Search This thread

sas007

May 20, 2012
kidderminster
Hello

i have need a mistake

it's not volume down but volume UP to enter into recovery mode

for the brightness , you have a widget to change this

and after if you want to fix the brightness and constrast , you must install the software of " uncle tom " : m44-toolbox.apk
and in the engineer mode you can change contrast and brightness
and more over

@++ Bruno

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Sorry i don't answer

The rooted mode is important for the software "m44-toolbox.apk"
If you not root your device , the software don't work

And the root device is neccessary to navigate in the system file

@++ Bruno
Hello i have the uncle tom tool-kit..please how do i change brightness settings etc what to change them to,how do i do it
many thanks mate

martelasol

Oct 8, 2008
Hello i have the uncle tom tool-kit..please how do i change brightness settings etc what to change them to,how do i do it
many thanks mate

Hi, the problem for me is unsolvable, i think it relates to the type of display mounted on this phone... you can try the application Screen Adjuster downloadable from the market, i tried but i have not solved the problem of the contrast and colors. With the uncle tom tool-kit i have not found the menu to set the display.

sas007

May 20, 2012
kidderminster
Hello,i have both of these applications but you can STILL only move from phone to INTERNAL 2GB SD CARD and vies versa.you can move NOTHING from phone or internal 2gb sd card to your inserted extended memory sd card,this is the problem as apart from having music and films on the extended memory it gives the device no help when you need more memory to install apps on, like a sat nav that with maps is around 1gb you have absolutely no way of installing this or moving this to your inserted extended memory sd card.
This is what we need to work out is there a way of doing it so the device uses the inserted sd card insead of internal sd card,also you can not move any app file or any files needed by apps or system manually via computer to the external extended memory as they stop working.when i use option install to sd card it only sees the internal 2gb not the inserted extended memory cardi only have 2 options in default write disk
1)usb storage
2)sd card
we need a 3)extended memory sd card.
although the device see my 32gb sd card when i mount it,when given the option of where to install to it only says usb or SD card but when i choose sd.
it installs to 2gb internal which i thought was called USB?
SO IN SUMMERY I NEED TO WORK OUT HOW TO INSTALL STUFF TO MY EXTENDED MEMORY CARD.
any ideas help may be a new script or rom i dont know its way over my head.
but would be good to get it sorted as at the moment i am restricted to only 2gb of install and file store space,and like i said my sat nav uses 1GB of that
FIXED STORAGE PROBLEM

I have managed to set the external inserted SD card( TF)as main install destination
thanks Bruno you did it again mate... I did it using the UNCLE TOM TOOL-KIT what a great bit of kit.
in the main menu and then look for the app2sd setting just set it to external SD card and fantastic i have reinstalled everything on the external sd card about 3GB worth of sat navs big files etc and still have the 2GB internal sd storage free not even touched it.
brill brill brill now i can install all i want no worries.
And with the help and support of you guys i am getting to know a bit about android a big THANKS to Bruno who is always kind enough to answer my questions and always replys to me.

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

Hi, the problem for me is unsolvable, i think it relates to the type of display mounted on this phone... you can try the application Screen Adjuster downloadable from the market, i tried but i have not solved the problem of the contrast and colors. With the uncle tom tool-kit i have not found the menu to set the display.

yes me too, I found the menu that says DISPLAY in the android MTK setting in it you can turn backlite on or off etc but could not work out how to adjust brightness or contrast there is another setting in the display menu but you have to enter a value/number but what it does i don't know.

Last edited:

capt_morpheme

Apr 5, 2008
Salerno
FIXED STORAGE PROBLEM
I have managed to set the external inserted SD card( TF)as main install destination
thanks Bruno you did it again mate... I did it using the UNCLE TOM TOOL-KIT what a great bit of kit.

Can you please give me the link for the UNCLE TOM TOOL-KIT

Scorpion1983

Mar 10, 2008
Data Connection and Screen rotate isn´t working anymore

Hi,

i have a problem with the custom Rom. I flashed it on my i9220. Everything looked so far good. For installing and setting up the phone i used the wifi.
But when i disconnected wifi, my 3G connection didn´t worked. My provider is vodafone ( germany ). I can make calls and send sms. But internet is not working.

