[ROM][CM11][GT-N7000][4.4.2][DISCUSSION] CyanogenMod 11.0 [OFFICIAL][NIGHTLIES]

Search This thread

The Dork Knight Rises

Mar 20, 2014
Mumbai
samriddhabasu.github.io
This is the OFFICIAL DISCUSSION thread for the Official CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for the Galaxy Note GT-N7000
For the development thread, head here.

CM11-2_zpsf48da89a.jpg

Code:
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, dead cats,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.  
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will break it! :P
 * Act accordingly
 */

Code:
[CENTER][COLOR="Cyan"]IMPORTANT INFORMATION[/COLOR]

I am not supporting that ROM, I am just releasing for if someone wanna give a try to it until nightlies came out. 
Also want to say I do not add any mod to this build, is just native one as CM sources are.

If this thread becomes a mess, I'll stop posting CyanogenMod 11.0

We'll not support users and answer questions from users which:
 Are running a custom kernel
 Have flashed mods
 Modified system files
 Didn't follow our intructions word by word
 Are unfriendly

Even if you tell us that your problem is not related to your custom kernel /mod / magic => I DON'T CARE!
Your mod => your problem![/CENTER]

Code:
[CENTER][COLOR="Cyan"]HOW TO INSTALL[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]First time installing CyanogenMod 11.0 to your Galaxy Note N7000[/COLOR]:

Read known issues ans FAQs
 Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery/TWRP
 Copy Gapps and CM11.0 ZIPs to your Internal/External SDcard
 Boot into Recovery
 Wipe data/factory reset
 Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
 Format System
 Flash CM11.0 zip
 Flash GApps zip from SDCard
 Reboot
 Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
 Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

[COLOR="Red"]Updating from previous version of Cyanogenmod 11.0[/COLOR]:

Copy CM11.0 Zip to your Internal/External SDcard
Flash the ROM
Reboot and enjoy![/CENTER]

SCREENSHOTS
8ajyneja.jpg
a8edutus.jpg

Code:
[CENTER][COLOR="Cyan"]CHANGELOG[/COLOR]:

[COLOR="Red"] 20140220 [/COLOR]:

* Nightlies start rolling out from CyanogenMod Jenkins.

[COLOR="Red"] frantisheq builds[/COLOR]:

* Updated to latest CyanogenMod sources.

[COLOR="Red"]BETA7 20131222[/COLOR]:

[COLOR="Red"]BETA6 20131118[/COLOR]:

* Fixed Videorecording.

[COLOR="Red"]BETA5 20131115[/COLOR]:

* Fixed Root on ART.
* Selinux on permissive mode.
* Lockscreen statusbar transparent (thanks to chasmodo).

[COLOR="Red"]BETA4 20131115[/COLOR]:

* Fixed Brightness and AutoBrightness.

[COLOR="Red"]BETA3 20131114[/COLOR]:

* Fixed CWM Recovery.
* Fixed libsensors.

[COLOR="Red"]BETA2 20131114[/COLOR]:

* Fixed Battery broken.

[COLOR="Red"]BETA1 20131113[/COLOR]:

* First Beta Release.
* Using stock CM kernel.

[/CENTER]

Code:
[CENTER][COLOR="Cyan"]KNOWN BUGS[/COLOR]

- You tell me

[/CENTER]

Code:
[CENTER][COLOR="Cyan"]DOWNLOADS[/COLOR]

[SIZE="5"][URL="http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=n7000"][COLOR="Cyan"][B]NIGHTLIES[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"][URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942"][COLOR="Green"][B]Gapps for 4.4[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]
[/CENTER]

Code:
[CENTER][COLOR="Cyan"] CREDITS[/COLOR]

Cyanogenmod Team
Frantisheq for release older builds

[/CENTER]

Code:
[CENTER][COLOR="Cyan"]SUPPORT[/COLOR]

Android IRC>FreeNode> #cyanogenmod

Don't expect any support if you:
- are not running stock cm-kernel
- have installed any mods
- have modified system files[/CENTER]

(I am not affiliated in any way to Cyanogen Inc. I just got permission from @herna to start this discussion thread for users of the CM11 NIGHTLIES for our GT-N7000 as there was no discussion thread before)

Last edited:

ludoo

Jan 29, 2011
Milano
qix.it
Using nightlies too, apart from phone and sms notifications not clearing themselves when I open the phone/sms app, and the occasional soft reboot after a call (one every few days), it's working great.

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
I tried one of the nightlies and had huge battery drain, over 50% during 1 night (on airplane mode) where I normally only lose 1-2% on the frantisheq built I went back to.

Only issue I have there is that icons in custom folders keep disappearing when I reboot. Somehow apps on the external SD card lose those icons, even though in the app drawer they're still there.

