20th March 2013, 12:03 AM |#11  
Flag Rosario
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Re: [APP][2.2+] DriveDroid - host ISO/IMG files to boot your PC from
Thanks
Thanks
Thanks

Ans one more petition , is there anyone kind enough to ask to derteufel the dev on this thread [ROM] Helly_Bean [4.2.2] [nightly builds] -i9000B at website now! ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2012061
) to add the patch for cdrom on his kernel, i would do it my self but i cant post on devs section

Thanks

Enviado desde mi GT-I9000B usando Tapatalk 2
20th March 2013, 02:42 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Frozen,

Thank you for the app! I always felt my phone should be able to replace the USB sticks I have laying around. I saw the article on Lifehacker about DriveDroid and had to have it. And while I've been unsuccessful getting it to work on my GNex or my OG Droid, I've still purchased the app because of the way you're handling yourself on the forums. You're responsive, friendly, and I hope you can continue to be so when your app explodes in popularity even further.

And it always helps having assistance from the XDA community.

Edit: It may also be debugging is my problem since that's on both of my phones and I just now read that could be causing issues.
21st March 2013, 12:10 AM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 927

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diosemperador

Thanks
Thanks
Thanks

Thanks!
Quote:

Ans one more petition , is there anyone kind enough to ask to derteufel the dev on this thread [ROM] Helly_Bean [4.2.2] [nightly builds] -i9000B at website now! ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2012061
) to add the patch for cdrom on his kernel, i would do it my self but i cant post on devs section

I've done a post there. We'll see what happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixtheII

Thank you for the app! I always felt my phone should be able to replace the USB sticks I have laying around. I saw the article on Lifehacker about DriveDroid and had to have it. And while I've been unsuccessful getting it to work on my GNex or my OG Droid, I've still purchased the app because of the way you're handling yourself on the forums. You're responsive, friendly, and I hope you can continue to be so when your app explodes in popularity even further.

It's too bad it's not working for everyone yet, but I'm pretty confident the next version will work for a lot of people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixtheII

And it always helps having assistance from the XDA community.

Yes indeed, that was the main purpose of this thread + to focus discussion more. Email works too for a bit, but it's becoming hard to keep up :-/.
The Following User Says Thank You to FrozenCow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FrozenCow Ad-Free
21st March 2013, 02:39 AM |#14  
Flag Rosario

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenCow

Thanks!

I've done a post there. We'll see what happens.

Thanks again , just came from there and the dev already confirm that he has merged your patch in the kernel for future updates !

Enviado desde mi GT-I9000B usando Tapatalk 2
21st March 2013, 03:46 AM |#15  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks again , just came from there and the dev already confirm that he has merged your patch in the kernel for future updates !

Hah, indeed I see. Cool to see that it already was in there. I guess more rom-devs use CyanogenMod's patches. Now we'll just have to wait for a release so that more people will be able to use the CDrom feature and we'll have some more real-world testing.
The Following User Says Thank You to FrozenCow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FrozenCow Ad-Free
21st March 2013, 04:06 AM |#16  
Flag Montréal
Thanks Meter: 730

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Wow, this is sick... I hope I will be able to test that soon!
Really a cool idea!
Continu the good work!!!

[EDIT]
SliTaz boot on S5830d running firekernel and CM7based rom... will probably try to convert an WinPE to hybrid tomorrow at work and test... But omg I want to get my sgs back for real iso :P
Do you think your patch can be apply to CM7 kernel ? If its the case I may post in few thread.....

[EDIT2]
WinPE in 2 minutes..cool.. build the file is even faster than burning a cd. That procedure on your website is very usefull as a guideline
21st March 2013, 07:46 AM |#17  

More
Hi,

I've forked and patched boeffla's kernel for GS3 compiled and now I can boot CD's and USB sticks from my phone. Not bad for my first attempt with a kernel.

Being new to github how do I post the patches for boeffla to merge with his kernel? As his kernel is based on Samsung Stock Kernel, is there a Github somewhere that all GS3 Dev's use that I could post the patches too?

I'll post an odin tar file for anyone who wants to try it when I get into work later.
Edit: And Heres the Link http://goo.gl/la909

Thanks Frozen for a great app.

Kevin

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
21st March 2013, 08:42 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentbob999

SliTaz boot on S5830d running firekernel and CM7based rom... will probably try to convert an WinPE to hybrid tomorrow at work and test... But omg I want to get my sgs back for real iso :P
Do you think your patch can be apply to CM7 kernel ? If its the case I may post in few thread.....

I think it's possible to apply the patch to CM7 as-is (without conflicts), but I don't know for sure. The changes aren't that big and are applied to kernel code that shouldn't be changed much. However some device manufacturers do think it's needed to change the code in there, so I can never be sure :P.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentbob999

WinPE in 2 minutes..cool.. build the file is even faster than burning a cd. That procedure on your website is very usefull as a guideline

nice! Good to hear the procedure is helping people. I need to do a post about UEFI too, could be useful too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjtaylor13

Hi,
I've forked and patched boeffla's kernel for GS3 compiled and now I can boot CD's and USB sticks from my phone. Not bad for my first attempt with a kernel.

Being new to github how do I post the patches for boeffla to merge with his kernel? As his kernel is based on Samsung Stock Kernel, is there a
Github somewhere that all GS3 Dev's use that I could post the patches too?

Nice job. Well, I've been looking for something like this too. But I think Samsung just 'publishes' their kernel source as tars somewhere. No way to have input it seems. Where you want to apply this patch is at boeffla, CyanogenMod or Google. Since Samsung is basing their kernel on Google's (at least I think so), I think the ultimate goal is to let the patches be accepted by Google. I've looked at the process of doing this, but it involves quite some people. I first want to make sure these patches are tested on a number of devices (by applying the patches to popular custom roms first).

Anyway, Boeffla's account is available here: https://github.com/andip71
Fork one of his kernels (I'm not sure which one you're using), so that you have your own repository of his code. Now you can pull from your repository, apply the patch, commit and push to your repository (with git). Once pushed you can do a 'pull request' through github on the webpage of your repository. Github has quite a lot of information about how to do things here: https://help.github.com/

If you need help, feel free to ask or join me on IRC.
21st March 2013, 09:59 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Hi kjtaylor13,

Thanks for the work. Witch Boeffla's version did you patched?

I'm used to run stock kernel or since his last firmware update, Wanam's Adam kernel that runs fine, except the author is not eager to mod the kernel too much --in his perspective to give us John "half-geek" Doe the best without too many settings hassle, it's perfectly understandable.

But this idea of hosting and launching real ISO is very exciting.
22nd March 2013, 07:44 PM |#20  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenCow;

Anyway, Boeffla's account is available here: [url

https://github.com/andip71[/url]
Fork one of his kernels (I'm not sure which one you're using), so that you have your own repository of his code. Now you can pull from your repository, apply the patch, commit and push to your repository (with git). Once pushed you can do a 'pull request' through github on the webpage of your repository. Github has quite a lot of information about how to do things here: https://help.github.com/

If you need help, feel free to ask or join me on IRC.

Thanks, did a pull request on github so just waiting to see if it's accepted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoot Allures

Hi kjtaylor13,

Thanks for the work. Witch Boeffla's version did you patched?

I used the latest kernel from his website / github, it was 2.9 I was already using it as my kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to kjtaylor13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kjtaylor13 Ad-Free
22nd March 2013, 08:21 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
So the last one I got.

Thanks, mate, I'll try as soon as possible.

EDIT: seems to work, yeah! Fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zoot Allures For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zoot Allures Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
drivedroid, img, linux, ums, usb

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)