[ROM][EP1W][CWM]GummyCharged GBE 2.0RC1.5 9/13/2011

Search This thread

syaoran12

Jun 25, 2010
Gummy CHARGED GBE

Rev your Charge up and get ready cause this things fast!!!
sc20110910172213.png

Notes:

* This is an RC release it is only the base of what will be the complete release of GBE... That means it does not include any tweaks or the toolbox or TSM.. All of which will come to this ROM

*While it is not needed, it is recommended that you install EP1W radios

* Please Wipe Data regardless of what ROM you come from

Do not use themes from previous GBE releases you will get a bootloop

Select Settings-->Display settings-->Unlock screen-->Glass unlock to get incoming calls to show up with the AOSP lockscreen slider rather than the puzzle crap

AppWidgetPicker causes issues with The Power Control widget (not the one in the dropdown) if you use this widget put it in place and on next reboot and it will no longer be blank...

TeamGummy
Primary Dev and project lead - Kejar31
Smali Guru - Dev - Syaoran12
Kernel Dev - IMoseyON
Java Dev - Turlz
Official Artist - Daank
Official Themer - Gunnermike53
Forums support - Hazard209

FABOLOUS for allowing me to use his Server to host Gummy Charged and letting me use his toolbox script to make mine!!! :)
Thanks to B16 for letting me post on his servers
Thanks to Teamdouche for publicly posting the CM source, which I compiled some of my apps from
Thanks to Superteam and Dustin Jorge as Gummy-Laucher2 was forked from and based on their work

I also want to put out a special thanks to IMNUTS (which CWM we are using in this release) for all his help

Features:
- Most all apps were built from source.... rather that decompiled and hacked apps via APKmanager!!!!! To do this I took the CM7 source trees and reworked the framework to allow apps to properly find resources after they were compiled.
- New Base built on top of EP1W
- The only apps left from TW are Dialer, Contacts and Camera
- AppWidgetPicker - built byboombuler
- Ads blocked via hosts file -thanks to delta_foxtrot2
- 1% battery increments built in (Icons made by TeamGummy)
- Themed Dialer, Contacts, Task Manager by me to integrate into the stock GB look and feel
- AOSP lockscreen
- Reboot options (recovery and Download)
- Overscroll Glow
- Screen off animation
- DSPManager included!
- Imoseyon Kernel with voodoo lagfix and init.d support
- Custom Launcher2 with extra hotseats and speed tweaks (lightest fastest laucher you will ever use)

ToolBox:Not Included in RC Buids
-install removed TW apps:
MediaHub
TW Email
Visual Voice Mail
AllShare
TW Calculator
TW Video Player​
-Add and remove Ads
-Install Themes:
Gummy Pink
GummyBlue
GummyRed
GummyYellow
GummyComb - many images were used from HoneyBread so I want to make sure I give that author credit (haxzamatic - you da man!)
Black Alian
Pinkie​

More to come...

Known Issues:
1. Battery history is not working ( FC if you try to access it from SpareParts)

Disclaimer:
I nor anyone in TeamGummy take any responsibility for what this ROM or its tools may do to your phone.

Download:

MD5SUM
42b95bbb49a734ab2504dfbf43960a31

GummyCharged GBE 2.0 RC1.5 CWM

Updates:

-Streaming audio fix is implemented
-Updated theme defualt theme
-New Market
-Fixed Voice Search
-Removed wording on dropdown power widgets - credit confuscius

-HDMI out is fixed
-Browser is fixed - We are now using the AOSP one
-Quadrant score is back up to 1200~1600
-Misc audio quirks are fixed

-Updated parts of the base to EP1H but the framework and TW apps are still EP1f based
-Imoseyon tweaks are now implemented thanks to IMNUTS new kernel that allows init.d scripting
-New radios are now included from EP1H
-minor theme fixes

1.9RC1

-Updated the base to EP1Q

1.9RC2.3

-Completely reworked the dialer it is now based on the dialer from the fascinate so we no longer have to go into a separate app to access contacts
-Re-added Black Gtalk
-Updated Youtube to the latest version
-Misc fixes and cleanup

2.0 RC1

-Based on EP1W
-Completely rebuilt from the top to bottom with more bug fixes than I can put in one post
-Gummy-Laucher2 added
-Imoseyon 2.0.4 kernel
-This will be included as a CWM install only at this time..

