Update availabe for Xperia Neo &Neo V- Build 4.0.2.A.0.62

Search This thread

thedr0idboy

Nov 25, 2011
micurriculumvitae.org
Hi, this version have problems with root :/
298800577 What has new this version? It,s possible share the ftf? because in my zone it isn,t available. If it is not possible, could you give me the sources with loader.sin for create the ftf archive?.

Thank you very much

Jan 31, 2011
shenzhen
Hi, this version have problems with root :/
298800577 What has new this version? It,s possible share the ftf? because in my zone it isn,t available. If it is not possible, could you give me the sources with loader.sin for create the ftf archive?.

Thank you very much

I'm sorry that I know nothing else except that thread.It included some infos you want:(

Reactions: thedr0idboy

joecool1029

Jan 17, 2011
What I suggest doing to root this version since ftf isn't floating around and wotan crypts their firmware:

1. Testpoint unlock bootloader (free if you have sim unlocked non-carrier). If you have a branded plunk down some dollars for jinx13 or that alejandrissamo (sp?) to do it. This method you can relock later on for warranty concerns. You need fastboot access and BL unlocked, don't whine, just do it.

2. Flash new firmware with wotan, back your stuff up with titanium or whatever beforehand.

3. HOTBOOT inteks kernel (I don't trust it on new build for neo v and I use stock otherwise). This is done by entering fastboot mode and running fastboot boot kernel.img and phone will reboot with inteks. (DO NOT DO FASTBOOT FLASH, JUST FASTBOOT BOOT)

4. Run zergrush tool as normal, phone will root.

5. Reboot and you are back on stock kernel with root access :)

EDIT: I should note I required this new build as my neo v was affected by random reboot bug on .42, this fixes it. Problem is well documented on SE forums and is neo v specific, neo is fine.

Sent from my LT15i using XDA App

Last edited:

kostas1972

Jan 15, 2012
Greece & easbourne uk
hi everybody this is my first post although i have use xda lots of times .
i didn't want to start a new post for just a simple question .
So recently i root my xperia neo v 2.3.3 with zergRush but after ota update lost the root , update to 2.3.4 i know was a foolish move to update to 62 firmware ...
i have download WotanClient to flash it to the old one 42 firmware
pls let me know if the selected firmware in WotanClient screen shoot is the correct .
mobile screen shoot is the ota update
WotanClient screen shoot what i want to flash ,is the old firmware of the neo v Any suggestions are welcome
thank you

Attachments

• screenshot_2012-01-15_1813.jpg
    screenshot_2012-01-15_1813.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 338
  • Capture23.JPG
    Capture23.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 333

Top Liked Posts