[success!]defy bl7 root!

Search This thread

pranks1989

Nov 24, 2011
Ontario

Downloading the files now... And if it works dude I am coming to China to kiss you!! :p :O

I will be able to sleep peacefully!!

Great work!! It is indeed working! however, I still wonder what the exploit was! If I am not wrong the sbf was modified to include superuser.apk in system apps and may be ro.secure ... build.prop was modified and repacked.. But how did you manage to keep signature?!

And it's fine even if u don't do a data wipe!i didn't and it worked fine...

Last edited:

joydeep1985

Jun 19, 2011
Bangalore
One quick question . Does this mean this exploit applies for all of DFP-188, DFP-231, DFP-2311 BL7 sbf ( although I have seen DFP-231 SBF is only the attached SBF ) . What about the rest . Can this be applied on all the above three ? someone Please confirm that .

anavas

Aug 5, 2006
Chennai
back on ICS on bl7

I am back on ICS. Very excited... One question though

Is there any way we can make extended battery work with this ROM ? (I hope it is some thing to do with bootleader)

juried

Jan 29, 2011
I could use some help... I can't unpack the .gz with 7zip - reports an error at 99%. I can unzip the firmware.sbf, but that also can't be opened by 7zip, so now I am unsure...

TDJ-1

Jan 8, 2009
BIG THANKS!! Finally my defy+ is root!!

this is what i was waiting for my defy
and now its alive and kicking jeah!

(((((TDJ.Fm Team))))

Last edited:

hackergnome

Apr 21, 2011
Bengaluru
Now go and try TWRP!! its awesome!!!
make sure u flash latest bootmenu before flashing TWRP!!! Bootmenu1.1.8 it should be on Walter's ms2ginger thread as well as in Multi boot thread...

Sent from my MB526 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    can i flash it over my DEFY+ bl7 and get it rooted???
    That's the idea of flashing this.

..can i copy the given file from your dropbox to my sd card and flash it from my DEFY+ itself....or i have to use my pc for the flashing??? :confused:
    No, you have to flash it through RSD Lite (5.3.1 I'd suggest).

Here is a how to:

0. Charge fully your battery before starting to flash!
    1. DL DEFYPLUS_U3_4.5.1-134_DFP sbf file.
    2. DL firmware and firmware.z01, put them in the same folder and extract firmware - it will create a firmware folder inside your current folder with another SBF file inside.
    3. DL and install Motorola usb drivers, so your phone gets recognized by the PC in bootloader mode.
    4. Install RSD Lite 5.3.1
    5. Get your phone into BL mode - turn it off, press and hold Vol+ and Pwr button. This is what your screen should look like:
    37164d1306666863-motorola-defy-flashen-bootloader-screen.png

6. Start RSD Lite as Administrator and connct your phone to PC
    7. Press the "..." button in RSD lite and select the DEFYPLUS_U3_4.5.1-134_DFP file. Hit start, sit back and wait.
    8. DO NOT TOUCH, TURN OFF, UNPLUG your phone untill the flash process is complete or you can permanently brick your phone!
    9. Repeat steps 7 and 8, but this time select the second sbf file that was exctracted from the firmware zip's in the firmware folder.
    10. After flashing is done, turn off the phone, unplug it from the PC, press and hold Vol- and Pwr buttons. At the yellow exclamation mark with an android press simultaneously Vol+ and Vol-
    11. Wipe data/factory reset.

Reboot and enjoy your newly rooted BL7 Defy+ (and don't forget to send me a beer :D:D:D)
    hello and thank you,
    1/ wipe: wipe meaning what exactly? factory reset from within phone or what?

2/ flash: flash how?

1. Shut down the phone>Press the button Volume Down and keep it pressed>Press the buton Power On>A Yelow Triangle with an Android will appear>Pres both Volume buttons>A menu will appears>Navigate up/down with the Volume buttons and Accept with Power buttons> sellect Whipe Data and Factory Reset and then Whipe cache>Select Reboot from menu and press imediately the Volume UP buton>the phone will enter in Bootloader Mode (is ready for flash process)>Connect it to PC

2. The Flashing proces is done on PC with the phone connected. You must install RDS Lite and Motorola USB Drivers (after installing drivers restart the PC.
    Run installed RDS Lite as Administrator (if you use Windows Vista or 7). Click on [ … ] Button and select your .SBF file and click Open.
    Boot your phone into Bootloader Mode (as I said at point 1.).
    Now connect your Defy to your PC (if is not already connected)
    The START button on RSD Lite should be available now, click and wait.

Don't disconnect until RDS Lite will show PASS.
    OK, here are the links to my Dropbox
    Great news!

Those done downloading - pls torrent the files, and it'll spread much faster!

Here is a torrent file with firmware.zip and firmware.z01