2.0 RC1.1

-Updated Busybox and imosyons kernel to fix conversion issues

2.0 RC1.2

-Fixed Market issues (this requires a data wipe, sorry)

2.0 RC1.3

-Added the Froyo fingerprint to the build.prop to fix secure market downloads for the time being (after GB is officially released and the market is opened up to it I will set this back)
-Fixed network location issues

2.0 RC1.5

-Added new tweaks added that should improve speed and battery life.. yes I know it was already unbelievably good but now its better :p
-Added CM7 ringtone, alarms and notifications

Install - CWM only:
make sure you have root and Clockwork recovery installed
-boot into recovery via Recovery
-select "wipe data/factory reset"
-select "Yes -- delete all data"
-go back
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select GummyChargedXX.zip
-reboot

Install Themes:
-find and select GummyXthemeX.zip
-reboot

Accessing the Toolbox:
-Open Term
-Type "su" (give root permissions if asked)
-Type "gummytoolbox"

Update Toolbox:
-Open Term
-Type "updatetb"

Twitter:
Follow me on Twitter for Extra news and updates on GummyCharged @kejar31

Donate:

Donate to Kejar31

Donate to Syaoran12

Screen-shots

sc20110813132316.png
sc20110817175950.png
sc20110817175945.png

Last edited:

mslpilt

Jul 8, 2011
Just flashed coming from Gummy 2.0 with EP1W modem and stuck at Samsung logo. Did the factory reset, cache wipe and dalvik wipe prior to. Any suggestions? Thanks for the help in advance

luckdog

Nov 22, 2009
Just Installed

Definitely always erase the big three, especially when coming from another build. I had no issues installing, will check it out and report back later. Thanks gummy, love your ROMS.

---------- Post added at 03:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 AM ----------

Just got the highest quadrant I have ever had at 1824! Feels very snappy!

Khanusma

Jun 7, 2010
hmmm.... I'm getting the bootloop on my third flash. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Not sure though. Wiped the big three before each try. I'm sure it'll be awesome when I get it :)!

converge12

Jul 13, 2008
Actually my phone doesn't recognize when it is plugged in. On the lock screen it says connect your charger but in the status menu it says charging (I hope. Ill confirm that tomorrow.) Also when I turned the phone off it kept battery looping. as in going in and out of the battery icon graphic.

Sent from my Gummy Charged GBE 2.0 using XDA App

Outsider2011

May 10, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
I just wanna make sure of something now im on gc2.0 fe with i think is the ep1w modem because i odin'd it a few weeks ago but i want to make sure im on the ep1w modem before flashing this build so my question is: am i on ep1w when my build number says EE4 but my baseband version reads EP1? PLEASE LET ME KNOW THANKS

Premium Droid GC FE2.0

fitti28

Feb 5, 2011
New Jersey
I just wanna make sure of something now im on gc2.0 fe with i think is the ep1w modem because i odin'd it a few weeks ago but i want to make sure im on the ep1w modem before flashing this build so my question is: am i on ep1w when my build number says EE4 but my baseband version reads EP1? PLEASE LET ME KNOW THANKS

Premium Droid GC FE2.0
yes you are. but if you just want to be certain then you can odin the modems again i am sure it wont hurt anything

Syn Ack

Jan 20, 2011
Atlanta
Can't wait to flash this but it seems we have a 50% success rate. Is this package Voodoo or RFS?

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

Guys this is Voodoo, so if you are on RFS (nonvoodoo) you gotta wait for the lady to shut up and convert your RFS system into EXT4. I was hoping for an RFS version of this, oh well.

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

Oh my god kejar. This is the fastest ROM I have ever put my hands on. It makes everything else look like garbage.

converge12

Jul 13, 2008
No one else can replicate my battery issue? Lock screen or turned off?

docminkim

Jun 18, 2011
Question about overclocking this ROM

First off: Thanks team gummy for all your work!

Is overclocking something that can / should be done with this ROM?