Another thing which is strange, that i cannot rotate anymore the screen. I checked all settings. It is not working anymore. After this, i flashed back to the stock rom. The 3G data connection is working again perfectly. But the screen rotation is not working anymore.

I also missed to backup my firmware. I phone had the firmware from May 2012. But the stock firmware in this thread is older. Its from April 2012.

What can i do, that my screen is rotating again and also for a working 3g internet connection ?

Scorpion1983

Mar 10, 2008
Ok the sensor is working again.

I think it's better to root the device manual and get the SD card corret working.

Are there some possibilities to root the device with a script or img for cwm ?

The uncle tom tool kit , is it running on the device or on a PC?

Last edited:

sas007

May 20, 2012
kidderminster
FIXED STORAGE PROBLEM

Can you please give me the link for the UNCLE TOM TOOL-KIT

what i used is Here on this page ignore completly anything else on page just for the app..its called "m44-toolbox" second download in list,install on device and device must be rooted to work.

http://www.dkmdesign.dk/?page_id=9
Good luck mate.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Ok the sensor is working again.

I think it's better to root the device manual and get the SD card corret working.

Are there some possibilities to root the device with a script or img for cwm ?

The uncle tom tool kit , is it running on the device or on a PC?

see page 1 for root.

Install toolbox on device and device must be rooted.

M44 toolbox second on list. http://www.dkmdesign.dk/?page_id=9

Last edited:

martelasol

Oct 8, 2008
Firmware 04 June edition improvements

Anyone who has upgraded with firmware 04 June edition, that improvements have you found in this version?

Scorpion1983

Mar 10, 2008
I have installed it. The sdcard is now correctly recognised. The 2 gb internal storage's are sdcard2 . Wi-fi will i test in the evening.

As far, everything seems great , but the device gets very hot in the top area near the cam .

I thought first it could be the 3g module, but i also saw, that the CPU is running all the time at maximum speed (1 Ghz).

So i will root the phone and then i can change the clock to automatic.

chris9220

May 16, 2012
Hi,

Thank you for the quick reply, appreciated

I had flashed this firmware just now, google maps can be updated to latest version

Testing out other apks later.

Thank you

Chris

June 4th firmware

- the screen resolution (??) seem to be sharper with the older firmware, photo, video playback and images all affected :confused:
- WIFI comparable, near to router
- GPS same problem locking on to satellites overhead

Scorpion1983

Mar 10, 2008
i tried to run the root file. I mean the TPSparkyRoot.bat . But it always says, device is not found.

USB Debugging is active and damoen ist successful startet.

sas007

May 20, 2012
kidderminster
hey you are right,spent a while trying to work out why the battery was not lasting more than 12-14 hours,just checked CPU speed and was set to performance..no wonder....have now set to ondemand.
cheers.
#AJ

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
i tried to run the root file. I mean the TPSparkyRoot.bat . But it always says, device is not found.

USB Debugging is active and damoen ist successful startet.
I had the same problem and gave up in the end after trying for most of the day and installed Taiwan101 STAR-i9220 Custom ROM V.03 from page 1.it already has root permissions,and then tweaked it to my pref and sorted out the sd storage,cpu speed etc.running good and happy

Last edited:

Scorpion1983

Mar 10, 2008
I had installed the taiwan custom room. Problem is, that my rotation is ****ed up and i have no internet data connect. Only sms and phone calls. :(

Update to root:

it worked. I installed superoneclick 2.3.3 . I opened it and go to check my drivers. Then he told me, that he will install the correct drivers for me. ok.
After this was successfull, i closed superoneclick and launched the TPSparkyRoot.bat file. Now it found my device and it started to root the phone. :)

Last edited:

capt_morpheme

Apr 5, 2008
Salerno
FIXED STORAGE PROBLEM

in the engineers setting android MTK and then look for the app2sd setting just set it to external SD card and fantastic i have reinstalled everything on the external sd card about 3GB worth of sat navs big files etc and still have the 2GB internal sd storage free not even touched it.

