FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Multiple Android/FirefoxOS-Starter (WinMo 6.5 + NativeSD-Android/FirefoxOS)

94 posts
Thanks Meter: 146

By o82239, Member on 23rd October 2012, 07:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,
I've developed a tool for dual/triple/quadro/... booting the NativeSD-ROMs (Android or FirefoxOS) from Windows Mobile 6.5

How to use it:
Extract the zip-file and copy the "WinAndroid.exe" in the NativeSD-directory on your SD-Card.

After starting it, the tool automaticaly analyses the NativeSD-Folder and it shows the installed ROMs. Then you can select the ROM (in the directory "/NativeSD/") or the Recovery (in directory "4EXTRecovery", "twrp2", "twrp2.3.3.0.ex" or "recoverytytungbackup") and click on "Boot selected" to start it.

V5 and V6:
Click image for larger version

Name:	capture008.jpg
Views:	3822
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	1647911

Technical informations:
  • ROM-Start: It automaticaly copies the two files zImage and initrd.gz to the "NativeSD"-directory and starts clrcad.exe and haret.exe in the same directory.
  • Recovery-Start: It starts clrcad.exe and haret.exe in the "4EXTRecovery"-, "twrp2"- or "twrp2.3.3.0.ex"-directory.
  • Last booted Android (default selected): It starts the Android-ROM, which was started the last time. It is the same as "ROM-Start" without copy the two files. (since Version V2)

Tip:
  1. To start the tool with one click, generate a link in the startmenu of Windows Mobile.
  2. If you use the Classic-SD-Methode (not NativeSD-Methode), then you can download the WinAndroid-Classic, extract it, copy the EXE in the directory of your Classic-SD-Android, generate a link in the startmenu of Windows Mobile and start it...

Startmenu:

Name:	Startmenu.jpg
Views:	4786
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	1461944

Warning:
It's the first release and it can have some bugs... you should make a backup...

I've tested it with NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1 (4.2.2), NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10 (4.1.2), NexusHD2-ICS-CM9 (4.0.4) (from tytung), PACman (4.1.2), AOKP(4.1.1) (from Xylograph) and CM7 (2.3.7) (from c1cl0n) and FirefoxOS (Boot to Gecko) (from feherneoh) ROMs with htc-WinMo6.5 (with .Net-Runtime 3.5). Because it is a .Net-program, it is possible, that it works on a Windows Phone 7.x too... someone should test and report it...

Thanks to Xylograph and securecrt for the great NativeSD-methode and thanks to all XDA-Devs.

Downloads:

NativeSD-V6:
6th release for NativeSD-Methode
new:
- Add "Extended twrp2" to the list of the recovery-versions (see Extended TWRP|v2.4.0.0)
WinAndroid-V6.zip

NativeSD-V5:
5th release for NativeSD-Methode
new:
- Add list of the recovery-versions (4EXTRecovery , twrp or Recovery for tytung-backuptool (WinMo 6.5 + NativeSD-Android))
- New sort-order (NativeSD-ROMs on the top)
WinAndroid-V5.zip

NativeSD-V4:
4th release for NativeSD-Methode
new:
- Backup-directory (from tytungs-backup-tool) ignored
WinAndroid-V4.zip

NativeSD-V3:
third release for NativeSD-Methode
new:
- Help-text on the top
- Last booted Version displayed on the top
- Reads file rom_name.txt in the same directory and display it on the top
- Writes the last booted ROM in the rom_name.txt (like the great datagr-android-tool )
- All program-errors are loged in a textfile "winandroid_error.txt"
WinAndroid-V3.zip

NativeSD-V2:
second release for NativeSD-Methode
new:
- ROMs sorted
- Add "Last booted Android" -> see Technical information -> 3. point
WinAndroid-v2.zip

NativeSD-V1:
first release for NativeSD-Methode
WinAndroid.zip

Classic-V2:
second Release for Classic-SD-Methode
new:
- new Icon (WinAndronia is the litle sister of WinAndroid)
WinAndroid-Classic-V2.zip

Classic-V1:
first Release for Classic-SD-Methode
WinAndroid-Classic.zip

Greetings,
Klaus

------------------------------------
Pictures of the old versions:

