[MOD] 4G HACK - 0_o

Search This thread

HiddenKnight

kpsingh

Nov 26, 2010
Getting same it a bit worst than before 4g speed.
I get about 4-5 bars of signal.
Guys on a side note... I use to get 10mb consistently a long time
Ago but probably for the last 6 months I've only gotten like 5ish or below any
Ideas why??? That'd be helpful

MeatyCoins

Aug 7, 2007
okay thanks

does anyone notice that the location has changed? it says I am 2 miles away from baltimore in speedtest app...I am in ny lol

st0921

Jun 18, 2010
SF Bay Area

Maybe because there are more sprint 4g users sharing the same bandwidth?

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

mikejones13

Sep 21, 2008
Hidden somewhere in the USA
Nope, but you can get a further distance reception.

1)You need to go to your EPST menu by ##3282#
2)Edit mode. Enter MSL
3)Tap WiMAX, and scroll to (about) the middle.
4)Look for a section called " WiMAX_Entry_RX(RSSI)(dBm) " and change this from -89 to -109, this will allow a further distance reception.
5)Press MENU, and Commit Modifications!

For some reason every time my phone resets the changes revert back to the original settings

shadowmike

Feb 6, 2008
Cleveland
facebook.com
Anyone have stock sprint settings ? Apperently this vm 3.6 Rom is connecting through vm

Sent from my EVO One 3D using the XDA Premium App.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336625182240.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336625182240.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 1,264

ipclark1

Oct 29, 2007

Thought was just me in Chicago here. Same situation exactly.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

vWvSTATICvWv

Jun 15, 2010
NYC
For 3G, you can also up the speeds on it.
1. Get your MSL, MSL reader in the market
2. After you have your MSL go to your phone and type ##3282#
3. Click Edit Mode
4. Click Advanced
5. Scroll down to HTTP PD Proxy Port & HTTP PD Proxy Address
6. Change HTTP PD Proxy Port to 0 (zero)
7. Change HTTP PD Proxy Address to 0.0.0.0
8. You'll have a .20-.60 mbps increase in 3G speeds.

I went from 114kb/s to 222kb/s with a really poor reception...so it helps sometimes.

I remember changing this months ago but now I don't even see the proxy ports anymore for 3G. I'm running Clean ICSense, no fw upgrade. HmmMM :confused:

peekeesh

Oct 23, 2010
Anyone have stock sprint settings ? Apperently this vm 3.6 Rom is connecting through vm

Sent from my EVO One 3D using the XDA Premium App.

Just remove 'virginemobileusa.'. Leave 'sprintpcs.com' in there.

Commit changes, reboot, power down the phone and pull battery off, wait for 30 secs then turn it back on.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

SirThumpaLot

May 29, 2010
Vegas
So before flashing this mod, I figured I'd try a more logical approach to testing this mod. Keep in mind I only had one bar of 4G before & after flashing this mod. I decided to run 3 speed tests back to back before flashing the mod, then 3 speed tests after flashing the mod to compare the results. The phone was placed in the same exact location for all tests in order to minimize variables... blah, blah blah! Obviously this is a less then scientific approach but whatevz.

The results were as follows...

Before flashing 4G Hack:
1st Attempt: Down- 7.34Mbps, Up- 1.65Mbps
2nd Attempt: Down- 7.79 Mbps, Up- 1.65Mbps
3rd Attempt: Down- 5.85Mbps, Up- 1.70Mbps
Average: Down- 6.99Mbps, Up- 1.67Mbps

After flashing 4G Hack:
1st Attempt: Down- 9.15Mbps, Up- 1.65Mbps
2nd Attempt: Down- 7.49Mbps, Up- 1.67Mbps
3rd Attempt: Down- 9.55Mbps, Up- 1.67Mbps
Average: Down- 8.73Mbps, Up- 1.66Mbps

Again, these tests in no way prove anything substantial. I just thought I'd post what my experience was in regards to how this mod affected my device. Cheers!