Let me understand:
I launch the toolkit but the AppToSD is in the main menu and not in the Engineer mode.
In AppToSd i've 3 choices: auto, internal only and external.
I Set to external. There is a chinese button. Should i press it?
When setup progs you use internal and them move by apptosd?

sas007

May 20, 2012
kidderminster
FIXED STORAGE PROBLEM

in the engineers setting android MTK and then look for the app2sd setting just set it to external SD card and fantastic i have reinstalled everything on the external sd card about 3GB worth of sat navs big files etc and still have the 2GB internal sd storage free not even touched it.

Let me understand:
I launch the toolkit but the AppToSD is in the main menu and not in the Engineer mode.
In AppToSd i've 3 choices: auto, internal only and external.
I Set to external. There is a chinese button. Should i press it?

When setup progs you use internal and them move by apptosd?
yes press it thats the yes/confirm(sorry about where it was but you got it..)
now its set to external it does not use internal 2gb installs everything directly to external sd card
so if you want to get some internal space uninstall big stuff...then you reinstall it and it will go onto external sd (mines a 32gb and works fine)

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

I had installed the taiwan custom room. Problem is, that my rotation is ****ed up and i have no internet data connect. Only sms and phone calls. :(

Update to root:

it worked. I installed superoneclick 2.3.3 . I opened it and go to check my drivers. Then he told me, that he will install the correct drivers for me. ok.
After this was successfull, i closed superoneclick and launched the TPSparkyRoot.bat file. Now it found my device and it started to root the phone. :)

strange that about taiwan rom but now your rooted can you sort it all out.
seems you aint had luck on your side with this mate.
i hope you get it to where you want it to be...it took me a good week of experimenting with the roms scripts etc to get stuff how i wanted.
good luck to you mate..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    here the official post of STAR I9220 DPAD
    it is a different phone with different firmware of haipai Noble i9220 e Star N8000. For this phone you must see right topic.

here a photo of Star I9220 DPAD
    the led is under the camera.

For flashing with Flashtool see the good guide of Bruno martins:
    http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.it/2012/05/mt6575-flashing-tutorial.html#comment-form

firmware stock:
    http://files.china-iphone.ru/51I92220PAD_20120428_e1809c_v75_gq1008_9p017.rar

Custom firmware:

thanks to Resquer
    custom recovery :
    http://forum.china-iphone.ru/download/file.php?id=35337
    Script repartiton of MBR,= memory for App 2.gb
    http://forum.china-iphone.ru/download/file.php?id=35036
    root:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wvb2v914y0uddtj

thanks to Johnny hung
    Taiwan101 STAR-i9220 Custom ROM V.03

CWM Recovery download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ro5d62qifqdgt99
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gd7cicaf5r786ix/CWM_recovery_I9220PAD(BM)_v0.4.rar
    Custom ROM download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?6p63a7w257i4vpa

CHANGELOG:
    1) Base on the Firmware 05-19-2012
    2) root permission
    3) Mei /ICS Launcher
    4) DATA partition become 2GB
    5) SDCARD become external TF card
    6) Taiwan101 splash image
    7) Taiwan101 default Wallpaper- ICS Launcher
    8) Full Google service
    9) AGPS issue fixed
    10) Home key wake up
    11) Battery % display
    12) Pop Windows color change
    13) SONY Mobile BRAVIA® Engine
    14) Internal storage -512MB lose.....
    11) all h/w working

Flash process:
    1. flash back to official firmware
    2. flash the custom recovery
    3. into recovery mode
    4. wipe data/factory reset & Wipe cache & Wipe Dalvik cache
    5. Install ZIP from sdcard ->choice custom rom zip file -> OK
    6. reboot
    MT6575 Driver Installtion Step by Step jpalpano
    I have experienced so much frustration installing the drivers for the first time, in order to use it with SP-Flash Tool and SP-MDT Tool.
    It took a lot of research, trial and error, and hair-pulling activities before I was able to finally do it.

So to help our newbies out there, I hope this guide may help you.