NativeSD-V4 and V3:

Name:	capture005.jpg
Views:	3300
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	1476843

NativeSD-V2:

Name:	capture003.jpg
Views:	3189
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	1430105

NativeSD-V1:

Name:	WinAndroid.jpg
Views:	4048
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	1425132
The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to o82239 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift o82239 Ad-Free

24th October 2012, 10:20 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 587

More
Thumbs up Multiple Android-Starter (WinMo 6.5 + NativeSD-Android) works!
Thanks tested good on Windows Mobile WM6.5. Recognised all 11 of my NativeSD folders and booted into the one I selected (PAC). Renamed folder to 4EXTRecovery and it recognized and ran that.
Would be nice to be able to sort in alphabetical order.
Good job - much appreciated!
Cheers
Tom
Sent from my HD2 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Szczepanik For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Szczepanik Ad-Free
25th October 2012, 04:55 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
WinAndroid.exe (Native-SD version 2) released
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szczepanik

Thanks tested good on Windows Mobile WM6.5. Recognised all 11 of my NativeSD folders and booted into the one I selected (PAC). Renamed folder to 4EXTRecovery and it recognized and ran that.
Would be nice to be able to sort in alphabetical order.
Good job - much appreciated!
Cheers
Tom
Sent from my HD2 using Tapatalk 2

Hi,
thank you for your feedback. Now in Version V2, the ROMs are sorted. Try it...
Greeting,
Klaus
The Following User Says Thank You to o82239 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift o82239 Ad-Free
25th October 2012, 05:44 PM |#4  
Hey I think this thread should be in android development...more useful there:thumbup:

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2
25th October 2012, 09:16 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakure

Hey I think this thread should be in android development...more useful there:thumbup:

Hi,
I'm new on XDA...
Witch thread do you mean?
This is a WinMob.-Program... should this in a android forum?
Does other phones use clrcad and haret too?

Greetings,
Klaus

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda app-developers app
26th October 2012, 12:12 AM |#6  

More
Thumbs up WinAndroid V2
Quote:
Originally Posted by o82239

Hi,
thank you for your feedback. Now in Version V2, the ROMs are sorted. Try it...
Greeting.

o82239 Fantastic thanks, V2 works well and it is nice to see the ROMs are sorted. I have started suggesting to some OPs that they add it to their first page.

This is a great first contribution to xda! Welcome! If you want another idea for a useful little WP program I would like a button (with suitable logo) that would run 4EXT Recovery. (I know I can run WinAndroid and then select Recovery but I am lazy! I already wrote a WM NativeSD-mscr but it does not have a nice logo!)

If you want to move your thread we can ask Poyensa or one of the other moderators to help. I agree that "HD2 Android Q&A and General" is probably not the right place. The question is what should it be under?
  • HTC Leo: HD2 > HD2 Android > HD2 Android Themes and Apps
  • HTC Leo: HD2 > HD2 Windows Mobile 6.5 > HD2 Windows Mobile 6.5 Themes and Apps
  • HTC Leo: HD2 > HD2 Android > HD2 Android SD Development
Although this is a Windows Mobile App, as it relates to Adnroid SD Development, I favour that but as Poyensa reads this thread I am sure he will guide you.

Cheers
Tom
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Szczepanik For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Szczepanik Ad-Free
26th October 2012, 04:40 AM |#7  
Flag Shanghai
Thanks Meter: 112

More
Quote:

o82239 Fantastic thanks, V2 works well and it is nice to see the ROMs are sorted. I have started suggesting to some OPs that they add it to their first page.

This is a great first contribution to xda! Welcome! If you want another idea for a useful little WP program I would like a button (with suitable logo) that would run 4EXT Recovery........................

Cheers
Tom

Yes very nice start up into XDA, thanks a lot !!!

I would like to add something to the wish/idea of Tom, in the Android SD developement section BoxmaX |23 |10 | BoxmaX.S3.5.v10 created a different approach for his ROM and clrcad and haret are not in the NativeSD folder but in the "Direct" folder on the root of the sdcard.

