FROYO on your PC

Search This thread

tomlogan1

Oct 29, 2007
All of the developments here around Froyo are very exciting, and now, as if there's not enough to play with, here's a link to a site that will allow you to run Froyo on your PC: http://www.android-x86.org/documents/installhowto.

Why on your PC? Why not? I downloaded a VMware version of Froyo, installed it on a USB drive and it actually boots! I can get to my WIFI and looks like a great way to fool around.

This probably should be in the general Android forum, but I thought Attn1 might get a kick out of it, so I put it here. Sorry moderator if I screwed up.

mjkjr

Nov 17, 2010
This is awesome!! I can't wait to get home and try this out on my laptop. I'd 'Thank' you but I don't see how to do so in this forum.

jaboswell

Feb 23, 2009
Richmond
Are you all trying this on a laptop,netbook,or desktop. I have windows 7 and Ubuntu 9.04 right now, dual-core 2.03ghz,3gb ram, 1gb pci-e 9400GT Nvidia Gforce w HDMI.
Wondering if it will support my HDMI output.

Sent from my Htc Incredible using XDA App

orateam

Jun 20, 2005
Orlando
I tied the 3 "unstable" releases.

the 2010816 donutx86 did not work for me.
the froyo-vm-2010081.iso did work for me through the linux usb disk boot creator
the froyo-x86 image for Vivl S5 didnot work for me.

It was laggy and a pain if you intend to multi-boot with windows. But we tinkerers try it all.

If your interested in cool things, Mac OSX on your PC's can be done. ALready got my crappy Gateway NV53 dual booting Snow Leopard with the help of this site-> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=224633

Ithink i'll be much more excited about honeycomb for x86. That OS is supposed to have a to of desktop like features.

ErOR22

Sep 22, 2010
New Zealand
Awesome!

I installed the latest nightly build in VMWare and it works great, pretty fast too.

This is my first longer then 5min experience with android and I'm kind of lost right now but I'll play around, I know linux so the terminal on android is quite cool.

How come the app store is not the official one?

Top Liked Posts