Other than that it's a nice ROM :)

The Dork Knight Rises

Mar 20, 2014
Mumbai
samriddhabasu.github.io
I tried one of the nightlies and had huge battery drain, over 50% during 1 night (on airplane mode) where I normally only lose 1-2% on the frantisheq built I went back to.

Only issue I have there is that icons in custom folders keep disappearing when I reboot. Somehow apps on the external SD card lose those icons, even though in the app drawer they're still there.

Other than that it's a nice ROM :)

Did you do a clean install?? Full wipe, then flash?
Because other users don't seem to have battery issues...

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
OnePlus 3
Did you do a clean install?? Full wipe, then flash?
Because other users don't seem to have battery issues...

Yes I did all that, like I do every time ... no dice, so I'll just stick with the frantisheq built ... no idea if anything important has changed since then anyway :confused:

I don't HAVE to have the newest version at all cost - mine from February works great and (besides the vanishing icons) has no issues at all :)

william_1434

Apr 29, 2012
hi, have anyone had any problems when playing music it stops playing and the only way to get music playing again is to restart the phone?

Reactions: NaAZoOR

Ruben Gomez

Feb 25, 2014
Hi yesterday I posted this in the troubleshooting forum, previously didn't watch this thread. There are some issues that I've found using CM nightlies, some are solved, some aren't, hope can help someone:

Hi all,

I can't write in the official development thread, so I'll post here (BTW eventually I'll get rights to write there). I've been using CM nightlies since one year ago. Started with 10.2 and now I'm using 11.

I've been suffering for a long time an issue that I've finally fixed, from time to time my device was very hot and battery drained very fast, only a reboot helped, looking into Settings > Battery I always find GPSD to be guilt guy, that problem was caused by Google's Android Device Manager, once I disabled the extended permissions in Security > Device Managers, the issue disappeared. I'm putting this here for the record, so maybe other people could find it useful.

Other issues: I tried to use a external microSD card filled with music, but from time to time the card freezes (player won't work, and file explorer apps also can't list directories), after rebooting is ok again.

Another thing, yesterday I updated from some February's nightly to CM-11-20140326-NIGHTLY, and now google's calendar app will FC when agenda view is requested. Also my agenda widgets won't show anything.

Lot of thanks to the developer for his awesome work keeping this great device updated!.

EDIT 3/28: Some people in development thread are reporting that their devices freeze for some seconds, this seems to be related to the lack of trim optimizations, I've also solved this by always having more than 50% of free space in both partitions (internal & external), unfortunately, this means for me that I can't use ART and I must hold to Dalvik, not a big deal anyway. BTW, does anybody else lost icons in Google Now Launcher after every reboot? God I miss Trebuchet....

The Dork Knight Rises

Mar 20, 2014
Mumbai
samriddhabasu.github.io
Yes I did all that, like I do every time ... no dice, so I'll just stick with the frantisheq built ... no idea if anything important has changed since then anyway :confused:

I don't HAVE to have the newest version at all cost - mine from February works great and (besides the vanishing icons) has no issues at all :)

Of course! It's not a problem till you're dissatisfied. :)

Reactions: Nimueh

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
OnePlus 3
BTW, does anybody else lost icons in Google Now Launcher after every reboot? God I miss Trebuchet....

I'm on Trebuchet and have the same issue - it's always just the icons of apps installed on my external SD. Something to do with KitKat not handling those apps too well, under JellyBean I never had that problem :crying:

Reactions: Ruben Gomez

The Dork Knight Rises

Mar 20, 2014
Mumbai
samriddhabasu.github.io
Hi yesterday I posted this in the troubleshooting forum, previously didn't watch this thread. There are some issues that I've found using CM nightlies, some are solved, some aren't, hope can help someone:

Thanks for putting the solution for the battery drain problem up. I'm sure it'll help people!:good:

As for your FC issue, did you do a dirty flash? Try a clean install(full wipe, then flash, remember to backup though!), might solve the problem...:fingers-crossed:

And apparently @Nimueh has the icons dissapearing from Google Now Launcher too...Why don't you try another lightweight launcher? Nova Launcher seems to be a favourite(though I use stock Google Now only)...

Reactions: Nimueh

The Dork Knight Rises

Mar 20, 2014
Mumbai
samriddhabasu.github.io
hi, have anyone had any problems when playing music it stops playing and the only way to get music playing again is to restart the phone?

I read elsewhere that some user solved this problem by formatting SD card(internal and external) to exFAT...You can try that.
But remember to back-up!! Formatting will erase EVERYTHING on memory!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the OFFICIAL DISCUSSION thread for the Official CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for the Galaxy Note GT-N7000
    For the development thread, head here.