I don't know as I'm not a Hacker whether it would possible for your little tool to run a search and/or filter on folder containing clrcad and haret ?
This output could then be used to create a list/ui and to start the ROM the user just wanna use.

Cheers.....LinChina
The Following User Says Thank You to LinChina For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LinChina Ad-Free
26th October 2012, 05:39 PM |#8  
OP Member

More
WinAndroid-Classic.exe (Classic-SD version 1) released
Quote:

This is a great first contribution to xda! Welcome! If you want another idea for a useful little WP program I would like a button (with suitable logo) that would run 4EXT Recovery. (I know I can run WinAndroid and then select Recovery but I am lazy! I already wrote a WM NativeSD-mscr but it does not have a nice logo!)

Hi,
thanks...
Try the "Classic"-Tool (see new tool [with icon ] in the first post), witch I've developed some month ago and now updating it with some improvements of the NativeSD-Version. You can copy it in your folder of each Android, make a link in the startmenu (perhaps rename it to the Android-Version, like "Recovery") and start it...

Quote:

If you want to move your thread we can ask Poyensa or one of the other moderators to help. I agree that "HD2 Android Q&A and General" is probably not the right place. The question is what should it be under?

• HTC Leo: HD2 > HD2 Android > HD2 Android Themes and Apps
  • HTC Leo: HD2 > HD2 Windows Mobile 6.5 > HD2 Windows Mobile 6.5 Themes and Apps
  • HTC Leo: HD2 > HD2 Android > HD2 Android SD Development
Although this is a Windows Mobile App, as it relates to Adnroid SD Development, I favour that but as Poyensa reads this thread I am sure he will guide you.

Cheers
Tom

@ Poyensa (if you read this): What do you think? Is it the right place? If not: We can move it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinChina

I would like to add something to the wish/idea of Tom, in the Android SD developement section BoxmaX |23 |10 | BoxmaX.S3.5.v10 created a different approach for his ROM and clrcad and haret are not in the NativeSD folder but in the "Direct" folder on the root of the sdcard.

I don't know as I'm not a Hacker whether it would possible for your little tool to run a search and/or filter on folder containing clrcad and haret ?
This output could then be used to create a list/ui and to start the ROM the user just wanna use.

Cheers.....LinChina

thanks...
What do you think about the "Classic"-Version in the first post?
I think, that we have a performance-problem, if we scan the SD-Card on every start of the program. I've a 32GByte-SD and very much files (car-navigation-software, geocaching-software,... with much map-files...) and it can take some houres to scan it. Therefore, to perfom it, I have to save the locations of the scanning and have to read it at start... but then I need an storage (database, registry, file,...) and I dont like this... I love tools with no trash: only copy it, try it and if it is not good, delete only one exe (no files, no database, no registry on place HKCU/HKLM,... which were created from the tool). Classic-Version is better, isn't it? You can copy 20 or more Classic-Versions in different folders and link them to the startmenu and rename the startmenu-icon.. What do you think?

I would be pleased to receive other feedbacks. Thanks and greetings...

Klaus

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to o82239 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift o82239 Ad-Free
26th October 2012, 07:13 PM |#9  

More
Tutorial xda-developers.com/wiki/Android_Loader
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinChina

Cheers.....LinChina

LinChina please look at the programs that I listed in the Wiki Android_Loader page I wrote
http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/Android_Loader
For example I use Android Loader as I have select the folder where your Android files are to be in NativeSD.
Cheers
Tom
27th October 2012, 09:30 AM |#10  
OP Member

More
Hi Tom (Szczepanik),
I've a litle request, because you have so much installed ROMs. Is the handling ok (scrollbar or touch and scroll)? What about landscape-mode? Can you post some screenshots?
I've only tested this in an emulator and this is not a HD2...
Is the Classic-tool (with icon )ok for your recovery?
Greetings and thanks for testing
Klaus

The Following User Says Thank You to o82239 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift o82239 Ad-Free
27th October 2012, 07:11 PM |#11  
Retired Forum Moderator / Retired Recognized Developer
Flag mi patria en mis zapatos
Thanks Meter: 2,593

More
Moved to android SD development
Thanks o82239 for this nice app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poyensa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift poyensa Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
native sd, nativesd

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)