{SP}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM10.2 - Android 4.3 - FreeXperia Project

Search This thread

geek85

Feb 5, 2009
CM11 (Android 4.4 in fact) has issues with widgets, and with exchange accounts. there is possibly other issues but I didn't investigate more than these two...

adfad666

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 29, 2011
FXP312 for Cyanogenmod 10.2 will have new kernel sources, and new proprietary files taken from the Android 4.3 release.

This is a big change, almost like we are starting from the beginning so there will be some things fixed, but there may also be some new bugs and some things that worked before but don't work after the update as I can't test everything myself in just a couple of days.

I've tested most things, but only briefly, eg for Bluetooth I just connected it to my tablet so you'll need to check your own uses.

I recommend to keep the version you currently use on your SDCard in case you find something is broken that you need and you can quickly revert back.

tombassi

Nov 18, 2011
Al Fashir
Anyone tried fxp312 already?

yes , just flashed and it's working well my first notice is the great fxp logo in kernel and very good touch response also smooth and very fast , big thanks FXP ,
notice :
I was not able to enter recovery when flashed the kernel before the rom so from where you are just wipe completely and flash the rom then power off and fastboot the kernel .
torch and camera flash are broken

Last edited:

OsoAlgo

Dec 31, 2012
yes , just flashed and it's working well my first notice is the great fxp logo in kernel and very good touch response also smooth and very fast , big thanks FXP ,
notice :
I was not able to enter recovery when flashed the kernel before the rom so from where you are just wipe completely and flash the rom then power off and fastboot the kernel .

Are you able to enter recovery now? It would be a little inconvenient if you can't.

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app

danielhariri

Aug 27, 2013
notice :

try this.. keep tapping build number.. go to developer setting.. then tick adv reboot.. hold power, tap restart then tap recovery.. :D

pec0ra

Jan 29, 2012
Zürich
Sony Xperia 5 II
New version unfortunately didn't solve the battery drain. My phone can't enter in deep sleep.

The rest seems to be working fine so far. Touch sensitivity isn't increased but that was never a problem for me. I used Bluetooth and nfc with my headset and it worked fine !

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Ze Tolas

Sep 16, 2011
New version unfortunately didn't solve the battery drain. My phone can't enter in deep sleep.

The rest seems to be working fine so far. Touch sensitivity isn't increased but that was never a problem for me. I used Bluetooth and nfc with my headset and it worked fine !

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Strange, because here FXP312 apparently fixed battery drain, looks better then previous one.

adfad666

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 29, 2011
A service is missing in the init files in FXP312 which adds a security config to the kernel. This unfortunately means the kernel is constantly waiting for the security config and doesn't enter deep sleep.

I'm adding an updated ROM for you to test out. It won't fix recovery button or camera light, but it'll give you deep sleep and better GPS. :cowboy:

http://d-h.st/uAr

Also I have a Question: what's the typical battery life on stock ROM? I've totally forgotten, Today on CM10.2 I was down to 80% after 6 hours on H/H+ networks, minimal usage. Is that comparable to stock or do I need to work on it?

peters.

Oct 10, 2011
2 days on stock with moderate usage are normal.. (1.5 - 2h display time, 30min calls)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HOLY BATMAN I just made a HUGE discovery!!!

I was cleaning up some code this weekend and I noticed we have some power saving features like background WiFi scanning disabled.

I activated them on a test build.

for me, battery usually drops 20% every 6 hours. With this test build it dropped 25% in 14 hours.

That's an incredible difference!

I'm gonna keep testing over the next few days, if all is good I'll get it put into next week's FXP build.
    FXP312 for Cyanogenmod 10.2 will have new kernel sources, and new proprietary files taken from the Android 4.3 release.

This is a big change, almost like we are starting from the beginning so there will be some things fixed, but there may also be some new bugs and some things that worked before but don't work after the update as I can't test everything myself in just a couple of days.

I've tested most things, but only briefly, eg for Bluetooth I just connected it to my tablet so you'll need to check your own uses.

I recommend to keep the version you currently use on your SDCard in case you find something is broken that you need and you can quickly revert back.
    A service is missing in the init files in FXP312 which adds a security config to the kernel. This unfortunately means the kernel is constantly waiting for the security config and doesn't enter deep sleep.

I'm adding an updated ROM for you to test out. It won't fix recovery button or camera light, but it'll give you deep sleep and better GPS. :cowboy:

http://d-h.st/uAr

Also I have a Question: what's the typical battery life on stock ROM? I've totally forgotten, Today on CM10.2 I was down to 80% after 6 hours on H/H+ networks, minimal usage. Is that comparable to stock or do I need to work on it?
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

XDA:DevDB Information
    {SP}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM10.2 - Android 4.3 - FreeXperia Project, a ROM for the Sony Xperia SP

Contributors
    FXP, uberlaggydarwin, Kali-, adfad666

Version Information

Created 2014-01-06
    Last Updated 2014-01-09
    Please fix offline charging... It's already the third time my phone died and I need to change kernels to be able to recharge it which is so annoying.

Or, you know, don't let it die. You can switch it off before letting it die you know.

We'll get to it, one day, but dirty demands like that don't encourage us. You could of course sponsor that feature!