If so, seems like voltage control app doesn't work / recognize with the included kernel ...

Does setcpu work (just wanted to check before I shell out the whopping $1.99for the app)?

GrainOsand

Jan 5, 2011
This will be my last ROM until Google drops ICS. Awsome job, this rom is so damn stable and fast that I don't even need TSM parts!

Atheron121

Aug 30, 2011
Glass Unlock not activating

I selected Glass unlock for the Unlock Screen option, and set the "Set screen lock" to "None", but when I unlock, still get the padlock slider. Any way to force Glass unlock?

Steve.G

May 19, 2009
First off: Thanks team gummy for all your work!

Is overclocking something that can / should be done with this ROM?

If so, seems like voltage control app doesn't work / recognize with the included kernel ...

Does setcpu work (just wanted to check before I shell out the whopping $1.99for the app)?

This week is "Geek Week" over at Amazon. SetCPU is .99, as well as good sales on Root Explorer and a few other Root apps. So if you do decide to grab it, make sure you get it on sale.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gummy CHARGED GBE

Rev your Charge up and get ready cause this things fast!!!
    sc20110910172213.png

Notes:

* This is an RC release it is only the base of what will be the complete release of GBE... That means it does not include any tweaks or the toolbox or TSM.. All of which will come to this ROM

*While it is not needed, it is recommended that you install EP1W radios

* Please Wipe Data regardless of what ROM you come from

Do not use themes from previous GBE releases you will get a bootloop

Select Settings-->Display settings-->Unlock screen-->Glass unlock to get incoming calls to show up with the AOSP lockscreen slider rather than the puzzle crap

AppWidgetPicker causes issues with The Power Control widget (not the one in the dropdown) if you use this widget put it in place and on next reboot and it will no longer be blank...

TeamGummy
    Primary Dev and project lead - Kejar31
    Smali Guru - Dev - Syaoran12
    Kernel Dev - IMoseyON
    Java Dev - Turlz
    Official Artist - Daank
    Official Themer - Gunnermike53
    Forums support - Hazard209

FABOLOUS for allowing me to use his Server to host Gummy Charged and letting me use his toolbox script to make mine!!! :)
    Thanks to B16 for letting me post on his servers
    Thanks to Teamdouche for publicly posting the CM source, which I compiled some of my apps from
    Thanks to Superteam and Dustin Jorge as Gummy-Laucher2 was forked from and based on their work

I also want to put out a special thanks to IMNUTS (which CWM we are using in this release) for all his help

Features:
    - Most all apps were built from source.... rather that decompiled and hacked apps via APKmanager!!!!! To do this I took the CM7 source trees and reworked the framework to allow apps to properly find resources after they were compiled.
    - New Base built on top of EP1W
    - The only apps left from TW are Dialer, Contacts and Camera
    - AppWidgetPicker - built byboombuler
    - Ads blocked via hosts file -thanks to delta_foxtrot2
    - 1% battery increments built in (Icons made by TeamGummy)
    - Themed Dialer, Contacts, Task Manager by me to integrate into the stock GB look and feel
    - AOSP lockscreen
    - Reboot options (recovery and Download)
    - Overscroll Glow
    - Screen off animation
    - DSPManager included!
    - Imoseyon Kernel with voodoo lagfix and init.d support
    - Custom Launcher2 with extra hotseats and speed tweaks (lightest fastest laucher you will ever use)

ToolBox:Not Included in RC Buids
    -install removed TW apps:
    MediaHub
    TW Email
    Visual Voice Mail
    AllShare
    TW Calculator
    TW Video Player​
    -Add and remove Ads
    -Install Themes:
    Gummy Pink
    GummyBlue
    GummyRed
    GummyYellow
    GummyComb - many images were used from HoneyBread so I want to make sure I give that author credit (haxzamatic - you da man!)
    Black Alian
    Pinkie​

More to come...

Known Issues:
    1. Battery history is not working ( FC if you try to access it from SpareParts)

Disclaimer:
    I nor anyone in TeamGummy take any responsibility for what this ROM or its tools may do to your phone.

