FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What features do you want to see in the Swag Bag?

Hard to get apps, inverted gapps, etc

61 Vote(s)
70.93%
status bar tweaks, center clock, no clock, etc

56 Vote(s)
65.12%
kernels

45 Vote(s)
52.33%
DTa2sd Stable

27 Vote(s)
31.40%
DTa2sd Beta 4

34 Vote(s)
39.53%

[ROM][LOTK] Deck's ReLoaded .500 RLS [1-31-13]

3,101 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,675

By jamieg71, Senior Member on 19th May 2012, 05:31 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th June 2012, 04:22 PM |#2001  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Sorry I didn't see the post above mine, could you add that to your first post. I'm sure it would bee easier for others too find.
The Following User Says Thank You to tony_2018 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tony_2018 Ad-Free

5th June 2012, 05:58 PM |#2002  
Thanks Meter: 518

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieg71

No other roms that I am aware of take advantage of the insane SD read ahead speeds we have used.

Just checked it and, my, that *is* a big readahead number.

A semi-serious question about a2sd, what is the Linux command to show what filesystem type is being used on which partition? a2sd check reports 'support ext4 yes' which is new behavior for me and not something that I chose during the install. Did I get upgraded? Or is this version of a2sd just reporting that it *can* use ext4 (all the other times I have used a2sd in the past it said no...)?

[EDIT at least that's the way I *wanted* to ask it- ropodope answered faster than I could rephrase my question... QFT ... FML ... ]

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA
5th June 2012, 06:08 PM |#2003  
Account currently disabled
Flag Floor Me
Thanks Meter: 2,304

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxNW

Just checked it and, my, that *is* a big readahead number.

A semi-serious question about a2sd, it looks like I got upgraded to ext4? At least a2sd check reports 'support ext4 yes' which is new behavior for me and not something that I chose during the install. If I nandroid back to an image that doesn't support ext4, I suspect I will have a problem. If upgrading to ext4 is by design, fine, but you might want to mention it in the OP? Or am I just way off base here?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

you are off base. the only way a2sd upgrades you to ext 4 is if you do so yourself or if you have already done so in recovery. It supports it. It did not automatically do if for you. If you have ext 3 already then that is what you still have.

The upgrade command for a2sd is:
su
a2sd convert-ext4

The user is required to do so in order for a2sd to upgrade you accordingly.

ropodope

Heat it up! Burn it out! I've got a job to do, giving it all to you!
The Following User Says Thank You to ropodope For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ropodope Ad-Free
5th June 2012, 06:17 PM |#2004  
Thanks Meter: 292

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ropodope

you are off base. the only way a2sd upgrades you to ext 4 is if you do so yourself or if you have already done so in recovery. It supports it. It did not automatically do if for you. If you have ext 3 already then that is what you still have.

su
a2sd convert-ext4

ropodope

oOo, so even though I upgraded my ext via recovery...I still need to run the a2sd command to physically move the data?! mah bad!
5th June 2012, 06:21 PM |#2005  
Flag Floor Me

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708

oOo, so even though I upgraded my ext via recovery...I still need to run the a2sd command to physically move the data?! mah bad!

what are you talking about? Upgrading your ext is completely separate and distinct from moving your data over to it. Do you want an ext 4 partition? Have you already done so from recovery? Then why would you do it again from a2sd? That command is there for people who WANT an ext 4 partition, who have NOT yet done so from recovery. it allows them to do it from a2sd. Now what does that have to do with running or not running your data from your sd?
Please refer to the two quintessential guides written on a2sd in our OP to explain everything else to you from here on in. You will be glad that you did.

ropodope

The Following User Says Thank You to ropodope For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ropodope Ad-Free
5th June 2012, 06:23 PM |#2006  
Flag Olathe, KS
Thanks Meter: 461

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ropodope

su
a2sd convert-ext4

ropodope

Wait, so is this a command to enter if you already have EXT4? Or is this something to enter if you are only setup on EXT3 (and entering this command will upgrade you to EXT4)?

I repartitioned about a week ago and setup EXT4 in recovery, but never ran this command. Just want to make sure I'm taking advantage of everything I can.

EDIT: NINJA'd by Ropodope
5th June 2012, 06:26 PM |#2007  
Flag My House....
Thanks Meter: 830

Donate to Me
More
Getting stupid high Android system usage... can't seem to figure out why? Running dta2sd version. Sorry for the noob question...

Sent from my PC36100 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
5th June 2012, 06:28 PM |#2008  
Flag Floor Me

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouBrent

Wait, so is this a command to enter if you already have EXT4? Or is this something to enter if you are only setup on EXT3 (and entering this command will upgrade you to EXT4)?

I repartitioned about a week ago and setup EXT4 in recovery, but never ran this command. Just want to make sure I'm taking advantage of everything I can.

please refer to my post directly above yours.

ropodope

5th June 2012, 06:40 PM |#2009  
Flag Olathe, KS
Thanks Meter: 461

More
Yeah I saw that. you got me on that one.
5th June 2012, 07:12 PM |#2010  
Flag Behind my M24 (Retired)
Thanks Meter: 422

More
A little off topic... Watching 'Every which way but loose' in honor of the up coming Philo Beddoe release.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to smatherlee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift smatherlee Ad-Free
5th June 2012, 08:21 PM |#2011  
Thanks Meter: 292

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouBrent

That's what I meant to ask...just went about my verbiage wrong..I have ext 4 already...just making sure I was actually using it, as the post I quoted previous was a little vague as well...either way i should have read the damn guide..thanks!

sent from my ReLoaded evo
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigbear6708 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigbear6708 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, clyde, fast, pale rider, phillo bedo, reloaded, should be renobbed, the speeds make you want to an hero, what is this im 12, will munny

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)