[ROM][8/11/2012] Strike! - AOSP Speed FTW ~

Search This thread

iamonyx

Apr 22, 2008
Los Angeles
this rom is stupidly quick. i love it.

is anyone else having problems though with typing? some reason i'm noticing that when using the keyboard, i am making a lot of typos and have to type really slow. i know i'm not drunk >_> but even when making sure to type very precise, it seems like it misses letters. i am having a hard time explaining this, but has anyone else noticed any similar problems?

using 1.0.2 with masons 15

aheeejd

this rom is stupidly quick. i love it.

is anyone else having problems though with typing? some reason i'm noticing that when using the keyboard, i am making a lot of typos and have to type really slow. i know i'm not drunk >_> but even when making sure to type very precise, it seems like it misses letters. i am having a hard time explaining this, but has anyone else noticed any similar problems?

using 1.0.2 with masons 15

I have experienced this, it will settle, always does. It almost seems to happen after a kernel flash or starting a2sd, something like that. I only know that it will eventually settle in for you.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

Reactions: iamonyx

iamonyx

Apr 22, 2008
Los Angeles
I have experienced this, it will settle, always does. It almost seems to happen after a kernel flash or starting a2sd, something like that. I only know that it will eventually settle in for you.

ah okay awesome :D just never experienced that with a rom before on stock keyboard. i have seen a lot of issues recently with swiftkey 3 on ICS and it missing letters i hit or just randomly closing the keyboard. which sucks because i loved swiftkey x when i was still using gingerbread.

thelogman

Jan 27, 2012
Could be your router......WiFi working just fine over here :)

Try resetting your router, if not......try to download ROM Toolbox and lower your WiFi scan interval to about 45, reboot and see if that doesn't help BUT it sounds like you might need to get a new router here soon :)

Okay so I returned my new router bought another one set it up reflashed rom set phone 2 inches from router and I get 1 bar of wifi signal and 1 bar of cellular service.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app

ice3bills

Feb 16, 2011
So Cal
Awesome ROM. It is crazy fast. The only thing I have had a problem with is when ever the phone reboots I loose all my settings.

css911

May 13, 2010
Hey savoca...been running this since day 1 and loving the speed and stability.

I flashed the new update, and I may be crazy, but I can't seem to add buttons to the quikwidgets. I don't even see the options. I suspect it could be something from the on-screen buttons mod cutting off the option to add but I'm not sure. If you confirm its working I'll just wipe and reflash again. Thanks for the great rom!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Pull down notification bar and swipe to the left.

Goatshaver

Apr 29, 2012
I'm still on 1.0.1 still but I was using Apollo player and the equalizer didn't seem to work at all no matter what I did with it.

Will a dsp equalizer or beats be added?

roxicodine

Feb 1, 2012
North Las Vegas
I didnt get an answer on the A2SD problem. It runs really slow with two apps integrated. Should I not move app cache to the app? Should i just move the apks and it will keep running fast? Since I did that my phone has been running slow /:

savoca

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2011
Pasadena
downloads.codefi.re
Google Pixel 7
I didnt get an answer on the A2SD problem. It runs really slow with two apps integrated. Should I not move app cache to the app? Should i just move the apks and it will keep running fast? Since I did that my phone has been running slow /:

I wouldn't move cache, and if ore installing another kernel I can't really help you I test and only use the included kernel.

roxicodine

Feb 1, 2012
North Las Vegas
I wouldn't move cache, and if ore installing another kernel I can't really help you I test and only use the included kernel.

Not at first, play around with it if you're on a new kernel.

Can you tell my why there is two google voice things?
5RcDn.png

oodork123

Nov 28, 2011
West Palm Beach, FL
You know, after using ics roms, they tend to slow down after using a while. But not this rom after 3days with this rom (haven't update yet) is still running like champ going on a strike. Great job Sova, I like the stock launcher :p.

that stoner at Circle K

KevinGee

Feb 3, 2012
Los Angeles
Is there a way i can get the wallpapers that come with this rom? I love all of them.
Im asking because currently im not using this as my daily, but im wondnering if i can get the wallpapers that are included here

Last edited:

oodork123

Nov 28, 2011
West Palm Beach, FL
Is there a way i can get the wallpapers that come with this rom? I love all of them.
Im asking because currently im not using this as my daily, but im wondnering if i can get the wallpapers that are included here

Which ones? And also has anyone came across when your playing music, your texting and music sounds and all stops working? No sounds were working at all but I wiped cache and delvik cache fix permissions and that seemed to fix the problem.

that stoner at Circle K

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nq5su.png

Features:
    -Pure ICS build, fast, stable, and I'm not lying when I say that. This will fly.
    -Stable UI, OS
    -MMS (YRMV)
    -RAM/Performance Tweaks
    -Jellybean Imports (Animations, Wallpapers, etc.)
    -Tweaks
    -Lockscreen Mod (GB, Honeycomb, Eclair)

Bugs:
    -4G
    -Front-Facing Camera
    -You tell me

Credits:
    -Lithid
    -preludedrew
    -Mazda

Screenshots:
    Z6Vue.jpg
    XZDYX.jpg

qqxd3.png
    YOMoo.jpg

KxKb8.jpg
    LVPV3.jpg
    yZA9z.jpg

Changelog:
    Code:
    [1.0.3]
    -Removed Launcher preferences from Settings (Enabled in launcher)
    -Modified default workspace
    -Renamed Toolbox app

[1.0.2]
    -Replaced Launcher2 with Trebuchet
    -Added Trebuchet preferences's activity to Settings.apk
    -Added Development, DSPManager, both accessible through Settings.apk
    -Added Terminal Emulator
    -Added Team DIRT Wallpaper app

[1.0.1]
    -Added Themes functionality
    -Removed duplicate default wallpaper
    -Edited Torch.apk
    -Cleaned up build.prop

Code:
    GPL Compliance
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/Evervolv/android_kernel_htc_qsd8k

Download!
    strike-supersonic_1.0.3

Disclaimer: Not responsible if you break your phone blah blah.
    reserve

I hate you ^
    This ROM was my daily driver for months, then last week I decided to experiment with ap2sd and broke my ROM.

Instead of loading a backup, I flashed a JB ROM, and I have not looked back since.

Savoca did a great job with Strike!.

If you value stability and battery consumption, his Strike! ROM is second to none. It's also a great performer.

I'm currently happy with JB, and if I have any issues, I'll probably revert back to Strike!.

It's a pity Savoca won't be updating it to 4.2, and I wish he changes his mind eventually. Others, like MazWoz, have shown our Evos have no problems running it. If anything, we need 4.2 now more than ever because of the increased performance it brings to the hardware.

And on that glorious note. 4.2.2 Strike is in the works.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
    As it may be obvious I haven't touched the EVO in some time, I'm getting into developing apps right now and I haven't touched source in a bit. I haven't forgot about you, so don't forget about Strike, I haven't updated it to 4.2+ and I may not. I can't imagine holding the title of a fast ROM running on a phone that just simply cannot power up to what 4.2+ delivers.
    Ah gonna have to try this one!!!! Good to see you back at it. Any a2sd here?

Yes A2SD is built in.....just download the terminal app, type in su...hit allow and then a2sd check and it will give you a list of commands to choose from

1htsl.png
    dy506q.png