This is for you if your problem is:
    The Flasht Tool or SP-MDT Tool cannot detect your phone.
    When you plug your phone, you hear it connecting, and disconnecting immediately in Windows.
    Your phone goes into connecting and disconnecting state.
    Your phone can be flashed via the SP-Flash Tool, but not through the SP-MDT Tool

The Basics:
    There are actually 2 different types of drivers for this phone:
    1. The USB driver
    - You need to have this installed in order for you to use it via ADB Devices, USB Debugging mode, TPSparky Root tool, etc.
    - This driver is needed for activities where the phone remains turned on.
    - The component of this driver will appear as MT65xx ADB Interface device
    2. The Preloader driver
    - You need to have this installed in order for you to use it with the Flashing Tool and SP-MDT Tool
    - This driver is needed for activities where the phone is turned off.
    - There are two components of this driver: The Meditatek USB VCOM driver and the Mediatek USB DA VCOM driver

The Tools:
    There are two types of tools you can use for updating this phone:
    1. The SP-Flash Tool
    - This is easier to use as long as you have correctly installed the device drivers
    - This is recommended for flashing only a few parts of the ROM, like for example, changing only the recovery, uboot, and boot images.
    2. The SP-MDT Tool
    - This is an advanced tool which allows you to set the display drivers
    - The installation of the driver is a little more complex for this tool in order for your phone to be detected
    - If you are able to successfully flash using the SP-Flashtool, but then your display is black, wrong color, twisted, etc, this tool is what you need.

There are a lot of people who are able to successfully install drivers and flash using the SP-Flashtool,
    but to no success when using the SP-MDT tool.
    In my experience, once I got to make the SP-MDT tool work, I had no use for SP-Flashtool anymore.

The Procedure
    First of all, if you have installed the drivers already, and think it doesn't work, I recommend to clear out all
    Android drivers you have installed using the USB Deview tool.
    Delete all those drivers there that starts with MT.
    Also delete any other drivers you might have installed for your old or other Android Devices.

ADB Interface Device
    Turn your phone on and switch on the USB Debuggin mode under Settings>Developer Options.
    Plug your phone to your computer
    On the Hardware Update Wizard, select Install from a specific list or specific location (Advanced) option. Click Next.
    Choose Don't search. I will choose the driver to install option. Click Next.
    On the Hardware Type screen, select Show All Devices then click Next. (Some of you may not see this screen)
    Click the Have Disk... button.
    On the pop-up, click the Browse button and look for the android_winusb.inf driver in your hard drive (link below).
    Open it then Click OK.
    Click the Next button and wait for Windows to install the driver.
    You may be notified by windows about failure for driver verification, just select Continue Anyway
    Once done, it should successfully install the driver.
    Check if you phone can be detected now via the ADB Devices.

You can now use the TPSparky root tool to root your phone and install SuperUser.

USB VCOM and USB DA VCOM drivers
    Launch your Device Manager and Expand the Ports (COM & LPT) section.
    Resize the screen ofyour Device Manager in a way that you see the Ports section without having to scroll down the window.
    Make this window always visible. Do not minimize it.

PART 1
    Turn off your phone and remove the battery.
    Plug your phone into your PC and wait for it to be detected.
    Windows should automatically bring up the Hardware Update Wizard.
    If it did not, that means you have not totally deleted the old drivers using the USB Deview tool.
    On the Hardware Update Wizard, select Install from a specific list or specific location (Advanced) option. Click Next.
    Choose Don't search. I will choose the driver to install option. Click Next.
    On the Hardware Type screen, select Show All Devices then click Next. (Some may not see this screen)
    Click the Have Disk... button.
    On the pop-up, click the Browse button and look for the driver in your hard drive. Open it then Click OK.
    Click the Next button and wait for Windows to install the driver.
    You may be notified by windows about failure for driver verification, just select Continue Anyway
    Once done, it should successfully install the driver.
    The device manager should refresh and you should see the driver in the Ports section.
    But then you will notice it will disappear, and you will hear the USB disconnected sound right away. This is alright.

PART 2
    Disconnect your phone from USB
    Insert the battery back
    Plug your phone into the computer again.
    You should be prompted for the drivers again.
    Follow the same steps above and use the same driver file.
    Once installed, the phone will disappear from Device Manager again. That is alright. Do not worry.