Download:

MD5SUM
    42b95bbb49a734ab2504dfbf43960a31

GummyCharged GBE 2.0 RC1.5 CWM

Updates:

-Streaming audio fix is implemented
    -Updated theme defualt theme
    -New Market
    -Fixed Voice Search
    -Removed wording on dropdown power widgets - credit confuscius

-HDMI out is fixed
    -Browser is fixed - We are now using the AOSP one
    -Quadrant score is back up to 1200~1600
    -Misc audio quirks are fixed

-Updated parts of the base to EP1H but the framework and TW apps are still EP1f based
    -Imoseyon tweaks are now implemented thanks to IMNUTS new kernel that allows init.d scripting
    -New radios are now included from EP1H
    -minor theme fixes

1.9RC1

-Updated the base to EP1Q

1.9RC2.3

-Completely reworked the dialer it is now based on the dialer from the fascinate so we no longer have to go into a separate app to access contacts
    -Re-added Black Gtalk
    -Updated Youtube to the latest version
    -Misc fixes and cleanup

2.0 RC1

-Based on EP1W
    -Completely rebuilt from the top to bottom with more bug fixes than I can put in one post
    -Gummy-Laucher2 added
    -Imoseyon 2.0.4 kernel
    -This will be included as a CWM install only at this time..

2.0 RC1.1

-Updated Busybox and imosyons kernel to fix conversion issues

2.0 RC1.2

-Fixed Market issues (this requires a data wipe, sorry)

2.0 RC1.3

-Added the Froyo fingerprint to the build.prop to fix secure market downloads for the time being (after GB is officially released and the market is opened up to it I will set this back)
    -Fixed network location issues

2.0 RC1.5

-Added new tweaks added that should improve speed and battery life.. yes I know it was already unbelievably good but now its better :p
    -Added CM7 ringtone, alarms and notifications

Install - CWM only:
    make sure you have root and Clockwork recovery installed
    -select "wipe data/factory reset"
    -select "Yes -- delete all data"
    -go back
    -find and select GummyChargedXX.zip
    -reboot

Install Themes:
    -find and select GummyXthemeX.zip
    -reboot

Accessing the Toolbox:
    -Open Term
    -Type "gummytoolbox"

Update Toolbox:
    -Open Term
    -Type "updatetb"

Twitter:
    Follow me on Twitter for Extra news and updates on GummyCharged @kejar31

Donate:

Donate to Kejar31

Donate to Syaoran12

Screen-shots

sc20110813132316.png
    sc20110817175950.png
    sc20110817175945.png
    thanks for the warranty tip... I am paying the $8 per month on Verizon right now..

how does the SquareTrade warranty compare to the Verizon insurance?

It's $99 for 2 years, if you buy it within 14 days of buying the phone. If you buy it after that, it's $149 for 2 years. It included accidental damage protection, such as water or dropping it off of a cliff. They will fix any issue for free, as long as it's not water or abuse. If it's water/abuse, there is a $50 deductible. I have a friend who has washed his phone in the washer twice, so this would have saved him if he actually bought it! He didn't listen!

There is a 5-day guarantee. If they can't fix it within 5 days of the claim, they will mail you a check for the full value of the phone. So, if you get a Droid Charge and drop it in water...obviously they can't fix it. So, you give them $50, and they give you a check for retail value ($599), so you can go get a replacement... or a phone of your choice.

So to summarize, $99 works out to $4.15/month over 24 months. $149 works out to 6.20/month over 24 months. And it includes water damage.

Also, when thanking... try to click "Thanks" instead of just saying it. It feels nicer lol. :)

I hope this helps!
    no charging problems here, still can charge in less than an hour on a 2amp charger.
    I've been wary to make the jump to GB roms, but now I'm going to take the plunge. I'm fairly new to flashing custom roms and just had a few questions so I don't screw up my phone.

I'm running a ee4 Froyo custom rom. Do I have to do odin the EP1W modem through odin? Or can I just use CWM and install GummyCharged GBE 2.0RC1.5? Of course I would wipe all three things usually. I'd appreciate any help guys!

The ROM comes with the EP1W radio installed. Just follow the OP.
    anyone having navigation issues? my gps never finds where i am.

Download "Faster Fix" from the market. Worked wonders for me!