[Q] Help Plz...........N9005(Snapdragon 800) or N9000(Exynos 5420)?

N9005(Snapdragon S800) or N9000(Exynos 5420)?

• Total voters
Search This thread

SK_007

Aug 12, 2010
Islamabad
Hey guys finally the day has come when i will upgrade to a new smartphone and luckily as i am not short on budget i have decided to buy Galaxy Note 3 which i think is the best Android smartphone nowadays......the problem is that in my country both versions are available and i am not sure which version is better so thought what place would be better than XDA to ask this question......i hope you guys will help me in taking the right decision.

Btw N9000($605) is about 30 usd cheaper than N9005($635) which though doesn't matter but i thought i should share this as well with you guys.
(Both are 32 gb variants)

Regards..!!!

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2014
Just watch the N9005, trick little prick if the service provider you're using is on bands 7/17, however the 9005 is a little better hardware wise! I personally don't think you'll noticed the difference!

nxneko

Dec 29, 2012
Orlando
Go 9005.

Firstly, Exynos only excels more in graphics department and its barely any better then what Snapdragon offers. Also the SD model is more widely available & the carrier choice due to FDD-LTE, Which means better longterm rom support between the two models.

Reactions: SK_007

linx1287

Nov 10, 2011
Dhaka
dont worry about the ram difference....they both have 3GB...its how each of the 2 versions reserves certain amounts for the gpu & other systems processes....(not sure of the EXACT things that do this....but i read it here in xda while deciding on the note 3 version myself).... but in my opinion i would suggest you go for the n9005....its a little better in terms of performance...as far as battery is concerned the snapdragon is better as my cousin owns a octa version & mine does considerably better....it has LTE & it has 4k video recording & playback support...something the octa version doesnt....so that means the n9005 is a bit more futureproof than the 9000 PLUS the n9005 has a more active developer support....

jamesmuking5

Aug 3, 2012
Kuching
N900 is Exynos Variant which means the processor is developed by Samsung. The N9005 is Snapdragon Variant which means the processor is developed by Qualcomm. Overall I would prefer the Snapdragon 800 Variant as performance is much more excellent than Samsung's own Exynos.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

SK_007

Aug 12, 2010
Islamabad
dont worry about the ram difference....they both have 3GB...its how each of the 2 versions reserves certain amounts for the gpu & other systems processes....(not sure of the EXACT things that do this....but i read it here in xda while deciding on the note 3 version myself).... but in my opinion i would suggest you go for the n9005....its a little better in terms of performance...as far as battery is concerned the snapdragon is better as my cousin owns a octa version & mine does considerably better....it has LTE & it has 4k video recording & playback support...something the octa version doesnt....so that means the n9005 is a bit more futureproof than the 9000 PLUS the n9005 has a more active developer support....

The last line can be a deal breaker in favor of N9005 as it would be very difficult for me to go for the variant which has considerably less developer support.......so as of now i am leaning towards N9005!

SK_007

Aug 12, 2010
Islamabad
Btw i read somewhere that Samsung might release a patch which will enable all the 8 cores on N9000......is this true can anyone please confirm this?

aydc

Jul 31, 2006
Most Exynos users including me are suffering from poor battery life. N9005 users seem to enjoy 9 hours of screen on time, while me and some other N900 users get 4-5 hours maximum. So I'd say go with N9005.

SK_007

Aug 12, 2010
Islamabad
Most Exynos users including me are suffering from poor battery life. N9005 users seem to enjoy 9 hours of screen on time, while me and some other N900 users get 4-5 hours maximum. So I'd say go with N9005.
And i thought that due to those 4 power saving A7 cores N9000 will have the better battery life lol...........thanks mate for telling me about battery life coz this is one of the primary things which i look for when choosing a smartphone..!!!

ruchirtrehan

Aug 1, 2013
Gurgaon
On my personal usage I had both snapdragon and exynos and eventually end up with keeping exynos for myself and gave snapdragon to my sis as exynos felt a bit snappier overall to me but in few games snapdragon had a slight advantage but the exynos was no less in some games exynos was better, and yes battery sucks with latest firmware update was excellent before so you can expect battery to be fixed with updates and if you have LTE in your country go with snapdragon, exynos makes no sense if you got LTE in your region and better development also goes to snapdragon, also today Samsung might announce something about their exynos processor @Ces and my guess is they will release the hmp which enables all 8 cores, though nothing sure keep an eye, so decide what you need, but in terms of performance pick either of them you wouldn't regret ;)