After Parts 1 and 2 above, you should have been able to install both the USB VCOM and USB DA VCOM drivers.
    You should now be able to flash using both of the flash tools.

SP-Flashtool can detect it but not SP-MDT tool
    In order for SP-MDT tool to work, your driver should be installed between COM1 and COM16.
    If not, then SP-MDT cannot flash your phone.

To solve it, you must force assign the COM port for your phone.
    These steps are a little tricky so you must have quick hands.
    Turn off your phone and disconnect from your computer
    Remove battery for a few seconds, then put it back. Don't turn on.
    On your device manager, focus your eyes on the Ports section
    Connect your phone to the USB.
    The device manager shall refresh and you should see your phone under the Ports section with the COM# in parenthesis (ex: COM8).
    If the COM# of your phone is COM17 and up, then we have to change it.
    Your eyes should be quick because this will disappear in a few seconds.
    Disconnect again the phone from USB.
    Remove battery again, then put it back.
    Now, position your mouse over the part where you saw your phone in the Ports section.
    Connect your phone to the USB.
    When the Device Manager refreshes and shows your devices, immediately double click it before it disappears again.
    The properties of the device should now pop-up.
    Click the Port Setttings tab and click the Advanced.. button.
    On the bottom of the new window is a COM Port Number drop-down menu, showing the current port # assigned to your phone.
    Click the drop-down and select any available COM ports between COM1 and COM16. (I used COM8 with mine).
    Click OK, then OK again.
    Disconnect and Reconnect your phone again and make sure that device manager already show it under the COM# you assigned.
    Your device should now be detected by the SP-MDT Tool.

If this steps have helped you, I will really appreciate if you thank me using the Thanks button, before just replying to my post and saying thanks.

*********************http://www.mediafire.com/?kma1bj39ackke4a
    ROMs for Star Note i9220

Hi Sas,

thanks for the links. I found the uboot 0526 on the russian forum. It is true that the problem with the very bright display is a uboot-problem which can be solved by the uboot from may.

So I did only 2 things: I took the latest stock-firmware from merimobiles 20120607 and copied the CWRM-recovery and the uboot from 20120526 inside. You can flash it with the flash-tool and after you have to root it with "TPSparkyRoot_ haipai _noble_I9220" from page 1.

Step 1:
    Here is the link for the stock-rom modified with CWRM and uboot:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?o7na5mm6hfasjt7

Step 2:
    And the link from page 1 for the root-script:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wvb2v914y0uddtj

a) As an alternative for step 1 and 2 you can install CWRM only or the complete firmware with step 1.
    b) Download and copy a russian modified stock-rom to the root of your sd-card:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?eas7ztidnn996wo
    c) Go into recovery-mode by keep holding the left volume-rocker when turning on the phone.
    d) Select the following steps:
    - wipe data/factory reset
    - wipe cache
    - wipe Dalvik cache (Advanced)
    - install ZIP from sdcard
    - choose the modified rom "I9220PAD_2012.06.07.mod_by_Resquer.signed.zip"
    - confirm twice
    - after installing is complete reboot device

This russian modified rom runs very nice on my device:
    - It is rooted already
    - It has the correct uboot
    - It has deleted chinese apps
    - It has a nice battery circle in the top-bar
    - It seems to have some optimization which I don't know
    - It has the original partition size of 500mb for system, which I recommend so you can backup your system with CWRM or go back to stock-rom-backups without problems.

There is the same modified rom on the russian forum availabe which has a changed partition of 2GB for system, but if you want to go back from this rom to a stock-rom with the original system-size you have to flash with the flashtool first - restore with CWRM would fail.

These 2 modified roms were already posted in post no. 73 by djwohls.

I will go on testing the "I9220PAD_2012.06.07.mod_by_Resquer.signed.zip" and if I don't have any issues I will keep that rom.

But until now I recommend this russian mod-rom (seems to be a small piece of a super-rom).

