FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] M-A INSTALLER | Install ZIPs WITHOUT a Recovery !!!!!

772 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,326

Post Reply Email Thread
Quote:

M-A Installer clones recovery enviroment on android enviroment . It allows us to install zip update packages directly in android without rebooting in cwm/twrp/... !! M-A Installer does not convert scripts for installing package , It installs zip directly into device so Its compatable with all flashable zips all over the world ( At the moment aroma series are not compatible with M-A Installer becuase Android system over rides frame buffer while surface flinger trys to redraw screen on new inputs or refresh events , so I 'm waiting for a fix from Aroma to add aroma binary support to M-A Tools )

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME FOR REBOOTING IN RECOVERY
♥ USE M-A INSTALLER INSTEAD ♥
FIRST REAL ZIP PACKAGES INSTALLER

Warning !

YOU ARE USING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK ! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE !!

DO NOT TRY TO INSTALL ROMS OR PACKAGES CHANGING SYSTEM BECAUSE YOU CAN NOT CUT DOWN A TREE WHILE YOU ARE AT THE TOP OF IT !!

Requirements

- Busybox
- ARMv7 ( + NEON ) - [ May not work on ARMv6 !!! ]
- Root Permissions

How to install

- Download last version
- Extract contents in /system/bin/
- Set permissions of all files which you have extracted to "rwxr-xr-x" ( 755 )

How to use

- Open terminal and type :
Code:
su
inzip path/to/zip
- Write path to zip file you want to flash instead of path/to/zip

Downloads

version 1.0 | ARMv7 ( + NEON ) Support

CREDIT

M0RT3Z4
Aramullz ( aka Ahmad Amrullah )
Koush and All devs contributed in CWM project
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to alireza7991 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alireza7991 Ad-Free

13th August 2013, 05:54 PM |#2  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 16

More
How can we will wipe data, cache ?
13th August 2013, 06:44 PM |#3  
Flag Treviso
Thanks Meter: 336

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by naag.qc

How can we will wipe data, cache ?

on terminal type:

su
rm /data/ dalvik-cache /*
rm /cache/ dalvik-cache /*
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hiej For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hiej Ad-Free
13th August 2013, 07:55 PM |#4  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 883

More
Nice.

Maybe you should add examples what can be flashed this way.
14th August 2013, 05:08 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Shahrekord

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZordanKV

Nice.

Maybe you should add examples what can be flashed this way.

all kernels , recoveries , mods , tweaks , engines , maybe gapp and a lot more . only remember you can not install roms and anything else which wipes system or framwork
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alireza7991 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alireza7991 Ad-Free
14th August 2013, 12:01 PM |#6  
Flag Pescara
Thanks Meter: 1,262

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alireza7991

all kernels , recoveries , mods , tweaks , engines , maybe gapp and a lot more . only remember you can not install roms and anything else which wipes system or framwork

yes, but don't you need a reboot when flash a kernel a mod or some init.d tweak?
14th August 2013, 12:23 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Shahrekord

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktulu84

yes, but don't you need a reboot when flash a kernel a mod or some init.d tweak?

M-A Installer : install zip -> reboot system
CWM : reboot recovery -> install zip -> reboot system

as you can see reboot recovery is removed using m-a installer so about 2-3 min time is saved

Also it maybe fix "annoying setup wizard" bug ( I did'nt test )
14th August 2013, 12:56 PM |#8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 11,041

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

M-A Installer : install zip -> reboot system
CWM : reboot recovery -> install zip -> reboot system

as you can see reboot recovery is removed using m-a installer so about 2-3 min time is saved

Also it maybe fix "annoying setup wizard" bug ( I did'nt test )

May be the reboot to recovery will give you a saving of 30 seconds... But only the trouble to use terminal, typing the commands and write correctly the path... I think you lost the saving of reboot to recovery... That's my thinking.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9001 usando Tapatalk 4
The Following User Says Thank You to smeroni68 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift smeroni68 Ad-Free
14th August 2013, 01:10 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Shahrekord

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeroni68

May be the reboot to recovery will give you a saving of 30 seconds... But only the trouble to use terminal, typing the commands and write correctly the path... I think you lost the saving of reboot to recovery... That's my thinking.

oh dealing with hardware keys on ADC Team CWM to find and choose update package is to time consuming comparing to writing 1/2 small lines on terminal + you do not need to reboot on all zip packages ! some packages applys directly after installing .

You are not forced to use this tool ! Leave this topic clean if you do'nt like this
14th August 2013, 01:19 PM |#10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 11,041

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

oh dealing with hardware keys on ADC Team CWM to find and choose update package is to time consuming comparing to writing 1/2 small lines on terminal + you do not need to reboot on all zip packages ! some packages applys directly after installing .

You are not forced to use this tool ! Leave this topic clean if you do'nt like this

I never write this tool is not good, but if you compare a procedure that need a reboot, I think it is not so time saving... And if you use TWRP instead of CWM... There is no comparison...

14th August 2013, 01:27 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Shahrekord

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeroni68

I never write this tool is not good, but if you compare a procedure that need a reboot, I think it is not so time saving... And if you use TWRP instead of CWM... There is no comparison...

Even if using twrp you need some times for going in menu and finding update packages and installing it and ....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)