CM11-2_zpsf48da89a.jpg

Code:
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, dead cats,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.  
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will break it! :P
     * Act accordingly
     */

Code:
    [CENTER][COLOR="Cyan"]IMPORTANT INFORMATION[/COLOR]

I am not supporting that ROM, I am just releasing for if someone wanna give a try to it until nightlies came out. 
    Also want to say I do not add any mod to this build, is just native one as CM sources are.

If this thread becomes a mess, I'll stop posting CyanogenMod 11.0

We'll not support users and answer questions from users which:
     Are running a custom kernel
     Have flashed mods
     Modified system files
     Didn't follow our intructions word by word
     Are unfriendly

Even if you tell us that your problem is not related to your custom kernel /mod / magic => I DON'T CARE!
    Your mod => your problem![/CENTER]

Code:
    [CENTER][COLOR="Cyan"]HOW TO INSTALL[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]First time installing CyanogenMod 11.0 to your Galaxy Note N7000[/COLOR]:

Read known issues ans FAQs
     Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery/TWRP
     Copy Gapps and CM11.0 ZIPs to your Internal/External SDcard
     Boot into Recovery
     Wipe data/factory reset
     Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
     Format System
     Flash CM11.0 zip
     Flash GApps zip from SDCard
     Reboot
     Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
     Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

[COLOR="Red"]Updating from previous version of Cyanogenmod 11.0[/COLOR]:

Copy CM11.0 Zip to your Internal/External SDcard
    Flash the ROM
    Reboot and enjoy![/CENTER]

SCREENSHOTS
    8ajyneja.jpg
    a8edutus.jpg

Code:
    [CENTER][COLOR="Cyan"]CHANGELOG[/COLOR]:

[COLOR="Red"] 20140220 [/COLOR]:

* Nightlies start rolling out from CyanogenMod Jenkins.

[COLOR="Red"] frantisheq builds[/COLOR]:

[COLOR="Red"]BETA7 20131222[/COLOR]:

[COLOR="Red"]BETA6 20131118[/COLOR]:

* Fixed Videorecording.

[COLOR="Red"]BETA5 20131115[/COLOR]:

* Fixed Root on ART.
    * Selinux on permissive mode.
    * Lockscreen statusbar transparent (thanks to chasmodo).

[COLOR="Red"]BETA4 20131115[/COLOR]:

* Fixed Brightness and AutoBrightness.

[COLOR="Red"]BETA3 20131114[/COLOR]:

* Fixed CWM Recovery.
    * Fixed libsensors.

[COLOR="Red"]BETA2 20131114[/COLOR]:

* Fixed Battery broken.

[COLOR="Red"]BETA1 20131113[/COLOR]:

* First Beta Release.
    * Using stock CM kernel.

[/CENTER]

Code:
    [CENTER][COLOR="Cyan"]KNOWN BUGS[/COLOR]

- You tell me

[/CENTER]

Code:
    [CENTER][COLOR="Cyan"]DOWNLOADS[/COLOR]

[SIZE="5"][URL="http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=n7000"][COLOR="Cyan"][B]NIGHTLIES[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"][URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942"][COLOR="Green"][B]Gapps for 4.4[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

Code:
    [CENTER][COLOR="Cyan"] CREDITS[/COLOR]

Cyanogenmod Team
    Frantisheq for release older builds

[/CENTER]

Code:
    [CENTER][COLOR="Cyan"]SUPPORT[/COLOR]

Android IRC>FreeNode> #cyanogenmod

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files[/CENTER]

(I am not affiliated in any way to Cyanogen Inc. I just got permission from @herna to start this discussion thread for users of the CM11 NIGHTLIES for our GT-N7000 as there was no discussion thread before)
    Thanks pal for this info. I think its you who suggested the code edits... Hope to see new nighties soon... Can you share if we can download the ROM from repository...

Code merged! :D

I think new nightly can download after a few hours.:D
    Why is there a poll: "Is CyanogenMod the best custom ROM, in your opinion?" ?
    How is the performance of cm11 on n7000? Any lags or bugs?

There is no lag actually it runs very fast and smooth. Opening apps and apps and apps and still not a bit lag at all, switching between apps and still not a bit lag at all. If you wanna experience 4.4.4 Kitkat with it's best then I would suggest you to flash this rom but know that you won't have the same battery as the stock samsung roms i.e latest 4.1.2 JellyBean. 1% of battery drops every 8 minutes or less while listening to music, watching videos on Youtube results the same too so overall this rom has everything but touchwiz launcher and samsung's stock rom battery life :) And for bugs there was only one that occured: system.ui stopped working. Factory resetting the phone fixed it somehow as I wasn't facing the bug anymore.