[Q]Galaxy R shuts down immediately after I turn it on

Search This thread

'cooleagle'

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 19, 2012
@ cooleagle : i am using Stock ROM for India.... checked the calibration settings before doing factory reset and found that the calibration was incorrect ... re-calibrated it... and voila... it's working.... thanks for your help... :)

That's good :D I'll put this bit in the FAQs.

Glad I could help. :)

virgo81

Mar 9, 2012
Similar issues

Since u have never flashed any rom yet and ur phone still has warranty, why dun u sent it for Samsung Service ??
Why worry so much ? :D

I faced a similar issue, where my SGR used to turn off when playing games, later similar scenes, that it will work without the sim card for few minutes, I had infected Customer rom, Flash Stock rom, took it to the service center, 4 days so far, they said they need to get the motherboard replaced, But i must tell, I ve dropped the phone lot of times before, But thrice on the day when it first shut off. Waiting for the motherboard replacement, Hopefully everything works fine after this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    They called me today saying the phone is ready and I can collect it. I asked if they tried with SIM and they said yes we kept it under observation for 1 day with SIM and SD card and there was no shutdown.

I went there and put in my SIM, tried to access my mails and started downloading something from market to see if it shuts down because it used to shutdown when network was active and being used. BOOM! It goes off. I immediately bring it to their notice and they are like "This is your SIM problem, we tried with Docomo SIM". I told them I have tried 3 different network providers SIM's. 2 different batteries and after testing completely from my side only I got it here.

They got their own Tata Docomo SIM and started the phone - BOOM! Switches off. It was like a slap on their face, coz with so much authority and rudeness they were telling its your SIM issue and phone is fine. They tried restarting - again BOOM!. I never knew that I would so ecstatic on seeing my phone crash! ;):p

Anyways, finally they got so embarassed that they stopped giving eye to eye contact also and gave in, and accepted that it might be some short circuit issue with SIM and hence a motherboard problem. And to think that it was the most obvious that it was a hardware issue but the office service guys needed 4 days to realise that shows how inept they are at their work.

But atleast I'm relieved that the problem reproduced in fronta their eyes so they cant deny it any more. I'm just hoping they replace the motherboard and the problem gets solved for good and I get my machine back! :cool:

Thx for hearing this out guys, will keep u posted!
    ^

Hello.

If I upgrade it to the latest using odin, will it void the warranty?

Nope :)
    As long as it's not rooted you can give them an excuse saying Kies did the work :p

Herpderp Adreno + Tegra.
    hello alister

I suggest you remove all the papers and other modifications you tried.
    Then please make a new video and show us how you press the power button after the screen turns black.

I have already removed the paper I put on the battery area since I'm certain it's not a contact problem.

When the device shuts off after I turn it on, I press the power button the same way as I usually do.

---------------------------------------------
    I decided to go to the Service Center today after work. I hope they confirm the problem and hopefully be able to fix it. I will be updating this thread as soon as I can. Thank you for all your inputs.
    I went to service center today. They can not help me because the model is not released here locally. That's why I worry too much. Today my cellphone is a Nokia 2630, I am not happy at all.

Would you please make the same video as before and show us how you click the power button after the screen turns black?
    Trying to help you...
    My First Post here..... i am following your forums from long time.... but never made an effort to post something.... now as i am facing the heat... had to post.... :D

I got my SGR in Dec 2011 first few days ran flawlessly .... then i started getting the taste of it's issues....

The phone hung up suddenly and nothing could get it working again, i needed to remove the battery and insert it again to get the thing working.... Finally i gave it to SCC last week... got the phone repaired... now no issues of phone shutdown....

But now it seems that accelerometer has some issues..... when i turn on auto-rotate the screen always remains in landscape mode... it never goes to portrait.... :(

Which ROM are you using ?

This problem was faced by users when SGR was launched but subsequent updates rectified the problem.

If you are on the current ROM for India(2.3.5) or any custom ROM then you must not face this problem normally.

It could be a software bug, you can try to factory reset / flash the latest ROM for our device it might solve your problem.

Do update on the progress.

Hope this helps. :)