FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Regarding 30FPS Issues this is what I got from HTC

65 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By fazzy, Member on 22nd June 2010, 06:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Regarding 30FPS Issues this is what I got from HTC can somebody tell WTF should I reply them back

Dear Faisal Ali,

Dear Faisal, Since the HTC EVO 4G employs a unique HDMI output to deliver video in HD quality to an external display, the hardware graphics driver interface on the HTC EVO 4G uses significant resources for the HDMI output and therefore displays graphics at 30 frames per second on the integrated display. This is a hardware, and not a software, limitation. It’s important to keep in mind that content including most movies and television, are created to run at between 24 and 30 frames per second. The 30FPS is a hardware limitation. We have found that some games may be impacted by this limitation. If you have any other questions or concerns please Reply back to this email or give us a call at our HTC Technical Support Line, 1-866-449-8358. I want to thank you for contacting HTC.

Sincerely,

Lindsay

HTC

22nd June 2010, 06:32 PM |#2  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 11

More
ugh.. What if I DONT want to use the HDMI... I never will...
22nd June 2010, 06:34 PM |#3  
Flag Yokohama
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Makes perfect sense to me, I don't think TV's will play the video if it is over 60i/30p. But I'd like to have the option anyway. Hell, if I could record 480p at 120fps that would be great... because then I could get some cool slo-mo videos. By the same token, it would also be nice to hack it to get 1080@15fps or something like that. On my HD Cam I can pull any frame and use it as a nice photo - good for up to 8x10 prints or for the web. Hard to miss a shot that way.

I think that's what we'd all like, flexibility.
22nd June 2010, 06:36 PM |#4  
Flag Yokohama
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrnight

ugh.. What if I DONT want to use the HDMI... I never will...

I definitely will, and have. Take video to family get-togethers and you can just jack into their TV for all to see. Terribly convenient.
22nd June 2010, 07:48 PM |#5  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I cant even find the Cables for the type d plug..
22nd June 2010, 08:02 PM |#6  
chicago
Thanks Meter: 10

More
i wonder if the droid X will be the same, it also has an HDMI out

anyway this shouldn't be under accessories i think...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)