[GUIDE] Sprint sph p100 stock firmware RECEOVERY: last resort.

Search This thread

JohnSullivan

Nov 23, 2007
Ontario
I'd have posted the link to be more specific but the admins seem to be blocking me til I post 8x. At any rate the link to the stock firmware in the first post of this thread is dead.

LostN21

Jul 28, 2012
Can someone reup the files in the OP or does anyone have another link to them that is still good?

nanayawboxda

Dec 15, 2014
help me restore my sprint samsung galaxy sph p100

my tablet just got stuch when i boot all i see is samsung nothing more, please help me with the firmware to fix it. i have tried a lot of stuff but to no avail thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok i decided i post what i did to recovery my sprints tab from a bad kernel flash that i didn't install clock work recovery, I thought my tab was a lost cause which i even chatted with hsn were i bought mine at for a replacement which would've took up to 30days.. So awhile i wait for that i decided to try and get it working till i get the prepaid label lol

Matter what i did it kept getting stuck at the samsung screen and couldn't get into recovery but download mode work luckly. i tried all kernels listed and it still got stuck which at the time i thought my tab was bricked or semi brick.

What i did is keep searching for the stock firmware which was hard to find but i found this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=9753941#post9753941

Heres a direct link http://www.multiupload.com/WDKOUJSM2G
    Thanks to ZoinksS2k for the tab sprint no modem firmware:)

And downloaded the stock no modem firmware the modem one is listed too but it will kill your gps and 3g might not work so i just did the no modem one.

So i downloaded it and odin was package with it and i couldn't get it to detect my tab in download mode ony when the tab was off it detected it..

So i tried heimdall and at first i couldn't get it to flash the start button was grayed out because i was putting the tar file into pda/code so i open the tar file and found factory.rfs param.ifs and cache.rfs and dbdata.rfs so i loaded all thoes in the heimfall boxes and than loaded the stock zimage which is in the tar too.

And than i flashed and saw the samsung screen and it went right pass it and played the samsung splash screen so i knew i was getting somewhere so it got stuck on the next samsung screen again.. So i turn it off and hold home button and volume up button than i push the power button and hold all 3 buttons till i saw the samsung screen and i left go the power button and the stock recovery loaded right up:)

So i did the wipe data/factory reset and i also did the wipe cache data just in case but im sure just the factory reset would work, And i restarted the tab and it went pass all screens and it loaded android!!! And everything was working 3g wifi gps and everything else.

So hopefully this guide will help others as a last resort if you ony get the samsung screen and download mode ony,If you get the receovery than just do the factory wipe.

This is worth a try first than sending it back to samsung and having to wait too get your tab back:) It sure saved me from having to send it back too hsn or samsung.

If you want you can thank me if this help you for providing the info:)
    okay, im farily new to the galaxy tab forums, only reason im here is because my friend bricked his tab and figured i could take a stab at it, i mean im good at fixing my galaxy s so i figured, how hard can this be. Wrong, my head is killing me because i cant figure this out. His tab is stuck in a boot loop mean it goes to the "samsung" screen and then stays there forever. I tried using odin with the stock firmware with no modem, everything went good but when it attemped to restart still nothing ? can someone please school me on how to do this properly please. Im a pretty good listener if im given descent instructions lol please by all means HELP lol

1. Download & install Heimdall (take a look here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=878686)
    2. Download the firmware from the link on the OP in this thread
    The link is a .rar file. Extract it, and you'll get tab_sprint_noModem_20101226.tar.
    Extract the .tar and you'll get:
    cache.rfs
    dbdata.rfs
    factoryfs.rfs
    param.lfs
    zimage
    3. Connect your tab to the PC
    4. Power up the tab into Download Mode (hold vol down and press power)
    Note: don't hold the power button too long, just long enough to power up
    Do continue to hold the vol down button until you get the download screen
    5. Open Heimdall
    Use the "Browse" buttons in the various sections to select the appropriate files
    zimage goes in BOTH the kernel AND recovery slots
    factoryfs.rfs goes in the FactoryFS slot
    cache.rfs goes in the Cache slot
    dbdata.rfs goes in the Database Data slot
    param.lfs goes in the Param.lfs slot
    4. Hit "Start" to flash
    5. Power down the tab
    6. Power back up into recovery mode (hold vol up and press power)
    7. Wipe data and cache

Your tab should now boot

I HIGHLY recommend reading all the way through this thread, the one it links to, and the ones I've linked to before starting this.

If you see anything that contradicts or causes confusion, ask before you start.

I am NOT an expert, lol. I am just giving you what I've learned :)