[Q] Xperia Go Water damaged

Search This thread

kashif jkm

Nov 15, 2013
hello gyuyzz

i water damaged my xperia go.. after the damage it was responding i mean phone was responding but screen was black no display.. but now the phone also doesn't respond, when i connect the charger red light appears after some time it goes off, i think it is shutting off automatically.. any suggestions..how much will the sony service center charge me for water damage??

Ryccardo

Nov 12, 2013
Imola
hello gyuyzz

i water damaged my xperia go.. after the damage it was responding i mean phone was responding but screen was black no display.. but now the phone also doesn't respond, when i connect the charger red light appears after some time it goes off, i think it is shutting off automatically.. any suggestions..how much will the sony service center charge me for water damage??

If they work like Apple (and I doubt this) then Apple wants 210 € for a flat rate replacement -- nobody actually repairs water damage as it's very hard to guarantee ALL damage was seen and fixed...

Ideally you should have removed the battery immediately (because everyone with an allegedly waterproof phone always has the appropriate screwdrivers on hand), washed it with pure water and dried in rice for at least 4 days, it's probably too late now but you might want to try this sequence anyway, it can't end up worse :rolleyes: