDo and set CDMA Subscription to NV.

you may need to toggle radio or mobile data on/off after the above step

Enjoy!

NOTE: This is still a work in progress and may cause damage to your phone, damage to your relationship, or global thermoneuclear war. None of which am I responsible for. You have been warned!!!!

Thanks to:

HUGE credit goes to Skrilax_CZ, nadlabak (kabaldan on XDA), and the razrqcom-dev-team for the GSM port of CM10 and getting CM10 working on our phones.
    Epinter for the CM10 port upon which Skrillax's is based.
    Arrrghhh and interloper for the work they've done with Skrilax to get CDMA working up to this point.
    Nwo122383 for his original modded build.prop that got CDMA calls working, it inspired me to start blundering about with the config files and gave me a place to start from.
    Credit also has to go to the awesome CyanogenMod team for their awesome roms. As well as the teams responsible for the CM10 roms on the Samsung Galaxy S3 (d2spr) and HTC EVO 4G LTE (jewel) from who's roms my modifications come.

Additionally, we should all take a moment to recognize how awesome all of the developers are who build software for all of these phones and make the android community what it is.
    Hey guys,

I'm not in any way taking over for solitarywarrior for building - we are collaborating on what to change.

He had some issues building tonight, so I am going to provide a build from the latest on our repos... He will still be updating the first post with the latest and greatest.

Without further rambling, here is the download link.

Changelog - apns files updated, eri updated and voicemail fix implemented - you should now have options for voicemail under Phone --> Menu --> Settings.

Edit - the eri file update seemed to break the carrier recognition - I guess it's not a big deal, but my pull down bar no longer says 'Sprint' but now 'Roaming Indicator Off'. The voicemail fix works great tho!!
    It perhaps might be good to take a look how CDMA goes on CM10.1 (manifest is here: https://github.com/razrqcom-dev-team/android) and you'll find Photon Q under device/motorola/xt897 (CM10.1 seems daily useable to me).

Nice, I was wondering when this would pop up. You've been using it daily, haha. Syncing now....

Edit - And it boots! Need to work out some kinks, but I'd like to get it posted for others to try out as well.

Edit 2 - here they be
    I'm running the 4/17 build and, while I am somewhat time constrained (not complaining just want to set reasonable expectations), want to help. I have one of the Sprint Photon Q's, have done some x86 Linux system programming and am willing to learn to function in the Android side. Where can you use me?