[Q] Xperia S CWM black screen

Search This thread

iwabernethy

Feb 25, 2012
Google Pixel 4
Hi,

I have a Xperia S and have unlocked the bootloader and rooted. I then used RecoverX to put CWM on. Then when I try to boot in to recovery (tapping sony logo as it boots), the screen goes black and nothing happens.

Anyone got any ideas?

Note that if I don't tap to go in to recovery the phone boots fine.

Cheers,

Iain

shahrukhqasim

Sep 30, 2013
Islamabad
shahrukhqasim.com
36468824 2111

Hi,

I have a Xperia S and have unlocked the bootloader and rooted. I then used RecoverX to put CWM on. Then when I try to boot in to recovery (tapping sony logo as it boots), the screen goes black and nothing happens.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers,

Iain

Go to flash boot and reflash kernel either TWRP or CWM. This should resolve the issue.

mnashfaq

Jul 9, 2013
Kandy
Hi,

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers,

Iain

Must be a problem with the recovery.. use sony emma flashtool to flash Advanced stock kernel for your firmware... check if your firmware is .200 or .211 or .96.. go to this link to download kernel.. :)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2302393

check your firmware and download the appropriate kernel.. and flash via flashtool.. in fastboot mode.. and after flashing.. reboot and an amber light will show up on your notification light, then press volume + several times to enter CWM.. (just follow the steps in the link) :)
Good Luck..!! :) :fingers-crossed:

Hit thanks if I helped.. :)