Have phun.
    After testing multiple phones and stock / custom firmware I have compiled the latest images with CWM Recovery and stable uBoot for both the i9220 PAD & NOTE Versions & created an easy to follow flash guide.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/?qew4j6o4fz6qlw2

1. Driver Install

1a.Remove the Battery from the phone and connect to your PC with the USB cable.
    1b. Your computer should then try and locate the drivers for the device, you may have to direct your PC to the drivers which are located in: 1. Driver Install
    1c. Disconnect Phone once complete.

2. Flash Firmware to Phone
    Phone must be disconnected with the battery removed before proceeding:

2a. Run flash_tool.exe located in 2. Flash Tool
    2b. click Scatter-loading, then locate the file MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt located in 3. NOTE Firmware or 3. PAD Firmware (depending on your model of phone, check under the battery)

2c. Press "Download" on flash tool.
    2b. Connect the phone to your PC with the USB cable. (battery must be removed)
    2e. flash tool should now flash the phone, once complete unplug the phone.

4. Advanced - Firmware Driver Update

If the Display has issues (scrambled or very dark) then you need to change the Display Driver which is flashed to your phone.

4a. Run SPMultiPortFlashDownloadProject.exe located in 4. Firmware Driver Update
    4b. Click scatter file and then locate the file MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt located in 3. NOTE Firmware or 3. PAD Firmware (depending on your model of phone, check under the battery)

4c. click the box marked: ??????? then click Unlock.
    4d. Click bottom drop down box then select an alternative display driver.

NOTE Driver: RX_50NT_401B
    PAD Driver: RX_50RM_401A
    PAD Driver: RX_50RM_365A

4e. exit SPMulti software
    4f. re-flash the modified firmware as in step 2.

Note: if you have problems with your front or rear camera, you can also try loading different drivers for those which are the first and second drop down boxes.
    Rotation issues and display on June Firmware

I had issue with my rotation not working. Here is how I fixed:

Factory data reset.
    Boot into recovery.
    Wipe data/Factory reset.
    Wipe Cache Partition.
    Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik Cache.
    Power off.
    Flashed June ROM.
    Flashed Clockwork recovery.

Now my rotation was working. However, I had the display issue with static/washed out colors. Here is how I fixed that:

Flashed UBOOT from May firmware, and only the UBOOT.

Works great now!

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

UPDATE FROM RESQUER on CHINA-IPHONE.RU

forum.china-iphone.ru/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=19264&start=980#p622242

Below is translation from Google Translate. I have not tested, just passing along.

--------

WARNING: You can install over any firmware (the new kernel will also be stitched), be sure to have to remove all valuable data from the internal memory card (if any), as will be made Partitioning with formatting, everything will be destroyed.
    The external card is not concerned at all it will remain.

--------

files.china-iphone.ru/122I9220PAD_2012.06.07.mod_by_Resquer.2Gb_data.signed.zip

Did the latest firmware on June 7, 2012 in the version for the firmware through the recovery. Useful for those who do not want to dance with the selection of uboot, to display the correct color display with normal brightness.
    Nothing radically changed not only removed the unwanted Chinese junk, added the most to minimize the necessary software and tweaks. Also, the flashing of the archive will automatically remapping the internal flash device after prshivki size of internal memory will be 2GB, internal sd card - 500MB.
    Replaced the battery icon in the round, with interest.
    Firmware already includes a root, superuser, busybox.
    By default, external sd card is mounted in / mnt / sdcard, internal - / mnt/sdcard2

Added tweaks that I had previously put out a separate patch, set separately it is not required. The density of information display set back to default - 240dpi, because the with non-standard density there are problems with Google Play, namely, many applications are not available for download.

Added software:
    - Adobe Flash Player
    - Link2SD
    - Titanium Backup
    - LuckyPatcher
    - Rebooter
    - Mobileuncle Tools (Russian version)
    - 4Pda App & Game
    - Flashlight

The installation must be carried out under the CWM recovery.
    You can install over any firmware (the new kernel will also be stitched), be sure to have to remove all valuable data from the internal memory card (if any), as will be made Partitioning with formatting, everything will be destroyed.
    The external card is not concerned at all it will remain.
    Do not necessarily wipe, it will be done automatically.

-------

sorry for the formatting. I cannot post links yet...