linx1287

Nov 10, 2011
Dhaka
sorry but the HMP patch to run all 8cores have been scraped a while back...so performance wise snapdragon is better...plus i have 2 exynos variants of samsung products at home...an s4 octa & a note 3 octa....dont know the reason why...but they started to bog down after a few weeks of usage....there arent many apps installed on either device, both rooted by me & debloated & running almost the same setup as my n9005...but mine is still as snappy as it was the day i got it :/ ....the current 5410 & 20 were experiments if you ask me.... i'd say the n9005 is the nobrainer choice when buying note 3

denski101

Jan 7, 2014
The devil's advocate

I'm surprised No one's mentioned how hot the snapdragon version gets under stress! I've never had a handheld device get so hot! No exaggeration, I sometimes worry if I should stop what im doing to allow the phone to cool. My friends exynos note 2 doesnt even get warm. I can attest to the battery life, atm I get 10hrs screen on time which includes reading rss feeds, music and light to medium web browsing. I was always under the impression the exynos version was better on battery, but some users seem to suggest otherwise. I bought the n9005 instead of n9000 because: 1. It was cheaper in my region.
2. To use LTE.
I dont regret buying the snapdragon version, but the performance difference between the two is negligible and the heat
issue really bothers me, so i must vote for the exynos, providing that the battery life isnt noticeably worse.

oh one more thing.. 3g+ is still quite fast and 4g lte is a battery hog, though the speeds are impressive.

Last edited:

ruchirtrehan

Aug 1, 2013
Gurgaon
sorry but the HMP patch to run all 8cores have been scraped a while back...so performance wise snapdragon is better...plus i have 2 exynos variants of samsung products at home...an s4 octa & a note 3 octa....dont know the reason why...but they started to bog down after a few weeks of usage....there arent many apps installed on either device, both rooted by me & debloated & running almost the same setup as my n9005...but mine is still as snappy as it was the day i got it :/ ....the current 5410 & 20 were experiments if you ask me.... i'd say the n9005 is the nobrainer choice when buying note 3

Go and have a look@SamsungExynos on Twitter, and you'll find something as #UnlockExynos which as assumed can be related to HMP, also if there's no HMP I wouldn't really care, I find the 5420 still great, and yeah galaxy s4 5410 that was a serious fail, I threw it out in 2 days of usage coz that 5410 processor was such a bullshi* but that isn't the case with 5420 but still it's own preference and way to think which is good or bad.

linx1287

Nov 10, 2011
Dhaka
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s4_and_note_3_wont_get_true_octacore_update-news-6908.php there mate....that unlockexynos thing that you speak of is probably the processor teaser for S5 which could be 64bit processor.....& S4 octa processor is the absolute pits.....the note 3's octa is a slight improvement...but i would still say the snapdragon is a better overall package....& thus a slightly better choice

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

I'm surprised No one's mentioned how hot the snapdragon version gets under stress! I've never had a handheld device get so hot! No exaggeration, I sometimes worry if I should stop what im doing to allow the phone to cool. My friends exynos note 2 doesnt even get warm. I can attest to the battery life, atm I get 10hrs screen on time which includes reading rss feeds, music and light to medium web browsing. I was always under the impression the exynos version was better on battery, but some users seem to suggest otherwise. I bought the n9005 instead of n9000 because: 1. It was cheaper in my region.
2. To use LTE.
I dont regret buying the snapdragon version, but the performance difference between the two is negligible and the heat
issue really bothers me, so i must vote for the exynos, providing that the battery life isnt noticeably worse.

oh one more thing.. 3g+ is still quite fast and 4g lte is a battery hog, though the speeds are impressive.

sorry mate...but you may have gotten a faulty unit...as my snapdragon barely ever gets hot.....i played real racing 3, gt racing 2 & asphalt 8 nonstop with 100% battery until i drained it to 0% & the phone barely got warm....& as for battery life.....the snapdragon is quite a bit ahead of the exynos...i have 1 in the house so i can tell....also the performance difference may be negligible but its still visible...atleast to me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Go 9005.

Firstly, Exynos only excels more in graphics department and its barely any better then what Snapdragon offers. Also the SD model is more widely available & the carrier choice due to FDD-LTE, Which means better longterm rom support between the two models.
    N900 has 2.66 GB of total RAM
    N9005 has 2.38 GB of total RAM
    the best way i can describe the n9005's audio is Stellar!!! as i said before i have a n9000 at home....there is no difference at all.....the difference existed in the older models like the note 2 & s3...at that time qualcomm didnt really give a damn about audio....thats not true anymore....they stepped up their game since the Snapdragon S4 Pro.....anyone who owned a Z can understand....& the Snapdragon 800 is now trully amazing....if you need further clarification i can provide a link to a very reputed audio site where they were testing n9005 audio quality.....i know exactly how you feel...i also buy phones with their audio quality in mind...as i dont like to carry a 100 things in my pocket...1 device to rule them all :p :p