Last edited:

hachiroku

Jan 28, 2008
this hack actually worked for me. ever since i first flashed myn's ICS, my 4G has been HORRID. not at the fault of myn at all. i then fixed the wimax settings in ##3282# to remove virginmobile which didn't help much.

the fastest results i've ever been able to get with speedtest prior to this mod, was 2,xxx kbps on 4G, and 9xx on EVDO.

after this mod i pulled on speedtest, 5,xxx kbps on 4G, and 1,xxx on EVDO. my ping almost doubled though.

i also found that the settings referred to in a prior post doesn't state exactly as noted.

7. Change HTTP PD Proxy Address to 0.0.0.0​

is actually, unless i'm missing something here. mine was already set to zero's.
6. Change LBS PDE Port to 0 (zero)
7. Change LBS PDE IP Address to 0.0.0.0

4G i have to say has been pretty horrible for me still even after this change. my 3G is much more potent in regards to ping rate which was the opposite prior to going ICS. maybe its just the area i'm in, but i've lived here for 7 months. only have seen these issues for myself after going to ICS based off the vm rom.

DeMiNe0

Dec 13, 2007
I remember changing this months ago but now I don't even see the proxy ports anymore for 3G. I'm running Clean ICSense, no fw upgrade. HmmMM :confused:
I don't have these settings anymore either. I noticed that the epst looks different. I think we may need to downgrade epst to apply that fix again. It's a shame because that fix REALLY helped my 3g speeds alot.

curiousGeorge

Feb 17, 2008
Saint Paul, MN
So before flashing this mod, I figured I'd try a more logical approach to testing this mod. Keep in mind I only had one bar of 4G before & after flashing this mod. I decided to run 3 speed tests back to back before flashing the mod, then 3 speed tests after flashing the mod to compare the results. The phone was placed in the same exact location for all tests in order to minimize variables... blah, blah blah! Obviously this is a less then scientific approach but whatevz.

Before flashing 4G Hack:

After flashing 4G Hack:

Again, these tests in no way prove anything substantial. I just thought I'd post what my experience was in regards to how this mod affected my device. Cheers!

In other words, your average download speed after this mod is 25% better. Nice. I got almost 70% increase though. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    people....

put this in your ROMs, do whatever, it is a free for all. Flashable zip (because some people don't like editing things themselves :rolleyes: ) to increase 4G data transfer speeds...

basically removes data transfer restrictions from the device... you will tap out your wimax connection wherever possible. I live in a 4G area, and this literally doubled my transfer speeds.... :eek:

doesn't improve signal strength, just removes restrictions through wimax binaries, libs, network settings, etc...

be careful with this... i know some people who have been flagged for fast data transfer... lol.

like myself.

*evilnesssss

and whoever says sprint doesn't throttle is full of ***T!

wipe cache, dalvik a few times before flashing, just to be safe. just good practice.

DOWNLOAD

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fhm63yox9a4hweb/2012-05-09_17-12-50.png
    this test was done beforehand.... and was half this..... i live about 3/4 mile from a tower...
    For 3G, you can also up the speeds on it.
    1. Get your MSL, MSL reader in the market
    2. After you have your MSL go to your phone and type ##3282#
    3. Click Edit Mode
    4. Click Advanced
    7. Change HTTP PD Proxy Address to 0.0.0.0
    8. You'll have a .20-.60 mbps increase in 3G speeds.

I went from 114kb/s to 222kb/s with a really poor reception...so it helps sometimes.
    Nope, but you can get a further distance reception.

1)You need to go to your EPST menu by ##3282#
    2)Edit mode. Enter MSL
    3)Tap WiMAX, and scroll to (about) the middle.
    4)Look for a section called " WiMAX_Entry_RX(RSSI)(dBm) " and change this from -89 to -109, this will allow a further distance reception.
    5)Press MENU, and Commit Modifications!
    can someone provide proof that is works? because sprint does throttle your data speeds at the tower not the phone. This being i was a sprint tech for over 6 years.

Before flashing 4G Hack:

After flashing 4G Hack: