[NIGHTLY][2.3.7][UPDATED 17/01] CyanogenMod 7.2 for Huawei U8150 [UNNOFFICIAL]

Would you like the text at the top or bottom of the boot animation?

Votes: 105 40.9%
  • Bottom

Votes: 152 59.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

aorth

Nov 10, 2010
Nairobi, Kenya
mjanja.ch
Reactions: andrewjumba

e8hffff

Dec 28, 2010
Try editing manualy wpa_supplicant.conf in /data/misc/wifi using any root file browser.

sent from my U8150 using my thumb!

Thanks heaps. That works. It had eth0 instead of wlan0 as the interface.

To edit the file i used ESExplorer and put it in root mode, and set the home directory to '/' . I could then goto the /data/misc/wifi directory and edit the file.

Cheers.

Reactions: andrewjumba

drayln

Oct 4, 2011
Wifi issue with this ROM

Hi guys. I posted in another post about this issue for this ROM. Things looked great and thank you very much for all the effort. My issue was i also could not get wifi to stay connected with this ROM. I am using es file explorer. Could someone please direct me to the file location for the fix for the wifi issue? Thank you very much. I also would like to ask about SD card partitioning. I have a 8gb scandisk and partitioned to 4096 using ROMmanager. What is the best size to use for a 8gb card? Is there a way to use a SD card to increase internal memory(like you can in windows) besides just moving apps over to SD card? Thank you in advance and I apologize for so many noob questions.

I reflashed to stock ROM, Installed DroniX 0.6 RAW, then Wiped settings and Cache, and flashed to CM7.2. Fixed the WIFI issues and no longer have to toggle USB tethering to access SD card as i did in DroniX 0.6. I love the ROM. Did auidiofix 12 as well so sound issues fixed. I am still unsure about the partition stuff though. I just decided to unpartition my SD card and that is how I have it now. I thought maybe that it would add some internal memory to the phone somehow but that doesn't seem to be how it works. Hope this helps anyone else that may try to use the ROM.

Last edited:

tinypadfoot

Mar 28, 2012
Thanks!!

Thanks so much for the Tethering tips!! This fixed my USB prob with Win7 too!! Thanks guys!!

Bless you all!:good::highfive:;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread has been depreciated.

Please go to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1456890 for the latest info and nightlies.

Accomplishments:
    -Overclocked Kernel by tilal6991
    -Stripped FROYO rom
    -Booting Gingerbread rom / AOSP & CYANOGEN

Dev Teams Rom V2 FROYO
    Newer base! ;)
    Please Update Git
    Ripped (So GAPPS package will be an option)

Change Log
    *ROOT
    *Rom Manager, File Manager, ADW launcher
    *Newer base from march
    *Nexus bootscreen

Removed
    *GAPPS
    *Launcher2
    All the changelogs and known issues are now at our new blog here!!!!!!!
    December 5th nightly (CyanogenMod 7.2)

Here's a new nightly, up to date with latest upstream CyanogenMod sources as of December 5, 2011. Also, I'm testing new libs in this build and I'd appreciate feedback. n00bs need not apply.

What's new/fixed:
    • Mounting the SD card over USB
    • Overclocking
    • Barcode Scanner works (using tilal's fix, of course)
    • ROM Manager 4.8.0.6
    • Kernel Supports ext3/ext4 (should fix link2sd problems)
    • I bet nobody read this, and will ask a million times if it supports overclocking... :)
    What's not fixed:
    • Camera still takes 2 megapixel pictures. This appears to be the maximum the U8150 camera hardware supports, information about the U8150's camera sensor. I can't explain why the stock firmware takes 3mp pictures, but it appears they're upscaling them, not taking "true" 3mp.
    • Audio is still distorted when it is very loud.

How to flash*:
    1. Flash ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.7 (instructions). UltraJack won't work.
    2. Do a nandroid backup from ClockworkMod Recovery
    3. Wipe data/factory reset
    4. Flash update from sdcard
    5. Full reboot!
    6. Flash Google Apps from ClockworkMod Recovery (optional)

Download ROM: update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-U8150-KANG-signed-dec5.zip (md5sum: 245615517569263c37364b0460425e6d)
    ClockworkMod Recovery: clockworkmod_5.0.2.7_u8150.img (md5sum: c59673d5aa926d94227857e51fbe9e2c)
    Google Apps: gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip (md5sum: 1647897d8ac3efb04723d2ad2c361a3f)

*failure to follow instructions has been shown to result in baldness in both men AND women. Flash at your own risk. It is your own responsibility to backup your applications, settings, phone numbers, etc.

Beta testers should look out (and provide feedback) for:
    • I switched to CyanogenMod's libril, liblights, libcopybit rather than using local versions in our device tree. The reasoning was that if the local ones work as well as the CM ones, there is no need to complicate our device tree just because "it works." CyanogenMod's maintainers maintain/update the CM hardware libs, so we'll let them do it.
    • Audio. I switched to psyke83's libaudio. We are already using a local libaudio override in our device tree, but right now we're using one from tas0s U8120 build. From speaking to psyke I learned that his code is newer, and contains fixes from the CodeAurora Forum. We had tried his code before but it didn't compile because of an error in the FM-related ifdef logic. We fixed the compile bug last night and the audio seems to work no less better than the U8120 audio.

Have fun!
    January 17, 2012 Nightly

Alon can you please post a newer build of cm 7 which incorporates light sensor.

Thank you

Yep, I tried to post one yesterday but XDA was down to show their disapproval of controversial Internet censorship legislation in the USA. I posted the download link on Twitter, so a few lucky people saw it. ;)

Here you go: update-cm-7.2-nightly-Jan17-u8150.zip (md5sum: 9a608be48402fd3d26c534fdb1597296)

It has the "working" auto brightness, a new kernel with a kernel panic fix, some touchscreen fixes, and dithering on by default (a bit nicer colors, especially grays).

Cheers!